Discussion:2019 Novel Corona Virus (Covid19) and It's Political Ramifications #3

2 minutes ago, moos54 said:

the only thing I understood when there was the peak of contagion in March, it was that you had to stay at home, whether to protect yourself or to protect others, that's what I did for two months by going out only twice to do food shopping
I also understood very well that there was not yet a miracle cure even if certain medicine can help to fight the virus, but there are also people who recover from the disease without any medicine, so it is complicated to really know if it’s the drugs that really help

For my part, I am not a big fan of self medication and when I get sick, I never really heal myself by going to the doctor or taking medication
If the authorities find a vaccine against the covid, I would surely go to get vaccinated, but more because it will allow me not to transmit the disease to other person, because that is what I find terrible in this whole story is the ease of transmission
just by talking, you can kill people, it becomes completely crazy and surreal

And it is yet to be determined that requiring the whole population to stay at home was the proper response. In the U.S. states that did not have a total shutdown have had a lower death rate from covid-19 than states that imposed total shutdowns. In five years lets see how the Swedish covid-19 death rate compares to the death rate of other nations.

11 minutes ago, Ridgerunner said:

But you only post results of studies that are anti hydroxychloroquine. Never yet seen you post anything from studies and doctors that reflect positively on the drug. How do you know there would not have been many more than 360,000 die if not for hydroxychloroquine treatments, and maybe even far less than 360,000 deaths if hydroxychloroquine had been more widely used? What I am really complaining about now is organizations like the WHO now won't even allow clinical studies of hydroxychloroquine? How the hell do you determine if it does or does not work if you are not even willing to allow clinical research studies of the drug?

Sorry to say that but for the moment I haven't seen a lot of other articles on this product or others for that matter
European countries have launched a large study on different treatments but the data is difficult to circulate between them

On the other hand I would like to know why you want to defend this medicine so much now? I understand that the United States with the impulse of Dr. Fauci had very good results with another treatment, why do you never talk about it?

I do not criticize your famous treatment, I criticize the idea that it is the miracle treatment by seeing only through it when we are far from having results guaranteed at 100%

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ridgerunner said:

And it is yet to be determined that requiring the whole population to stay at home was the proper response. In the U.S. states that did not have a total shutdown have had a lower death rate from covid-19 than states that imposed total shutdowns. In five years lets see how the Swedish covid-19 death rate compares to the death rate of other nations.

I know you like to compare with Sweden, but have you read their results in terms of mortality? me yes, and it's not very glorious
Can we also talk about Brazil, which wanted to do like Sweden, where are we in terms of death? too much
For some they are only figures but I think we quickly forget that behind these figures hides real people, who would probably not have died for the most part if they had not fallen ill from the covid

30 minutes ago, moos54 said:

Sorry to say that but for the moment I haven't seen a lot of other articles on this product or others for that matter
European countries have launched a large study on different treatments but the data is difficult to circulate between them

On the other hand I would like to know why you want to defend this medicine so much now? I understand that the United States with the impulse of Dr. Fauci had very good results with another treatment, why do you never talk about it?

I do not criticize your famous treatment, I criticize the idea that it is the miracle treatment by seeing only through it when we are far from having results guaranteed at 100%

I have seen numerous doctors and covid-19 patients in the U.S. who have reported much success from hydroxychloroquine. I think those claims need to be more seriously studied and researched rather than just being completely ignored by the medical establishment. I also believe the news media and establishment medical people would have been less negative towards hydroxychloroquine had President Trump not been a proponent of the drug.

33 minutes ago, moos54 said:

the only thing I understood when there was the peak of contagion in March, it was that you had to stay at home, whether to protect yourself or to protect others, that's what I did for two months by going out only twice to do food shopping
I also understood very well that there was not yet a miracle cure even if certain medicine can help to fight the virus, but there are also people who recover from the disease without any medicine, so it is complicated to really know if it’s the drugs that really help

For my part, I am not a big fan of self medication and when I get sick, I never really heal myself by going to the doctor or taking medication
If the authorities find a vaccine against the covid, I would surely go to get vaccinated, but more because it will allow me not to transmit the disease to other person, because that is what I find terrible in this whole story is the ease of transmission
just by talking, you can kill people, it becomes completely crazy and surreal

