Harry & Meghan Moving to Canada

Il y a 4 heures, nagachilli2 a dit :

I ❤️Port!
Speaking of Porto wine, we are going to Portugal in May. Spending 3 nights in Porto and 4 in Lisbon 😁

Going off-topic, what are your thoughts about the young royal couple going to Canada or basically Megxit?  🙄

6 hours ago, SierraTM said:

Going off-topic, what are your thoughts about the young royal couple going to Canada or basically Megxit?  🙄

Tbh Sierra, I've never been a 'Royal' so I've stayed out of the discussion because I couldn't give a toss really...🤨

• Like 2

4 hours ago, nagachilli2 said:

Tbh Sierra, I've never been a 'Royal' so I've stayed out of the discussion because I couldn't give a toss really...🤨

I don't really see what is the big deal? They are quite far out in the line of succession. The siblings of the eares of the thrones in Scandinavia has done the same, without all the fuzz. It's not like they will be important anyway, unless William's kids die.

• Upvote 1

Il y a 1 heure, ed2 a dit :

I don't really see what is the big deal? They are quite far out in the line of succession. The siblings of the eares of the thrones in Scandinavia has done the same, without all the fuzz. It's not like they will be important anyway, unless William's kids die.

I think it is not about succession but more about the duty of the royals. They are born into a special family with special privileges and they use public funds so they should not be given the 'freedom' or opportunity to quit on the 'royal family' after spending the resources and funding. Especially for Williams and Harry, who are the undisputed most popular pair of royals in the world. 

This I feel is poorly handled by Harry & his wife, there is no real need to quit & 'live their own lives'. It is just rather selfish of them to a certain extent although there are examples of royal descendants choosing to live a 'commoner's life'. 

• Like 1

Il y a 6 heures, nagachilli2 a dit :

I just thought the UK people might have good impression of Diana's sons so Harry abandoning his royal duty might kind of irked them.

Guess I might be wrong.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SierraTM said:

I just thought the UK people might have good impression of Diana's sons so Harry abandoning his royal duty might kind of irked them.

Guess I might be wrong.

I'm not a spokesperson for the UK on the matter. It's just my take on it and I'm probably the minority...

26 minutes ago, SierraTM said:

I think it is not about succession but more about the duty of the royals. They are born into a special family with special privileges and they use public funds so they should not be given the 'freedom' or opportunity to quit on the 'royal family' after spending the resources and funding. Especially for Williams and Harry, who are the undisputed most popular pair of royals in the world. 

This I feel is poorly handled by Harry & his wife, there is no real need to quit & 'live their own lives'. It is just rather selfish of them to a certain extent although there are examples of royal descendants choosing to live a 'commoner's life'. 

The thing is, this actually benefit the tax payers. A country only needs so many people to represent them outwards, and there are extremely many of them. All of Charles' siblings still have official duties, and some of their children too. Now when Harry and Megan step out of their official duties, to become financially indepent, they also loose their public founding.

I think it's worst for the journalists, as they are a young, popular and handsome couple that they could create alot of publicity around.

• Like 1

il y a 1 minute, ed2 a dit :

The thing is, this actually benefit the tax payers. A country only needs so many people to represent them outwards, and there are extremely many of them. All of Charles' siblings still have official duties, and some of their children too. Now when Harry and Megan step out of their official duties, to become financially indepent, they also loose their public founding.

I think it's worst for the journalists, as they are a young, popular and handsome couple that they could create alot of publicity around.

Not really, the UK royals are rich enough to be independent of taxpayers' money so I don't think those who are pissed with Harry's decision will be thinking about the money saved.

It is more of being faithful to your royal duties and be part of the national efforts. But it seems not everyone is concerned about the young royals' departure so I guess not many people are giving them a shit lol.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SierraTM said:

Not really, the UK royals are rich enough to be independent of taxpayers' money so I don't think those who are pissed with Harry's decision will be thinking about the money saved.

It is more of being faithful to your royal duties and be part of the national efforts. But it seems not everyone is concerned about the young royals' departure so I guess not many people are giving them a shit lol.

How many people do one really need to execute the royal duties of a country? Norway has had between 2 and 4 people officially representing the royal house. UK likely has almost 20. More than any other monarcies in Europe. Wanting to reduce this number is something Crownprinse Charles has adressed many times in the past, as a way to modernise the monarcy.