Cheesy

nagachilli2

1 hour ago, nagachilli2 said:

Thank all you guys for the lovely messages. I'll make sure Cheesy's son knows you were all deeply saddened by the news and your prayers are with him and his family...x

This is something I shared with our friend from early January. I had stopped posting generally but we were still in touch. 

On 1/4/2019 at 5:08 PM, charliefoxx69said:

Thanks I will look for your book when it comes out and be sure to buy a copy. I wanted to leave you with something that resonates with me more and more each time I have read it down through my years...

I share with you because it fits.

"Living A life That Matters"

Ready or not
someday it will all come to an end.

There will be no more sunrises,
no minutes, hours, or days.

All the things you collected,
whether treasured or forgotten,
will pass to someone else.

Your wealth, fame,
and temporal power
will shrivel to irrelevance.

It will not matter what you owned
or what you were owed.

Your grudges, resentments,
frustrations, and jealousies
will finally disappear.

So too, your hopes, ambitions,
plans, and to-do lists will expire.
The wins and losses that once
seemed so important will fade away.

It won't matter where you came from,
or on what side of the tracks

You lived, at the end.

Through each day, our goal is..
to touch one’s heart,
to encourage one’s mind,
and to inspire one’s soul,

May you continually be blessed..
And be a blessing to others..

Beautiful and thank you my friend.  Remember I will always be here until I'm not.  That's the best I can do so talk to me any time you want.

In a nutshell, that's who Cheesy was.

I will truly miss him.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, charliefoxx69 said:
This is something I shared with our friend from early January. I had stopped posting generally but we were still in touch. 

On 1/4/2019 at 5:08 PM, charliefoxx69said:

Thanks I will look for your book when it comes out and be sure to buy a copy. I wanted to leave you with something that resonates with me more and more each time I have read it down through my years...

I share with you because it fits.

"Living A life That Matters"

Ready or not
someday it will all come to an end.

There will be no more sunrises,
no minutes, hours, or days.

All the things you collected,
whether treasured or forgotten,
will pass to someone else.

Your wealth, fame,
and temporal power
will shrivel to irrelevance.

It will not matter what you owned
or what you were owed.

Your grudges, resentments,
frustrations, and jealousies
will finally disappear.

So too, your hopes, ambitions,
plans, and to-do lists will expire.
The wins and losses that once
seemed so important will fade away.

It won't matter where you came from,
or on what side of the tracks

You lived, at the end.

Through each day, our goal is..
to touch one’s heart,
to encourage one’s mind,
and to inspire one’s soul,

May you continually be blessed..
And be a blessing to others..

Beautiful and thank you my friend.  Remember I will always be here until I'm not.  That's the best I can do so talk to me any time you want.

In a nutshell, that's who Cheesy was.

I will truly miss him.

It's very poignant and fitting Charlie. Thank you for sharing it with him and us, my friend...

• Like 1

On 2/19/2019 at 8:10 AM, nagachilli2 said:

Hello everyone...I know this isn't the right thread, but I'm posting this message here for 2 reasons...and I hope you forgive me. Firstly, I want as many of you guys to see it as possible, and although this guy really deserves a thread of his own here, I think many would miss it. Secondly, and very sadly, it would be a very short thread...

About 4 months ago, sort of by accident, I started PMing a guy. We became very good 'friends', even though we often disagree...He'd only been a member for 4 months or so before that, but was really enjoying the crack over on the main forum. This guy was wanting something to do to fill in his time. His beloved wife of 42 yrs was painfully and tragically taken from him 2 yrs ago and, although he still feels a little guilty watching all the beautiful girls here, he enjoys, or should I say, enjoyed the banter on here and it kept him going.  You see, to describe his health as 'not great' is the understatement of the year. But his 20 odd years in the military and his lovely wife's 5 month battle with cancer made him a strong man...a fighter. He's had 4 massive heart attacks and eventually had a quadrupal heart bipass. He's on a ton of meds, but the biggest pain relief, morphine, he can't take because of an allergy. He also has chronic  diabetic neuropathy in both feet and is in horrendous pain 24/7, possible amputation an option...
He wanted something to help him escape the constant pain, so subscribed to RLC. He's also written a book, which will be published later this year. 'POINT CLAIRE'. But sadly, since he's finished it, his sleepless nights have become boring. He's stopped posting on the forum because of all the negative shit flying around and he stopped enjoying it. His book was finished, so he had nothing to go to when RLC was quiet and has now stopped reading this forum and pulled the plug on his RLC membership. 

