Reaction Buttons (New Addition)

StnCld316

8 hours ago, StnCld316 said:

All the Buttons will move the Reputation up by one.  The only one that will lower the number is the Down Vote Button. That will be watched closely to make sure it doesn't get abused.

If you were/are worried about this why even have the upvote & downvote options, just simply delete them. Surely that would stop/avoid any abuse taking place. Having a like and a upvote option was always stupid anyway as it was just confusing. Why go out of the way to encourage abuse if that is what you are worried about.🙄

14 minutes ago, Robwin said:

If you were/are worried about this why even have the upvote & downvote options, just simply delete them. Surely that would stop/avoid any abuse taking place. Having a like and a upvote option was always stupid anyway as it was just confusing. Why go out of the way to encourage abuse if that is what you are worried about.🙄

I am not worried about it.  We'll take the appropriate actions if such abuse takes place of the downvote.

• Upvote 1

i said that in a wrong  topic today but for me  exept put more tension on the forum between some members i don't think it's a good idea to bring back this downvote button,

there is some haters on this forum give downvote just for free it's not new and will be very happy to see this button back now

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Amy3 said:

@StnCld316 So, when are you going to update the Leaderboard to include the most.....

Thanks, Haha, Confused, Sad, Upvote, and Downvote? 

Aren't peoples rep statuses being diminished by the alternative reaction options? 

I know, I know, nobody care about such things, blah, blah, blah!! 🤪 , But still, in the rare event that someone actually does care. 

Actually none of the Reaction buttons have really been an issue yet.   We are keeping an eye on it.    

If a Member receives too many it will affect the positioning on the leaderboard.  If it's just the odd one here and there it wouldn't make that much of a difference in the standings.

29 minutes ago, Amy3 said:

No it won't, no matter how many they get. They aren't tracked as far as I can tell. So, if I post a comment that gets repped, I get a rep, but if instead someone Haha' my post then I get nothing. 

But,. Downvote apparently can steal my reps. 

BTW, if anyone downvotes me, they can expect the favor returned. I'm just telling you that right now. 

I believe Admin has a feature in the Control Panel that shows how reactions are given so if there's any abuse of the downvote it will be noticed.

As far as I know of they all move the Rep up by 1 and the down moves it down by one. I'll have to check that out to find out for sure.  I have a secondary account I can check it on.

A member would know quite fast if their Reputation is declining rapidly and will send a PM notifying the fact of such a happening.

Edit: I checked it and each Rep goes Up by 1 and goes down 1 when the Downvote is used. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Amy3 said:

Haha! It's all fucked up. 

A downvote does take away 1 rep, but it you change it back it adds 2. 🔴🔴🔴 Started with 25 reps. I downvoted 5 posts and it dropped it to 20. I then did any other reaction and it took it up to 30. Lol! 

BONUS      :biggrin:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Amy3 said:

Ok, I think I have it. 

The downvote take 1 rep away.

The Thanks, Like, and Upvote add a rep point.

The Confused and Sad are neutral, but if used to replace a downvote, it will bring the rep total back to where it was. 

There is a some glitch that is making it jump 2 points sometimes, but not always.

The Application that was installed was just a Plug-in from the Software Developers Website.  App's Purchased sometimes come as an as is basis.  

9 hours ago, Amy3 said:

BTW, if anyone downvotes me, they can expect the favor returned. I'm just telling you that right now. 

Spoken like a true child. 

Didn't you give that kind of stuff up when you were in grade school? 

4 minutes ago, Dave 27 said:

What and where can I see this rep that's being spoken about.I assume rep is for reputation.?

As usual completely confused!!!!

Oh! I think I 've got it.It's on my profile page but any info on how it works would be appreciated👍

36 minutes ago, Amy3 said:

Just click the heart and the reactions appear. 

Sorry bad advice--if you click the heart you have given a like

Just hold your mouse over the heart and all the options for giving appears

(but when you respond to my posts--a simple click on the heart is sufficient) :biggrin:

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Amy3 said:

Nope! Clicking the heart opens up the reaction option and then you have to select the reaction of choice. 

Edit: I'm on a cell phone, but I think it works the same on a computer. 

works like I said on my computer

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1