Discussion: 2019 Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV) #1

itsme

Jabbath, I expected more from you than just being a Trump hater.

News about the coronavirus outbreak that started in Wuhan, China, is changing rapidly. The respiratory infection, named COVID-19 by the World Health Organization (WHO), is closely related to SARS and MERS. The majority of cases are no longer in China, and the disease has been diagnosed in more than 100 other countries, including the United States. We'll provide the latest updates on cases, deaths, travel restrictions, and more here.

Italy now has more deaths from the new coronavirus than any other country. 

Earlier today, Italian officials announced that 475 citizens there have died from the virus in just one day, raising the total number of deaths to 3,405. That surpasses the 3,250 deaths reported in China. 

In all, Italy now has 41,035 total cases, second only to China's 81,238.  

A new study from the Italian national health authority reports that more than 99% of those who have died from the coronavirus there had other medical problems. However, the study only looked at the backgrounds of 18% of the nearly 3,000 people who have died, which means of the estimated 536 cases investigated, 531 had a pre-existing condition. Italy has more cases of COVID-19, the disease caused by the new coronavirus, than any country outside China. As of Thursday morning, more than 35,000 Italians were infected. For the first time since the new coronavirus outbreak began in December, China -- once the epicenter of what would become a global pandemic -- reported no new domestic cases Thursday. The National Health Commission, however reported 34 new cases, all of which were imported from outside China. It's been 81 days since the first case was announced in Wuhan, China. There have been more than 81,000 cases in China and more than 3,200 deaths there. 

The number of global cases has passed 220,000 according to Johns Hopkins University, which has been tracking cases worldwide. Hot spots continue to balloon across Europe and, for the first time, the virus is threatening to spread across all of Africa. 

In an effort to boost testing efforts across the country, Trump also said he is asking the FDA to speed up potential approval of a home test for coronavirus. “The groups are working on determining if a ‘self-swab’ by an individual is as effective as the other.”

Deborah Birx, MD, White House Coraonvirus Task Force response coordinator, said getting private labs to help with testing has eased the logjam of collected specimens. It also, she warned, will likely mean a week or more of much higher numbers of confirmed cases. “Our curves will not be stable until some time next week,” she said.

“With several weeks of focused action, we can turn the corner,” he said. Yet Trump also warned that the outbreak could last until "August, could be July, could be longer than that." Many schools and universities are closed, and  people  who can are being asked to telework. 

Officials also said they will reconsider the guidelines after 15 days and that they may need to be extended. The guidance came the same day Anthony Fauci, MD, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, said that the first human trials of a potential vaccine began in Seattle. 

Earlier this week, the Trump administration announced efforts it said will bring coronavirus testing into a new phase this week. Vice President Mike Pence said at a Sunday news briefing that more than 1.9 million tests will become available and more than 2,000 labs are ready to process them quickly.

At the same time, the U.S. Public Health Service is working with the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) to set up drive-through and walk-up sites in all 50 states. Tests will be prioritized for health care workers, first responders, and people in the highest risk groups, including anyone over 65 years old and people with compromised immune systems. The new sites should be able to conduct 2,000 to 4,000 tests a day and will be set up on a rolling basis, officials said.

They warned that the ramped up testing will cause a spike in the number of positive cases. “The worst is yet ahead for us,” said Fauci. “It is how we respond to the challenge that is going to determine what the ultimate endpoint is going to be.”

While public health officials warn of more cases to come, they say that the risk to the public remains low. Data in China showed that about 80% of cases there were mild. People at higher risk of having more severe cases include those over 65 and people with underlying conditions or compromised immune systems. 

According to the European CDC, about 42% of the global cases are in China. More than 80,000 are confirmed outside of China in 150 countries and regions and every continent except Antarctica. Italy, Iran, and Spain are the countries with the most cases outside of China. The virus has caused more than 9,000 deaths worldwide.

Italy, Iran, and Spain have the most deaths outside China.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, firewall said:

the number of contamined grow rapidly in USA +5000 today

WWW.BBC.COM

US university students flocked to Florida, despite warnings over the new coronavirus.

The US is going to be absolutely fucked by this virus. They have taken too little action, too late and when we see that massive gatherings of people sharing bodily fluids like spring break are still going on?! Wow, I'd hate to be there right now.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Maturin said:

The US is going to be absolutely fucked by this virus. They have taken too little action, too late and when we see that massive gatherings of people sharing bodily fluids like spring break are still going on?! Wow, I'd hate to be there right now.

It is astounding how many of the young are so fucking stupid, immature and selfish. I thought the younger generation were meant to be intelligent? Says a lot for the future eh god help us.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Maturin said:
WWW.BBC.COM

US university students flocked to Florida, despite warnings over the new coronavirus.

yesterday in France they closed all the beach because too much people  think again  they are on vacation they don't understand what is it a containment,

they closed  alot of area today in Paris also

• Like 1

9 hours ago, jabbath1987 said:

Trump fucked it up by doing nothing. Soon the USA will have the most infected I guess.

i see all the california is in containment now and i think it's just the beginning, other areas will do the same thing soon,

what happen in spain italy france will happen in the other countries very soon  (the containment)

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Dave 27 said:

The best of luck with that Ash,😀 but just make sure Guy's happy with your plan.You must BOTH want to be parents.

He wants to be, but he's not sure it's the right time. First we need to get married. I'm gonna propose to him, I've really been thinking about that. Then we can buy a small house and move on.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ashleyxyz said:

He wants to be, but he's not sure it's the right time. First we need to get married. I'm gonna propose to him, I've really been thinking about that. Then we can buy a small house and move on.

There's never a right time Ash, if you wait for that you'll be waiting for ever it's only an excuse for not doing it. When he cums on yer tits next time scoop it up and shove it up yer fanny lol. What's called taking the initiative lol 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Robwin said:

It is astounding how many of the young are so fucking stupid, immature and selfish. I thought the younger generation were meant to be intelligent? Says a lot for the future eh god help us.

The young are as dumb about life matters as they've always been. We think were indestructible. Were not gonna get it , that's what old people get, like people over 30. LOL. I got 9 months till I'm old, booohooo. 

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Robwin said:

There's never a right time Ash, if you wait for that you'll be waiting for ever it's only an excuse for not doing it. When he cums on yer tits next time scoop it up and shove it up yer fanny lol. What's called taking the initiative lol 

Oh, that sounds romantic.🙄. He can give it to me the old fashioned way.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, ashleyxyz said:

The young are as dumb about life matters as they've always been. We think were indestructible. Were not gonna get it , that's what old people get, like people over 30. LOL. I got 9 months till I'm old, booohooo. 

Lol yeah we always knew it all when we were that age I suppose. 9 months to go eh you young whippersnapper, that's funny that's the same as the pregnant gestation period lol. What a coincidence hehe.

• Like 2