Congratulations...

HarleyFatboy

3 hours ago, nagachilli2 said:

I've led a sheltered life Dave...I thought 'Scran' was a Geordie term...but come to think of it, I can see the Scots saying it too lol.  Glad to hear you're a fan though thanks...😉

I don't want to call you nag(as in horse😀)is N ok?.or what?.Anyway,I had never given the origin of 'scran" a thought before and it's not a word I use often but to me it just means food.Do you live in Geordie land at the moment?.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, maxfactor said:

Storm...that was and is purely Canadian.  Those commercials never ran in the UK.  

I seen some commercials in my younger days so I kind of thought it might be for the English Folks since Fish & Chips are a big item over there.  

1 minute ago, Dave 27 said:

I don't want to call you nag(as in horse😀)is N ok?.or what?.Anyway,I had never given the origin of 'scran" a thought before and it's not a word I use often but to me it just means food.Do you live in Geordie land at the moment?.

N is fine, although most call me Naga...😉
Yes, scran=food...😁

Yes, lived here all my life...62 years to be exact 

2 minutes ago, nagachilli2 said:

N is fine, although most call me Naga...😉
Yes, scran=food...😁

Yes, lived here all my life...62 years to be exact 

I've visited Northumberland and Durham loads of times to many to name.I had a female boss once who came from Shotley Bridge and my wife Margaret and myself were at her wedding there.The next day we visited the museum at Beamish,damn interesting.There has been some land reclamation in the dock area at North Shields has there not?We stayed in a Premier Inn there once.

Nice talking with you and anytime you want a blether!!!!

5 minutes ago, Dave 27 said:

I've visited Northumberland and Durham loads of times to many to name.I had a female boss once who came from Shotley Bridge and my wife Margaret and myself were at her wedding there.The next day we visited the museum at Beamish,damn interesting.There has been some land reclamation in the dock area at North Shields has there not?We stayed in a Premier Inn there once.

Nice talking with you and anytime you want a blether!!!!

The Northumberland coastline is beautiful, as is Durham especially the cathedral...Beamish is class! I live south of the Tyne...just lol...😁

There's a fair bit of development work all along the river. Gateshead is starting to challenge Newcastle for a great night out and they have an amazing music venue called the SAGE...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, StnCld316 said:

I seen some commercials in my younger days so I kind of thought it might be for the English Folks since Fish & Chips are a big item over there.  

Hi Stone,The Scots,Welsh and Northern Irish have Fish and Chips as well you know.😀Just saying!!!!!

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Dave 27 said:

Hi Stone,The Scots,Welsh and Northern Irish have Fish and Chips as well you know.😀Just saying!!!!!

I guess it's popular all over.  I live in a City that has a Population close to 105,000 and there has to be at least 15 Fish & Chip places around.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, StnCld316 said:

I guess it's popular all over.  I live in a City that has a Population close to 105,000 and there has to be at least 15 Fish & Chip places around.

Haddock was always the No.1 fish used but a number of years ago due to overfishing limits were put on how many could be caught.This resulted in fish like Vietnamese cobbler,Hake, and various others being introduced.Cod which is more popular in England now became more widely used here.What's happened now is Haddock stocks have recovered and Cod is limited.Edinburgh has a Population of nearly half a million and god knows how many "Chippys" there are.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Dave 27 said:

Haddock was always the No.1 fish used but a number of years ago due to overfishing limits were put on how many could be caught.This resulted in fish like Vietnamese cobbler,Hake, and various others being introduced.Cod which is more popular in England now became more widely used here.What's happened now is Haddock stocks have recovered and Cod is limited.Edinburgh has a Population of nearly half a million and god knows how many "Chippys" there are.

I like Haddock but I have a liking for Halibut a lot more.   Halibut is expensive but it's worth it.    2 Pieces of Halibut and Chips with Gravy is close to $25 

32 minutes ago, StnCld316 said:

I like Haddock but I have a liking for Halibut a lot more.   Halibut is expensive but it's worth it.    2 Pieces of Halibut and Chips with Gravy is close to $25 

Wow!! It would need to be really good at that price.Fish and Chips at my local costs roughly £7.We often as not just buy fish from the Fishmonger and cook it ourselves.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Dave 27 said:

Wow!! It would need to be really good at that price.Fish and Chips at my local costs roughly £7.We often as not just buy fish from the Fishmonger and cook it ourselves.

Over priced as usual north of the border eh 🤣😂 only £6 in our local chippy.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, StnCld316 said:

One of the UK's best ever exports is fish & chips 🤣👍

• Haha 1