Basically he's really missing his wife, the constant pain is unbearable and his quality of life is non existent...He's ready to be reunited with his wife now guys, and depression has kicked in big style. He never told you this shit because he wasn't after pity and sympathy, but I asked him if I could relate some of his story... 
He's busy dotting i's and crossing t's with his remaining family in the next few days..He's putting everything in place...

He's also apologises for not saying goodbye personally...

Some of you know him as Cheesehead51...but I'll always remember him as 

Image result for cheesy

❤️

Reading through the random discussion topic I read this post and see this man was a Viet Nam veteran and wrote a book titled Point Claire.  Was he U S Coast Guard and is Point Claire an 82 foot gunboat he served on?  If not then my sincere condolences to his family but if he was then I would like to write something here. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dontgetnone said:

Reading through the random discussion topic I read this post and see this man was a Viet Nam veteran and wrote a book titled Point Claire.  Was he U S Coast Guard and is Point Claire an 82 foot gunboat he served on?  If not then my sincere condolences to his family but if he was then I would like to write something here. 

Good evening Dont...Cheesy never went into any detail with me about his 21 years in the military but I'm pretty sure you are correct. As you've probably read, he sadly died 2 days after I informed the forum of his very sad situation.
Thank you for your condolences, and by all means write something here...I'm sure his time is being spent with his beloved wife, but I'm sure he's dip in CC and RLC occasionally, to keep an eye on his girls...

Thank you for reply.  I make the assumption that I am correct because I am very familiar with the Coast Guard's 82 foot gunboats in the Viet Nam War and that they were all named after Points.  They played a huge part in keeping the river systems in SE Asia safe for our forces to resupply combat units that were constantly moving and also stopping, inspecting and occasionally capturing or destroying junks, sam pans and trawlers carrying VC or NV troops, supplies, weapons or intelligence.  

November 18, 1966  an Army CH-47F Chinook helicopter carrying replacement troops and supplies to a base camp in Vung Tao was shot down near Duong Dong about 40 miles SE of Saigon.  The crew was able to make radio contact with our forces and reported they were pinned down by heavy enemy fire from the river.  The Coast Guard Cutter Point Comfort from Squadron One, Division 13 at Cat Lo Base was dispatched to assist.   To make a long story short Point Comfort engaged and destroyed a 100 foot steel hull trawler and rescued 3 crewmen and 11 replacement troops and brought back 1 crewman and 3 troops KIA in the crash.  I was 4 months old when the father I had never met, the copilot, was safely rescued by the heroic actions of the crew of Coast Guard Cutter Point Comfort.  Hero's every one of them.

I know your friend was on the Point Claire but could the name of the vessel have been changed for the book? We will never know.  Was he there on November 18, 1966?  Again we will never know.  In any event I salute this hero and pray that he is at peace in the arms of Jesus.  I thank him and his kind for their service and for giving me a chance to grow up with a loving father. 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, dontgetnone said:

Thank you for reply.  I make the assumption that I am correct because I am very familiar with the Coast Guard's 82 foot gunboats in the Viet Nam War and that they were all named after Points.  They played a huge part in keeping the river systems in SE Asia safe for our forces to resupply combat units that were constantly moving and also stopping, inspecting and occasionally capturing or destroying junks, sam pans and trawlers carrying VC or NV troops, supplies, weapons or intelligence.  

November 18, 1966  an Army CH-47F Chinook helicopter carrying replacement troops and supplies to a base camp in Vung Tao was shot down near Duong Dong about 40 miles SE of Saigon.  The crew was able to make radio contact with our forces and reported they were pinned down by heavy enemy fire from the river.  The Coast Guard Cutter Point Comfort from Squadron One, Division 13 at Cat Lo Base was dispatched to assist.   To make a long story short Point Comfort engaged and destroyed a 100 foot steel hull trawler and rescued 3 crewmen and 11 replacement troops and brought back 1 crewman and 3 troops KIA in the crash.  I was 4 months old when the father I had never met, the copilot, was safely rescued by the heroic actions of the crew of Coast Guard Cutter Point Comfort.  Hero's every one of them.

I know your friend was on the Point Claire but could the name of the vessel have been changed for the book? We will never know.  Was he there on November 18, 1966?  Again we will never know.  In any event I salute this hero and pray that he is at peace in the arms of Jesus.  I thank him and his kind for their service and for giving me a chance to grow up with a loving father. 

Great story, Dont, and thank you for sharing it...Yes, Cheesy and all the guys were certainly hero's...It's a shame he couldn't hang on long enough to chat with you. It might have give him the inspiration to fight on for that little bit longer..

Cheers
Naga...