Harry & Meghan Moving to Canada

Personally I don't care what they do in Canada.  As long as they are Supporting themselves and not Freeloading off the Taxpayer any further they can do what they want.

They'll never have any Peace or Normal Life that they desire anyways.  They'll always be hounded by the Paparazzi no matter where they go.  I just hope they bring their own Security Detail as it's not up to the Canadian Taxpayer to supply them with Round the Clock Protection. 

• Like 4

10 hours ago, SierraTM said:

I just thought the UK people might have good impression of Diana's sons so Harry abandoning his royal duty might kind of irked them.

Guess I might be wrong.

Yep you may well be right pal. Harry has disappointed many of us with his current attitude and apparent lack of balls in standing up to his media hungry wife despite her protestations to the contrary. And as far as being independent that's the biggest joke of the fucking century. The family are still bank rolling him despite denials, as is our bloody stupid police force apparently. I give it 2yrs if they are lucky.

Il y a 7 heures, StnCld316 a dit :

Personally I don't care what they do in Canada.  As long as they are Supporting themselves and not Freeloading off the Taxpayer any further they can do what they want.

They'll never have any Peace or Normal Life that they desire anyways.  They'll always be hounded by the Paparazzi no matter where they go.  I just hope they bring their own Security Detail as it's not up to the Canadian Taxpayer to supply them with Round the Clock Protection. 

Exactly, the press will always be following them and reporting on every move or decision they make so I don't see the point of them dropping their royal duties and just piss off to Canada.

And it seems legally, there is a constitutional understanding between Canada, Britain and the Crown that the royals can't spend too much time in Canada so perhaps that was why they chose to dump their royal status.

But yes, I have the feeling that the Canadian government might end up either paying for their security detail or at least subsidising it.

Il y a 3 heures, Robwin a dit :

Yep you may well be right pal. Harry has disappointed many of us with his current attitude and apparent lack of balls in standing up to his media hungry wife despite her protestations to the contrary. And as far as being independent that's the biggest joke of the fucking century. The family are still bank rolling him despite denials, as is our bloody stupid police force apparently. I give it 2yrs if they are lucky.

Yea I do believe the royal family will continue to bankroll their lifestyle in Canada or at least his father would with his own funding that does not come from the public.

Archie is still a royal descendant, might be different if Harry & his wife are childless.

• Like 1

Il y a 12 heures, ed2 a dit :

How many people do one really need to execute the royal duties of a country? Norway has had between 2 and 4 people officially representing the royal house. UK likely has almost 20. More than any other monarcies in Europe. Wanting to reduce this number is something Crownprinse Charles has adressed many times in the past, as a way to modernise the monarcy.

Yes you can reduce the number of royals doing their duties but not Harry and Williams, who are the most popular and well-known royals around.

Dudes like Prince Andrews, the Queen would be happy if he stops touching kids.

15 hours ago, SierraTM said:

Exactly, the press will always be following them and reporting on every move or decision they make so I don't see the point of them dropping their royal duties and just piss off to Canada.

And it seems legally, there is a constitutional understanding between Canada, Britain and the Crown that the royals can't spend too much time in Canada so perhaps that was why they chose to dump their royal status.

But yes, I have the feeling that the Canadian government might end up either paying for their security detail or at least subsidising it.

Once they get a taste of the bitterly Cold Weather and the Massive Dumps of 8 to 10 Feet of Snow they'll wish their asses were back the UK. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Slender Man said:

Most of the UK couldn't give a monkey's ass.

Precisely. Most of the world couldn't give a monkey's ass and the only reason there is so much royal celebrity news about it is to hush up Prince Andrew's connection to to Jeffery Epstein and the very real possibility that Andrew was one of Epstein's clients.

I think we'll see Andrew take an "accidental" long walk off a short pier before the year is out.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, SierraTM said:

Yes you can reduce the number of royals doing their duties but not Harry and Williams, who are the most popular and well-known royals around.

Dudes like Prince Andrews, the Queen would be happy if he stops touching kids.

Exactly, it is all about the media publicity, and it has nothing to do with royal duties.

12 hours ago, SierraTM said:

You mean they were, they sure have burnt their boats in the UK for many people. Harry needs finding his balls pretty quick before he comes scurrying home to granny.🤭🤣

• Like 1