Get ready for Windows 12

1 hour ago, Robwin said:

Yeah that was the most commonly used term.

With Windows 10 I have never seen a BSOD.  If the machine gets too hot it just shuts down.   Back in the XP and Windows 7 days it was a common occurrence a couple times a week.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, StnCld316 said:

With Windows 10 I have never seen a BSOD.  If the machine gets too hot it just shuts down.   Back in the XP and Windows 7 days it was a common occurrence a couple times a week.

Yep i have had windows 10 ever since it came out and never had that BSOD. had the odd funny with some of the updates but nothing i wasn't able to solve.

As far as Windows 12 i doubt if, for the ordinary user, it won't offer anything really new apart from probably a redesiged interface that will get every bugger moaning again and some settings moved to where they used to be lol.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Robwin said:

Yep i have had windows 10 ever since it came out and never had that BSOD. had the odd funny with some of the updates but nothing i wasn't able to solve.

As far as Windows 12 i doubt if, for the ordinary user, it won't offer anything really new apart from probably a redesiged interface that will get every bugger moaning again and some settings moved to where they used to be lol.

When I notice my computer getting too much dust making the temps rise, I just go out to the balcony and use the leaf blower on it.  The dust disappears in seconds.  :biggrin:

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Let's look at the history, and be glad they skipped Windows 11. It has to do with the Microsoft OS curse.

I suspect that Microsoft saw that following after Win 10, it would be a dog. Just like Vista, Win 98, Me, and most of the DOS versions, too.

I usually hang onto the good, stable versions as long as I can. It has saved me lots of trouble.

I believe the video suggests that Windows 12 will be quick and easy to install. I'm cynical, and I'd like to see how it performs in other areas.

And really, isn't "Cortana" just a sexually transitioned version of "Bob" on steriods ? . . .*

*For the unaware, Bob is described here:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_Bob

• Haha 1

• 8 months later...

Last i heard Windows 11 won't run on many computers out there unless it's fairly new which i think is a bit of a rip off but reading recently they have revised it so it will be compatible with most.

Wait for all the fucking moans thought as it seems the task bar items and start are going to be in the fucking middle of the screen lol. No doubt all the bloody settings will be anywhere else where you would expect to find them lol.

12 minutes ago, Robwin said:

Last i heard Windows 11 won't run on many computers out there unless it's fairly new which i think is a bit of a rip off but reading recently they have revised it so it will be compatible with most.

Wait for all the fucking moans thought as it seems the task bar items and start are going to be in the fucking middle of the screen lol. No doubt all the bloody settings will be anywhere else where you would expect to find them lol.

There is an option to move the Taskbar to the left side. Right click the the mouse pointer on the taskbar will show an option for Taskbar Settings.

1673978533_GIF08-31-20218-23-28PM.gif.2a553f7ce5c9ce0994fdccc52ac94a74.gif

9 hours ago, StnCld316 said:

There is an option to move the Taskbar to the left side. Right click the the mouse pointer on the taskbar will show an option for Taskbar Settings.

1673978533_GIF08-31-20218-23-28PM.gif.2a553f7ce5c9ce0994fdccc52ac94a74.gif

No doubt some plank wil issue software that you can make windows 11 look like Windows 7 :biggrin:

Always makes me laugh how so many refuse to accept change in many walks of life they must all be related to dinosaurs i reckon :biggrin:

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Robwin said:

No doubt some plank wil issue software that you can make windows 11 look like Windows 7 :biggrin:

Always makes me laugh how so many refuse to accept change in many walks of life they must all be related to dinosaurs i reckon :biggrin:

I'm still here and not extinct yet!

Yes, I'm one that hates change. Like the old flip phones that you could feel the buttons that you needed to push and not have to look down and crash because you hit the wrong key driving over a pothole in the road and can't find the back button. 

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, TBG 150 said:

I'm still here and not extinct yet!

Yes, I'm one that hates change. Like the old flip phones that you could feel the buttons that you needed to push and not have to look down and crash because you hit the wrong key driving over a pothole in the road and can't find the back button. 

Using a flip phone while driving eh tut tut lol.

At least with a flip phone you never had to buy a boody case for the bloody thing to avoid scratches lol.

Found a load of my old phones lurking in a drawer yesterday, even had an old Nokia in there which literally fitted in the palm of the hand  Talk about being a bloody dinosaur eh lol

• Haha 1