Nina & Kira (2020) Part #1

12 minutes ago, StnCld316 said:

Is that rig a Standard or an Automatic?

Are you kidding me?   Nobody except millennials drive autotragic, do they?  It's the best auto-theft prevention these days.  

RedJenn is a slightly modified Cummins ISX with an 18 speed Dextor tran and 490 hp.  Plus a bunch of other mods nobody would understand.

One of the dying skills of our gen, learning the simple art of how to drive a stick shift.  I mean, seriously.  Pic is relevant.  

antimill.jpg

• Haha 7
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, sturmchaser said:

Are you kidding me?   Nobody except millennials drive autotragic, do they?  It's the best auto-theft prevention these days.  

RedJenn is a slightly modified Cummins ISX with an 18 speed Dextor tran and 490 hp.  Plus a bunch of other mods nobody would understand.

One of the dying skills of our gen, learning the simple art of how to drive a stick shift.  I mean, seriously.  Pic is relevant.  

antimill.jpg  0

My Father was trucker for 40 Years or more. He started out with a stick shift and then sometime in the 1980's he moved up to an automatic. Just hop in the thing put your foot on the gas and the gears changed on their own without any intervention of a stick shift to play with.

• Like 1

Oh Sturm!  That sticker is Brilliant!  🤣

Mind you It would probably not work here in the UK.  To get a proper Driving Licence here you MUST use a manual gearbox (Stick shift).  Sure, you can get an auto only licence, but I doubt there is that many that do so, as you would have to take another driving test if you ever wanted to drive a manual vehicle.  So you are permanently restricted to auto boxes. Not really worth it.

Go on, try us on the extra mods!!!  Not everyone on here is an absolute moron...  Some of us even grew up having to service and fix our own cars/vans because Garage services where prohibitively expensive.  So a lot of Brits actually KNOW what it underneath the bonnet (Hood) of a car/truck.  490 horses under the hood.  Gosh!  I bet they take some feeding...😁

• Like 1

il y a 3 minutes, StnCld316 a dit :

My Father was trucker for 40 Years or more. He started out with a stick shift and then sometime in the 1980's he moved up to an automatic. Just hop in the thing put your foot on the gas and the gears changed on their own without any intervention of a stick shift to play with.

Yeah!  Mine too, trucks and buses most of his (very hard) life.  I now have an automatic car and a manual gearbox Motorhome.  Swapping between the two is a problem sometimes, as I forget to change down in the Motorhome when I stop at the lights.  Trying to pull away in top gear is er!  Interesting! at times...

• Haha 5

10 minutes ago, StnCld316 said:

Understood, and I can relate.  I have to use local flatnose Macks when I TJ, and it's a learning curve.  But I'm on the East coast and have to ride up and down the hills of VA, 211, 81, 64, 95, etc.  It's safer for me to have 18 and a Jake considering the mountains I cross.  By God's grace, and my driving skilz, I have never once had to experience one of these.  After talking with a few who have, it's not a pleasant experience.    

truck3.JPG

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, Le5b0 said:

Yeah!  Mine too, trucks and buses most of his (very hard) life.  I now have an automatic car and a manual gearbox Motorhome.  Swapping between the two is a problem sometimes, as I forget to change down in the Motorhome when I stop at the lights.  Trying to pull away in top gear is er!  Interesting! at times...

Hell, I get confused with my civvies.  My Jeep has the fuel door on the left, and my four banger has the fuel door on the right.  It's embarrassing when I pull in and forget which side I'm supposed to be on.  

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Le5b0 said:

Not everyone on here is an absolute moron...  Some of us even grew up having to service and fix our own cars/vans because Garage services where prohibitively expensive.  So a lot of Brits actually KNOW what it underneath the bonnet (Hood) of a car/truck.  490 horses under the hood.  Gosh!  I bet they take some feeding...😁

I never meant to insult nor degrade, my good man.  I realize most of us here are around my age of 50 (is the new 40), so we have life experience, but we do have some whippersnappers in our midst.  Diesel is just not a common discussion topic here, unless we're talking about Kira's amazing diesel-fueled abs and 5000 hp engine, and her two beautiful fuel tanks, clean lines, aerodynamic body, and flawless grill,.  Hell, if she had propellers, I swear she could fly.  

Yeah, the fill is painful, but RJ can go a loooonnnngggg way on one feeding.  Half the time I gear down is to fill MY belly, not hers.   Sausagebizkits!  

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, jouandomy said:

Sorry, I didn't find an English version:

Here's an English text description.

The ulnar nerve runs from your neck into your hand, where it is mostly
protected by bones, muscles and/or ligaments. As the nerve passes the
elbow, it is protected only by skin and fat, making it vulnerable to bumps.
When you hit your funny bone, you’re actually hitting the nerve itself
or hitting the nerve against the bone and compressing it. The result is pain,
tingling, and numbness.

There are two thoughts on where the name “funny bone” originated. It may
be based on the sound resemblance between the name of the upper arm
bone, the “humerus” and the word “humorous”, used to describe something
funny. It may also refer to the odd sensation you get when it is struck

• Thanks 2