Discussion: 2019 Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV) #1

itsme

20 hours ago, firewall said:

so we are more free now 🙂, the decision of Trump is weird to close the borders with the Europe but not with the UK like the country was not infected by this virus 🙂

it's normal Boris Johnson is his big friend 

He's shut it with the UK and Ireland now. 

7 minutes ago, Robwin said:

He's shut it with the UK and Ireland now. 

yes i heard that today, i see the virus start grow up in UK too now so no other choice for him it was not possible to continue with this position,

@Robwin the schools are closed in UK ?

Can anyone shed any light on the panic for toilet paper? Didn't they ever hear of using, say, maybe a washcloth and rinsing it out? 

Turn off the media. It's creating a zombie apocalypse for nothing.

9 minutes ago, TBG 150 said:

Can anyone shed any light on the panic for toilet paper? Didn't they ever hear of using, say, maybe a washcloth and rinsing it out? 

Turn off the media. It's creating a zombie apocalypse for nothing.

I have no idea. The thing is Corona is not said to cause diarrhea... 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, firewall said:

yes i heard that today, i see the virus start grow up in UK too now so no other choice for him it was not possible to continue with this position,

@Robwin the schools are closed in UK ?

Schools not closed yet but will probably  be from next week. I am still not sure whether closing schools will help or not at least when the kids are at school they aren't roaming round the streets and many parents would probably not be able to leave work to care for them. It is a very difficult decision either way. One way or the other until a vaccine is available the whole situation is in the lap of the gods and relying on the public behaving responsible.

it is rather alarming how suddenly figures are shooting up especially in Europe, they seem to have gone mad all of a sudden.

The part of England i am in we are lucky so far only about 2 reported cases in our county but no doubt this will rise.

6 hours ago, Cody0526 said:

Coronavirus over 3x as dangerous as flu.

WWW.WORLDOMETERS.INFO

Death Rate (Case Fatality Rate, CFR) latest estimates for the COVID-19 (formerly known as 2019-nCoV) disease from the SARS-CoV-2 virus...

Current numbers total death rate is 3.7275% of all known cases

WWW.WORLDOMETERS.INFO

Live statistics and coronavirus news tracking the number of confirmed cases, recovered patients, and death toll by country due to the COVID 19 coronavirus from Wuhan, China. Coronavirus counter with new cases...

UK over-70s to be asked to self isolate for up to four months

Here is some from Matt Hancock’s announcement earlier. He said requesting all over 70-year-olds to self-isolate is a “very big ask”, but is a measure which is for their own “self-protection”.

In the coming weeks, over-70’s will be asked to self-isolate for up to four months, in order to protect them from the virus, he told Sky’s Sophy Ridge on Sunday.

https://www.theguardian.com

12 hours ago, Robwin said:

Schools not closed yet but will probably  be from next week. I am still not sure whether closing schools will help or not at least when the kids are at school they aren't roaming round the streets and many parents would probably not be able to leave work to care for them. It is a very difficult decision either way. One way or the other until a vaccine is available the whole situation is in the lap of the gods and relying on the public behaving responsible.

it is rather alarming how suddenly figures are shooting up especially in Europe, they seem to have gone mad all of a sudden.

The part of England i am in we are lucky so far only about 2 reported cases in our county but no doubt this will rise.

many experts say it's the first thing to do "close all the schools" because the kids are healthy carriers of this virus and when they play together they contaminate each other and they bring the virus at home after and the adults are contamined,

limit the contacts to the maximum kids or adults is the best thing to do with this virus for stop the contagion,

in my opinion Johnson wastes time , it's better to take the maximum of security right now than waiting the crisis becomes too big and have many contamined it's my point of view

the italy waited too much time to react and we can see the result now and the spain taking the same road and maybe the france soon,

Germany close their borders tomorrow with three countries (france ,switzerland and austria), Jabbath will be at the border tomorrow for kick my ass 😁

36 minutes ago, firewall said:

Germany close their borders tomorrow with three countries (france ,switzerland and austria), Jabbath will be at the border tomorrow for kick my ass 😁

Nah he'll be too busy on here 😁 Whatever any action is taken there will always be differences of opinion as to the right or wrongs, you can never win really. Some will say all borders should have been shut weeks ago. The numbers in Germany, France and Spain now are getting very big so it is worrying. Am surprised UK isn't that much worse seeing how crowded we are but I expect it will rise soon. Europe has a much bigger land mass but seems to make no difference. 

3 hours ago, letsdothis said:

UK over-70s to be asked to self isolate for up to four months

Here is some from Matt Hancock’s announcement earlier. He said requesting all over 70-year-olds to self-isolate is a “very big ask”, but is a measure which is for their own “self-protection”.

In the coming weeks, over-70’s will be asked to self-isolate for up to four months, in order to protect them from the virus, he told Sky’s Sophy Ridge on Sunday.

https://www.theguardian.com

Bojo and Cummins are just making it up as they go along. What nonsense is this?!

• Like 1