Nina & Kira General Chat Topic 2019 #1

The obstruction from cam 4 has been removed - I did not see this occur before bedtime.  Perhaps Sundance knocked it off the Ikea stand.  Typical cat.  Or perhaps RLC spooks snuck in and moved it.  Hmmmm....  doubtful.  I blame the cat.  

In other news, any idea WHAT the painting is that Nina has been working on so meticulously?  I thought it was a paint-by-numbers thing at the beginning, but now Nina has been concentrating on it with small details for many nights now.  I haven't had a good straight-on look at it, but it almost looks like van Gogh's "Starry Night."  Nina used to do a LOT of awesome crochet, but I guess with Spring arriving, not much need for scarves or warm hats and handshoes now. 

The number of hobbies these young ladies are involved in simply astounds me.  From computer and technical, to labor and construction, to the artistic and creative, they can do it ALL.  Together.  Out of 25 units, there is NO other apartment on RLC that has the talent and resourcefulness that Nina & Kira have.  I challenge anyone to prove me wrong.  😎  

• Like 1

Also, any idea what the white cardboard box that has a cat face on it is doing in between the LR and kitchen?  It is a new item.  Perhaps they needed to transport Butch or Sundance to the vet?  Sundance appears to be snoozing in it right now.  It must certainly have a utilitarian purrrpose, because N&K would never buy their children such plain accoutrements.  Anyone with insight is encouraged to reply!  ♥️  

12 hours ago, sturmchaser said:

Also, any idea what the white cardboard box that has a cat face on it is doing in between the LR and kitchen?  It is a new item.  Perhaps they needed to transport Butch or Sundance to the vet?  Sundance appears to be snoozing in it right now.  It must certainly have a utilitarian purrrpose, because N&K would never buy their children such plain accoutrements.  Anyone with insight is encouraged to reply!  ♥️  

Purrrpose... LOL, I see what you did there! 🙂

I don't think it really is a transporter box, because the hole in the front does not look it can be closed off. There is also a new cat toy besides the cardboard box, so perhaps they spended some hard earned 'frequent buyer' miles at the pet 😂

Now you say vet... Last week I had the impression I only saw one cat in the apartment. Perhaps you are right, ans one of those little red devils was indeed out-of-town for a while?

16 hours ago, sturmchaser said:

In other news, any idea WHAT the painting is that Nina has been working on so meticulously?  I thought it was a paint-by-numbers thing at the beginning, but now Nina has been concentrating on it with small details for many nights now.  I haven't had a good straight-on look at it, but it almost looks like van Gogh's "Starry Night." 

She puts a lot of effort in it. So she really wants it to be good.

It would be great if Nina showed us, for example by just putting the painting on view on the couch or something like that. Hint hint! 😄

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jouandomy said:

You're right, it's Van Gogh. And Nina read the forum, she put it on the couch.

2019-04-2233a22de13bf83242.png

Sharp eye Domy! Thanks for sharing 🙂 (and thanks Nina 🤩)

However, it can not be a simple Van Gogh. A real Nina is worth much more 😋

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, jouandomy said:

You're right, it's Van Gogh. And Nina read the forum, she put it on the couch.

Dang, to think I pulled that random guess right out of my cowboy ass!   Whodathunk those "art appreciation" classes I took in college would finally pay off all these years later.  Thanks for the confirmation sir!  And while I still don't completely believe in the "they read the forums" theory, the placement of the painting on the couch does lend a great deal of credence to it.  Also that the cam 4 obstruction was moved by morning - perhaps Nina DID get up and move it last night while I wasn't watching.  (So well done, @bigmac18)  When I zoom in on the catbox, it has a Purina Pro-Plan label on the top, which is what they feed Butch and Sundance, plus small air holes on the sides.  Maybe they got it as a freebie tossed in with an order of cat food.  

Tonight was a wonderful night, much talk, much laughter, much silliness, much dancing, and healthy eating (pears, grapes, etc).  Even Butch was being ornery, so much fussing at the kitties, too.  Everyone has Spring fever, and I like it!  I hope it continues.  

Just now there was an accidental collision in bed between Nina's head and Kira's mouth, resulting in Kira possibly having a bit of a fat lip in the morning LOL.  We shall see.  

Also, Happy Earth Day to those who observe! 

• Like 1