Discussion:2019 Novel Corona Virus (Covid19) and It's Political Ramifications #3

2 minutes ago, Ridgerunner said:

Wonder when CNN is going to complain about Minneapolis rioters not practicing proper social distancing while burning down stores?

As a side note to this, from what I saw in the video the policeman who killed the Black man should be arrested and tried for murder. But that crime does not justify rioting. How are Autozone and Target responsible for what that policeman did? 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ridgerunner said:

As a side note to this, from what I saw in the video the policeman who killed the Black man should be arrested and tried for murder. But that crime does not justify rioting. How are Autozone and Target responsible for what that policeman did? 

Yeah we in the Uk saw this being reported very heavily over here, rather disgusting and shameful don't you think. not the first time either it makes you wonder about the mentality of some of your police forces over there i must say. The poor bugger was screaming out for them to stop and wanted help but no, he just kept his knee in his throat until he was dead.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ridgerunner said:

All of that is just typical of inner city savages. Any excuse to rob and pillage the community.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Robwin said:

Yeah we in the Uk saw this being reported very heavily over here, rather disgusting and shameful don't you think. not the first time either it makes you wonder about the mentality of some of your police forces over there i must say. The poor bugger was screaming out for them to stop and wanted help but no, he just kept his knee in his throat until he was dead.

There are always a few bad apples that spoil the barrel---the problem is that the police force does not police itself and get rid of the bad cops--something about a stupid code that they stick together.  And the police union does not help either as

this guy had a long rap sheet of being reported--but yet he was allowed to remain and continue his abuses.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, TBG 150 said:

All of that is just typical of inner city savages. Any excuse to rob and pillage the community.

If closely investigated, they'll probably find out that many of the rioters were from out of town just like happened in Ferguson, Missouri. Some of those people are just professional anarchists and look to exploit situations like this. I'm especially distrustful of the motives of some of the White rioters.

18 hours ago, Ridgerunner said:

And Moos will totally ignore what you just posted just like he ignored the VA study being totally discredited. 

Ridge I just posted an article from a drug study, I didn't do anything more
You defend Trump well for saying that he never said that drinking bleach to fight covid was a good remedy, so why are you suing me
Do you already have a bias?

No study is perfect, there are often people to contradict because these same people already have strong convictions about the situation

I am not a doctor, scientist or researcher and I am not trying to be, however I can understand the figures even if they are not entirely accurate, the only thing I see in relation to this study is that this drug is far from being the miracle cure otherwise we would not have at present 360,000 deaths worldwide and if it were so miraculous, why not establish a vaccine with this molecule?
Good if it cures patients, but other drugs seem to be just as effective

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, moos54 said:

Aspirin too but it's not a good remedy for covid :biggrin:

Did you get COVID???  Did you try aspirin to see if it worked???  Where are the trials to disprove it does not work????   😏🤭

45 minutes ago, moos54 said:

Ridge I just posted an article from a drug study, I didn't do anything more
You defend Trump well for saying that he never said that drinking bleach to fight covid was a good remedy, so why are you suing me
Do you already have a bias?

No study is perfect, there are often people to contradict because these same people already have strong convictions about the situation

I am not a doctor, scientist or researcher and I am not trying to be, however I can understand the figures even if they are not entirely accurate, the only thing I see in relation to this study is that this drug is far from being the miracle cure otherwise we would not have at present 360,000 deaths worldwide and if it were so miraculous, why not establish a vaccine with this molecule?
Good if it cures patients, but other drugs seem to be just as effective

But you only post results of studies that are anti hydroxychloroquine. Never yet seen you post anything from studies and doctors that reflect positively on the drug. How do you know there would not have been many more than 360,000 die if not for hydroxychloroquine treatments, and maybe even far less than 360,000 deaths if hydroxychloroquine had been more widely used? What I am really complaining about now is organizations like the WHO now won't even allow clinical studies of hydroxychloroquine? How the hell do you determine if it does or does not work if you are not even willing to allow clinical research studies of the drug?

22 minutes ago, happyone said:

Did you get COVID???  Did you try aspirin to see if it worked???  Where are the trials to disprove it does not work????   😏🤭

the only thing I understood when there was the peak of contagion in March, it was that you had to stay at home, whether to protect yourself or to protect others, that's what I did for two months by going out only twice to do food shopping
I also understood very well that there was not yet a miracle cure even if certain medicine can help to fight the virus, but there are also people who recover from the disease without any medicine, so it is complicated to really know if it’s the drugs that really help

For my part, I am not a big fan of self medication and when I get sick, I never really heal myself by going to the doctor or taking medication
If the authorities find a vaccine against the covid, I would surely go to get vaccinated, but more because it will allow me not to transmit the disease to other person, because that is what I find terrible in this whole story is the ease of transmission
just by talking, you can kill people, it becomes completely crazy and surreal

• Like 2