Sofi & Kirill (2019) Part #2

• Replies 794
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 hours ago, Robwin said:

Oh yeah should have realised, silly me :biggrin:

Right,my new device:

When it arrived I checked the contents list and to my horror in the music section Sponge Bob and Wheels on the Bus were not included and in the audio section Humpty Dumpty and Hickory Dickory Dock were not included.😀.So I sent off a nasty e-mail to Toys R us letting them know how angry I was.They replied apologising profusely saying they would re-send a new device.😀😀😀😀

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Dave 27 said:

Right,my new device:

When it arrived I checked the contents list and to my horror in the music section Sponge Bob and Wheels on the Bus were not included and in the audio section Humpty Dumpty and Hickory Dickory Dock were not included.😀.So I sent off a nasty e-mail to Toys R us letting them know how angry I was.They replied apologising profusely saying they would re-send a new device.😀😀😀😀

Right,my real new device:

This tablet is hanging on by the skin of it's teeth so about a month to 6 weeks ago I decided I would buy myself a laptop.I started looking in Amazon for one and decided to get an Asus x441A which was around £200 but me being me I was on Amazon.com instead of Amazon.co.uk and the fucking thing was coming from Indiana.Anyway it arrived and I decided to set it up(me!!!!!!!)all the usual guff plus I installed Google Chrome(it had Windows 10).I started to use it and was coping as well as you would expect of me until I realised(1) it was noisy after a while and (2) it was heating up and I wasn't liking this.To spare you any more details I got one of the kids to clear everything out,repackaged it,got Fede-Ex to courier it back to Indiana(cost me £42).That's what I get for being a fucking idiot and logging onto the wrong Amazon.I now know that to get a decent laptop is way over what I can afford.

So now I have a new tablet(I know Rob)but probably more sensible knowing my limitations.It's a Huawei Mediatab T5,so it's up and running now.For all that I fucked up I learned stuff from the experience albeit an expensive one.The funny thing is Margaret was cool with my expensive blunder.I just wonder if there is some household"nasty"waiting for me,women's Wiles and all that.!!!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Dave 27 said:

Right,my real new device:

This tablet is hanging on by the skin of it's teeth so about a month to 6 weeks ago I decided I would buy myself a laptop.I started looking in Amazon for one and decided to get an Asus x441A which was around £200 but me being me I was on Amazon.com instead of Amazon.co.uk and the fucking thing was coming from Indiana.Anyway it arrived and I decided to set it up(me!!!!!!!)all the usual guff plus I installed Google Chrome(it had Windows 10).I started to use it and was coping as well as you would expect of me until I realised(1) it was noisy after a while and (2) it was heating up and I wasn't liking this.To spare you any more details I got one of the kids to clear everything out,repackaged it,got Fede-Ex to courier it back to Indiana(cost me £42).That's what I get for being a fucking idiot and logging onto the wrong Amazon.I now know that to get a decent laptop is way over what I can afford.

So now I have a new tablet(I know Rob)but probably more sensible knowing my limitations.It's a Huawei Mediatab T5,so it's up and running now.For all that I fucked up I learned stuff from the experience albeit an expensive one.The funny thing is Margaret was cool with my expensive blunder.I just wonder if there is some household"nasty"waiting for me,women's Wiles and all that.!!!!

Well pal what can i say lol. Could say a lot but won't bother but to be honest any laptop being sold for £200 isn't worth the box its in. For anything decent you are looking to spend at least £400. Anything with a celeron processor in ignore it as it hasn't got the guts to do anymore than one thing at a time. Open multiple tabs and the bloody thing will just grind to a halt lol.

As far as the Huawei Mediatab T5 goes, well a tablet is a tablet, which is only good really for viewing stuff on as you can't really do most of the things you do on a laptop. For normal browsing and email  tablets are ok but that's it.

Tablets are ok but when you want to type something the pop up keyboard almost covers the fucking screen lol so can be a bit fiddly seeing what you are typing in. During the day i normally view CC on my phone (ie a small tablet lol) which is ok once you get the hang of it but to be honest you just can't beat a laptop as its so versatile for any operation ie cut & paste,downloading and saving stuff etc etc is just straight forward and very difficult on a tablet.

It should have the latest Android on it but worth checking for any updates though normally this is automatic and should advise you when it wants updating.

Reviews of the tablet are not that bad,performance seems to be good and good screen.

All in all for a tablet it seems to perform well.

The point is how are you finding it? seriously it should be ok even with the wife lol

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Robwin said:

Well pal what can i say lol. Could say a lot but won't bother but to be honest any laptop being sold for £200 isn't worth the box its in. For anything decent you are looking to spend at least £400. Anything with a celeron processor in ignore it as it hasn't got the guts to do anymore than one thing at a time. Open multiple tabs and the bloody thing will just grind to a halt lol.

As far as the Huawei Mediatab T5 goes, well a tablet is a tablet, which is only good really for viewing stuff on as you can't really do most of the things you do on a laptop. For normal browsing and email  tablets are ok but that's it.

Tablets are ok but when you want to type something the pop up keyboard almost covers the fucking screen lol so can be a bit fiddly seeing what you are typing in. During the day i normally view CC on my phone (ie a small tablet lol) which is ok once you get the hang of it but to be honest you just can't beat a laptop as its so versatile for any operation ie cut & paste,downloading and saving stuff etc etc is just straight forward and very difficult on a tablet.

It should have the latest Android on it but worth checking for any updates though normally this is automatic and should advise you when it wants updating.

Reviews of the tablet are not that bad,performance seems to be good and good screen.

All in all for a tablet it seems to perform well.

The point is how are you finding it? seriously it should be ok even with the wife lol

I paid $100 for my 8" Tablet and it was $100 tossed down the drain.  A useless invention of Technology.  

Should snap the thing in half and have it sent to the Landfill Site because it isn't worth Recycling.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, StnCld316 said:

I paid $100 for my 8" Tablet and it was $100 tossed down the drain.  A useless invention of Technology.  

Should snap the thing in half and have it sent to the Landfill Site because it isn't worth Recycling.

If you only paid $100 then no wonder it was crap, decent ones ain't bad but only any good really for viewing stuff in all honesty.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Robwin said:

If you only paid $100 then no wonder it was crap, decent ones ain't bad but only any good really for viewing stuff in all honesty.

I'll never buy another one.  I'll just stick with my traditional Tower PC.