Real Life Cam

Thestarider

Real Life Cam Demise  

113 members have voted

1. 1. Is Real Life Cam Going Downhill and losing market share ?

1 minute ago, Thestarider said:

2600 views, 83 replies and just 60 votes.

It has been very consistent above 70% of those who have voted, that RLC is most definitely going downhill. The numbers on this forum show that, with less and less posts in the  RLC section. The hits for the site show that decline via alexa, the top hits counter on the internet. The poster's who do post in the RLC threads have turned far more negative than positive in last many months, than they have ever been that I can remember. All signs lead to RLC's failure to provide good service and content to the subscriber for a fair price. Thus the mass exodus has begun and where it will stop only time will tell.

If you have any thoughts, please join in the discussion and by all means votes do count.

Thanks

Rider

Nice summary. Especially now when VH finally has an US place I think RLC should answer to keep up the competition. We need competition between sites. Look how fat and lazy RLC became during the time they had no or only little competition.

• Like 1

It appears that everyone who wanted to vote and voice their opinion has done so, I will leave this poll open for another day or two.

I would hope that the RLC spies that read and patrol our threads, and that they have indeed read the poll and the opinions of those who have posted.

The posters have varied opinions as to why RLC has gone to shit lately, and they also agree that it is overpriced for the content received compared to other sites similar to theirs. 

It is a consensus as well that the RLC support system is either non-existent or sucks to begin with compared to other sites that are similar.

This poll had nearly 3000 hits. That should say something to RLC that members of their site are concerned with what is going on, and possible they will soon be loosing many of the subscribers if something doesn't change soon. Just think if this poll had 3000 hits how many complaints go unread by the support system ?

CamCaps served as free archive for RLC for many years, before out of the blue they stopped it, and started treated the only real forum and archive for their site like shit. There is now doubt that for many years CC brought 1000's of new members to RLC, and the Admin gave them the opportunity to work directly with CC, in which RLC owners snubbed their nose at. They were moved about a year ago from the feature position on CC to the very bottom of CC, and this was done because other sites choose to work with CamCaps open and freely with no ramifications, provided that we follow their requests, and certainly appreciate all the free advertising this forum brings to them.

Over the last year, RLC has gone from 7 times the hits as the nearest competitor, to just barely 3 times the hits as it's nearest competitor. Market share lost that is likely to never return.

Honestly I speak from a 6 year membership to RLC, and the fact I have spent well over $3000.00 dollars supporting this site, and it really sucks when you feel your opinion means nothing. By this I mean I have written support on many occasions, and almost every time I received a generic response from a robot answering the support questions. The only time I received a response that meant anything was when Jarik was beating the shit out of Taya on camera.

I voted, and I hope you voted as well, if you haven't please do so, as the poll will close in couple days.

Rider

• Like 2

I voted and I hope that both sites RLC and VV will stay because competition is needed. RLC a long time was without competition. This might be the reason they have problems now. 

VH is a whole different story. They had to fight themselves from the beginning to where they are now constantly. 

Anyways thanks for the poll @Thestarider

I learned some things I did not know before. 

• 1 month later...