Real Life Cam

Thestarider

Real Life Cam Demise  

113 members have voted

1. 1. Is Real Life Cam Going Downhill and losing market share ?

No they choose not to respond, I do not know if the Admin has ever been contacted by them via e-mail, but we are contacted almost weekly by the lawyers with DMCA takedown orders issued. So they are here and they amongst us !!!

5 minutes ago, Thestarider said:

No they choose not to respond, I do not know if the Admin has ever been contacted by them via e-mail, but we are contacted almost weekly by the lawyers with DMCA takedown orders issued. So they are here and they amongst us !!!

When you get harassed weekly by lawyers wouldn't it be better to just drop the RLC section?

Absolutely not, it is what built this forum and still has a huge fan base in this community. When RLC was the size of VHTV and even smaller they never messed with CamCaps, because of all free advertising they were getting.  Once they became owned by the large corporation that is Tech Fashions, all that changed. Let us hope that VHTV never decides to sell to the big internet corporations, or the same thing could very well happen.....

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Thestarider said:

Absolutely not, it is what built this forum and still has a huge fan base in this community. When RLC was the size of VHTV and even smaller they never messed with CamCaps, because of all free advertising they were getting.  Once they became owned by the large corporation that is Tech Fashions, all that changed. Let us hope that VHTV never decides to sell to the big internet corporations, or the same thing could very well happen.....

Never knew they were owned by a different company before.

I’m sure VHTV is taking market share from all of the voyeur sites, but anyone being honest about it knows that they did by cheating! They pretend to be a voyeur site, but the goods they sell are just voyeurismish! Most all of them don’t live in their real homes, they live in a half empty cam studio rented by a manager, who will boot them if they don’t earn enough views to pay the rent. That’s not voyeurism, that’s a 24/7 live sex cam studio. What VH did was ruin the premise of a voyeur site and now it would be basically impossible to compete against them with an actual voyeur site. The fragile niche has been ruined out of pure greed! 

If you’re one of those people who say, well, if it was more like real voyeurism then it would be too boring and you wouldn’t watch, then guess what you’re not a voyeur, your a live sex watcher. Nothing wrong with that, but it’s not voyeurism no matter how much you twist your mind into saying it is. 

A voyeur site would never pre-announce activities or pay teneants to perform in front of the free cams for the sole purpose of advertising. Voyeurism was fubar’d by VHTV! 

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

I’ll go a step further and say this. The relationship between cc members and VHTV, along with the direct contact with the tenants via Twitter and their visible presence on CamCaps, ruined the VH forums. We’re not all equals and people know too much to allow a free flow of thought. “Nothing but the facts and make sure that you don’t steer too far off center.”  

1 minute ago, Amy3 said:

I'll go a step further and say this. The relationship between CM and VHTV members, along with direct contact with tenants via Twitter and their visual presence on CamCaps, destroyed VH Forums. We are not all equal and people know a lot to allow the flow of ideas . "Nothing but facts and make sure you do not move away from the center ."  

Yes , wonderful: biggrin:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Amy3 said:

I’ll go a step further and say this. The relationship between cc members and VHTV, along with the direct contact with the tenants via Twitter and their visible presence on CamCaps, ruined the VH forums. We’re not all equals and people know too much to allow a free flow of thought. “Nothing but the facts and make sure that you don’t steer too far off center.”  

Yes a very valid point Amy as i am now often wary in saying certain things in case i should upset the particular tennant but then you could take the attitude that if they want to put their heads on the block be careful it doesn't get chopped off lol. They always say it is a dangerous thing to listen in on other peoples converstions as you may hear things you didn't want to !!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Robwin said:

Yes a very valid point Amy as i am now often wary in saying certain things in case i should upset the particular tennant but then you could take the attitude that if they want to put their heads on the block be careful it doesn't get chopped off lol. They always say it is a dangerous thing to listen in on other peoples converstions as you may hear things you didn't want to !!!

But in this case, the tenants really have nothing to worry about whatsoever. Anyone who attempts to samething the least bit negative or off color and BAM! They get labeled a creep and off the ignore list they go or worse, the silent treatment. No, we’re constrained quite a bit because they know were here and there are guards on patrol ready to pounce. 

16 minutes ago, Amy3 said:

But in this case, the tenants really have nothing to worry about whatsoever. Anyone who attempts to samething the least bit negative or off color and BAM! They get labeled a creep and off the ignore list they go or worse, the silent treatment. No, we’re constrained quite a bit because they know were here and there are guards on patrol ready to pounce

Only a couple though!

• Like 1

I literally felt that I had no more interest after subbing to RLC after a month. No communication from RLC on status, future plans, etc. Just a "here it is, that's all there is, make your recurring payment, please" feeling.

If it wasn't for this site, I'd probably have totally abandoned even looking at RLC itself by now since there is a sense of community here that RLC itself doesn't fostor or appear to have any interest in.

• Like 1

2600 views, 83 replies and just 60 votes.

It has been very consistent above 70% of those who have voted, that RLC is most definitely going downhill. The numbers on this forum show that, with less and less posts in the  RLC section. The hits for the site show that decline via alexa, the top hits counter on the internet. The poster's who do post in the RLC threads have turned far more negative than positive in last many months, than they have ever been that I can remember. All signs lead to RLC's failure to provide good service and content to the subscriber for a fair price. Thus the mass exodus has begun and where it will stop only time will tell.

If you have any thoughts, please join in the discussion and by all means votes do count.

Thanks

Rider