Moos--you still do not understand a lot of my posts.  My questions did not really need a serious answer because of 😏🤭meant I was kidding-making a funny--trying to get a laugh,--But thank you anyway 😂

Oh well--I will keep trying

1 minute ago, happyone said:

Moos--you still do not understand a lot of my posts.  My questions did not really need a serious answer because of 😏🤭meant I was kidding-making a funny--trying to get a laugh,--But thank you anyway 😂

Oh well--I will keep trying

no I understood your intentions but I wanted to make a real answer this time :biggrin:

3 minutes ago, moos54 said:

I know you like to compare with Sweden, but have you read their results in terms of mortality? me yes, and it's not very glorious
Can we also talk about Brazil, which wanted to do like Sweden, where are we in terms of death? too much
For some they are only figures but I think we quickly forget that behind these figures hides real people, who would probably not have died for the most part if they had not fallen ill from the covid

Did you even read what I said? Have five years passed yet? In the short term Sweden's strategy may look one way and totally different in the long term. You also need to consider economic consequences of the covid_19 decisions of governments. And you also seem to ignore the decisions of the Chinese government which caused the disease to spread around the world. Why did they stop the spread of the disease inside China but allowed it to be spread to the rest of the world by not restricting international travel to and from Wuhan?

3 minutes ago, Ridgerunner said:

Did you even read what I said? Have five years passed yet? In the short term Sweden's strategy may look one way and totally different in the long term. You also need to consider economic consequences of the covid_19 decisions of governments. And you also seem to ignore the decisions of the Chinese government which caused the disease to spread around the world. Why did they stop the spread of the disease inside China but allowed it to be spread to the rest of the world by not restricting international travel to and from Wuhan?

No need to wait 5 years, they have had a higher mortality in recent months than in the last 10 years, so this proves that the covid has done a lot of damage

In fact, you have to compare with previous years to realize the covid effect on mortality, I don't see the point of comparing with things that will happen later, if that happens the covid will only come back in 10 years

How do you stop an invisible enemy, because as you say, even by confining the population it did not stop the spread of the virus

So if I understand correctly, only China would be guilty? For my part, all countries are guilty of not having anticipated such a pandemic when there were infected tourists in all parts of the world in january or february 

I think it was you who told us that the virus in the United States came because of travelers coming from England, in this case why not criticize England for not having done the necessary before?

You can take all the precautions you want but we live in a world that is constantly moving, just see the air traffic

• Like 1

2 hours ago, moos54 said:

No need to wait 5 years, they have had a higher mortality in recent months than in the last 10 years, so this proves that the covid has done a lot of damage

In fact, you have to compare with previous years to realize the covid effect on mortality, I don't see the point of comparing with things that will happen later, if that happens the covid will only come back in 10 years

How do you stop an invisible enemy, because as you say, even by confining the population it did not stop the spread of the virus

So if I understand correctly, only China would be guilty? For my part, all countries are guilty of not having anticipated such a pandemic when there were infected tourists in all parts of the world in january or february 

I think it was you who told us that the virus in the United States came because of travelers coming from England, in this case why not criticize England for not having done the necessary before?

You can take all the precautions you want but we live in a world that is constantly moving, just see the air traffic

But in five years will covid-19 have done more damage in Sweden or in other nations?  With no vaccine the disease will likely be with us for years.  So you will need to total up the number of deaths over at least a 5 year period to determine what was the correct policy. Also, one half the deaths in Sweden were in nursing homes, so they made the same mistake with nursing homes that many other countries did. By giving more protection to nursing home residents they can greatly reduce their death rates.

2 hours ago, moos54 said:

But why did China not stop international travel from Wuhan when they stopped travel to and from Wuhan within China?  In December Taiwan warned the WHO that the virus could be spread from human to human, but the WHO ignored that warning because China was saying it could only be spread from animals to humans. 

I just read a Reuters story from May 19 with the headline "Sweden tops Europe covid-19 deaths per capita over last seven days".  But within the story is the following statement, "Over the course of the pandemic Sweden still has had fewer deaths per capita than the United Kingdom, Spain, Italy, Belgium and France..."