Impeach President Trump

55 minutes ago, jabbath1987 said:

The western part of Germany is a democracy since 1949... 

Before this the USA was not what you call a democracy

WWW.OURDOCUMENTS.GOV

OurDocuments.gov. Featuring 100 milestone documents of American history from the National Archives. Includes images of original primary source...

If we had not saved your ass from the Soviets the western part of Germany would not have been a democracy since 1949. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ridgerunner said:

If we had not saved your ass from the Soviets the western part of Germany would not have been a democracy since 1949. 

Right. The coalition of USA, UK and France helped to establish democracy where the US clearly did the main part. A thing we won't forget here. 

On 2/3/2020 at 11:11 AM, jabbath1987 said:

My opinion on this is a good part of the US American democracy died with that process. Regardless if the evidence would have been against Trump or not the Republicans should have listened to them. This way they show they will stand behind Trump regardless what he does. The GOP showed they have no own concept but follow Trump blind and accept everything he does. They will win and fail only with him now. Trump now knows he can do whatever he wants as the GOP will follow him everywhere. 

The president in the White House just got rid of the checks and balances system and there are still people cheering on that. Democracy is slowly dying and Trump now is the most powerful president the US ever had. 

Their impeachment (you can think about it what you want) but it was covered by the constitution was far from being fair and will go down in history as the moment democracy began to die in the USA. 

You do not have the slightest idea of what you are talking about. You know nothing about our Constitution. Both articles of impeachment were unconstitutional. There is no such crime as abuse of power and the president claiming executive privilege is not obstruction of Congress. Rather than getting rid of checks and balances, Trump actually protected the checks and balances of the U.S. Constitution by exercising executive privilege. If the Democrats wanted to force Trump to provide witnesses and documents they needed to subpoena them, and then go to the Judicial branch to have the courts enforce the subpoena. That's how the checks and balances system  works. When there is a dispute between the Executive and Legislative branch the Judicial branch resolves the dispute. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Ridgerunner said:

And it was the Democratic Party that opposed the voting rights act.

Stating that the Democratic Party was opposed to the Voting Rights Act is extremely disingenuous as it was only Southern Democrats that were opposed to it.  House Democrats voted for the Act 218-54 and the Senate Democrats voted 49-17.  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, jabbath1987 said:

Oh I do not take sides for any of the parties. It was just a fact I stated that before this act you could not call the USA a democracy.

18 minutes ago, jabbath1987 said:

How many women have been US president? 😉

You didn't answer my question. I don't think your country is as non-racist as you hold yourself out to be.

1 minute ago, bnvhdsh29 said:

Stating that the Democratic Party was opposed to the Voting Rights Act is extremely disingenuous as it was only Southern Democrats that were opposed to it.  House Democrats voted for the Act 218-54 and the Senate Democrats voted 49-17.  

They were still Democrats. And the Republican vote in the Senate was 30 for and 2 against with the Republican vote in the House being 62 for and 23 against.

Guest KriKirk
On 2/3/2020 at 9:47 AM, jabbath1987 said:

The USA have been a democracy since 1965 and I think now this is the beginning of the end...

Declares that the USA is dying because Trump wasn't removed from office. How shallow of you!