The Climate Change Thread

1 hour ago, ashleyxyz said:

Hi Dave. Did you see happy answered you

Hi Ash,yeh I did thanks.I'm still trying to digest it all.It''s complicated but interesting and once I think I have got it I'll post again.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Dave 27 said:

Hi Ash,yeh I did thanks.I'm still trying to digest it all.It''s complicated but interesting and once I think I have got it I'll post again.

It is very complicated, so I really do not pay much attention until a bill is brought up for vote in the House or Senate--and even then we (and most of the elected officials) don't even know what is in the bill

cause we do not have it and they do not read it before they vote-- like most of the electorate just go by what they see and hear on the news or what they are lead to believe (the uneducated voter). 

You know we are really getting away from Climate Change-so lets move this to US General Politics #2

• Like 1

1 minute ago, happyone said:

It is very complicated, so I really do not pay much attention until a bill is brought up for vote in the House or Senate--and even then we (and most of the elected officials) don't even know what is in the bill

cause we do not have it and they do not read it before they vote-- like most of the electorate just go by what they see and hear on the news or what they are lead to believe (the uneducated voter). 

Hi Happy,that is so similar to how Brexit was first introduced to the British public.Uncanny!!!

• Like 1

Just now, Dave 27 said:

Hi Happy,that is so similar to how Brexit was first introduced to the British public.Uncanny!!!

You know we are really getting away from Climate Change-so lets move this to US General Politics #2

•  
  • Like 1

Just now, happyone said:

•  

Ok but without appearing to be rude it is way past my bedtime but I am more than happy to keep in touch👍

Have a good rest of your day.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

You can't fix stupid, Thes. No matter how you prove to them that they're wrong. You will still be branded a Racist. 😄 Racism is the cure for everything now. This what happens when you mix races and cultures without teaching them to assimilate into the society that they chose. Pull the bones out of your nose, the rag off of your head and leave the farm animals at the farm, not your yard.

• Like 1

In the end they'll all find out Climate Change is a Hoax and Billions of Dollars get wasted and 20 Years later it's still the same.  

The Politicians Game is to Bleed the Taxpayer Dry.  What comes next they start dictating that you can't Fart Outdoors.     :biggrin:

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/26/2019 at 3:57 PM, StnCld316 said:

In the end they'll all find out Climate Change is a Hoax and Billions of Dollars get wasted and 20 Years later it's still the same.  

The Politicians Game is to Bleed the Taxpayer Dry.  What comes next they start dictating that you can't Fart Outdoors.     :biggrin:

Once we install the Smell-O-Vision software in the CamCaps site, we'll need to make a rule prohibiting farting in the Apartment threads. (Rants and Flames will be exempt from the rule, fortunately.)

• Haha 1

On 9/26/2019 at 2:19 AM, Thestarider said:

Ice caps melting, riding sea levels because the ice caps are melting: Well maybe not so fast there AOC and climate change crazies. Physics and science prove otherwise.

The video you are showing demonstrates a well-known effect. Only it completely misses the point regarding the effects that contribute to sea level increase and the effects that the melting ice has on the climate change. I recommend everyone here to watch the following video. It is comparatively long, but explains in simple terms the issue. For those of you who can't afford to watch the hole video, just go straight to the 30min point. 

In summary, it can be said that there are two essential effects that make the see level rise due to the global warming:

1.  Ice that melts off landmasses (mainly Antarctica and Greenland).
  2.  Expansion of water due to temperature rise (as an effect independent of the ice melt)

BTW, The rise in sea level is a proven fact. And really crucial is that the speed of the see level raise increases. 

Here are the measurement results of NASA presented as an overview:

3 hours ago, Alladino said:

The video you are showing demonstrates a well-known effect. Only it completely misses the point regarding the effects that contribute to sea level increase and the effects that the melting ice has on the climate change. I recommend everyone here to watch the following video. It is comparatively long, but explains in simple terms the issue. For those of you who can't afford to watch the hole video, just go straight to the 30min point. 

In summary, it can be said that there are two essential effects that make the see level rise due to the global warming:

1.  Ice that melts off landmasses (mainly Antarctica and Greenland).
  2.  Expansion of water due to temperature rise (as an effect independent of the ice melt)

BTW, The rise in sea level is a proven fact. And really crucial is that the speed of the see level raise increases. 

Here are the measurement results of NASA presented as an overview:

I'll be glad when it all melts.  I am fucking tired of Winter Weather.   :biggrin:   

• Upvote 2