Discussion:2019 Novel Corona Virus (Covid19) and It's Political Ramifications #3

2 hours ago, moos54 said:

For example, I find it dangerous to have a speech saying that this or that drug can save from covid when there is not yet a study on the subject that can scientifically prove these statements
It is dangerous because it gives people hope and it allows them to take more risk against this virus by thinking they are immune
Because in the end, if it is proven that these drugs have no effect against having and giving back the virus, then it will have the effect of having caused even more unnecessary deaths.

It may be silly to say and I do not wish it on anyone, nor do I want to hurt anyone, but I think that some people on the planet should perhaps have this virus to finally stop saying or doing bullshit

So does that mean you wish me to have the virus because I say more testing of hydroxychloroquine needs to be done. Does that mean you hope the doctors who have been successfully treating patients with hydroxychloroquine become infected with covid-19 and die?:confused:

20 minutes ago, Ridgerunner said:

So does that mean you wish me to have the virus because I say more testing of hydroxychloroquine needs to be done. Does that mean you hope the doctors who have been successfully treating patients with hydroxychloroquine become infected with covid-19 and die?:confused:

You give yourself too much importance and you distort my words
I'm not even talking about this particular drug but you seem to really like it for some reason
Right now, testing drugs for covid is a bit like playing Russian roulette
And above all, it is just time for everyone to know how to stay in their place, we are not a scientist or a doctor so I think we have to stop wanting to be

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, moos54 said:

You give yourself too much importance and you distort my words
I'm not even talking about this particular drug but you seem to really like it for some reason
Right now, testing drugs for covid is a bit like playing Russian roulette
And above all, it is just time for everyone to know how to stay in their place, we are not a scientist or a doctor so I think we have to stop wanting to be

I didn't distort your words. You said what you said. I just asked who it is that you want to become infected with Covid-19. When did I claim to be a scientist or doctor? I have reported claims of doctors who have been treating Covid-19 patients. Check out the work of Dr. Stephen Smith in New Jersey and the work of Dr.Ivette Lozano in Texas.

4 hours ago, Ridgerunner said:

My point is that you are happy that the study shows the drug does work. Why? You don't want a cure for covid-19? I will be happy when ANY drug works against covid-19.

How do you reckon he's happy!! He's just quoting research data, and believes, like everyone apart from your good self and Mr Dump, that this drug is the greatest thing since sliced bread...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, moos54 said:

how you come to the conclusion that i am happy that this study proves that this drug has no more effect than a haribo candy, especially that each time I simply copy and paste articles

If there were studies on other drugs, I would do exactly the same because the goal is simply to inform about advances in research on covid, which still allows in the long term to find a vaccine, which will save lives

I do not even give my opinion on the thing, but I simply allow to keep a critical spirit because I quickly understood that there was not yet a magic treatment and that it is dangerous to believe it

Apologies if I'm copying you here Moos...I'm just catching up on the forum, chronologically,  and am commenting before reading all your posts...I don't know how Ridge will follow on from here, I'll see in the next few minutes, but it not worth arguing with him when he's in this mood...which is 100% of the time 😏

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Ridgerunner said:

I just read the article on the Recovery Study. The study was done on hospitalized patients. The lead author of the study, Professor Martin Landray said, "the results do not necessarily mean the tablets cannot prevent people from catching Covid-19 in the first place, which several studies are still investigating."   The doctors I've seen in the U.S. who have had the most success with hydroxychloroquine treat patients in the early stages of the disease before they have been hospitalized.   Lets see what these other studies show.  

God loves a trier...😏

Better still...let's look for an altenative

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ridgerunner said:

Because you are happy about any news that reflects negatively on hydroxychloroquine. Just like the people who wrote the DAILY MAIL article are happy which is evidenced by the DAILY MAIL's headline, " Hydroxychloroquine does NOT treat Covid-19 : Biggest study into the Donald Trump-backed anti-malaria drug is ended with 'immediate effect' after researchers found it made no difference."  Why the need to include Trump's name in the headline?  Because they hate Trump and will publicize anything that reflects negatively on him. 

He does a fucking good job doing that on his own...😏

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, nagachilli2 said:

Apologies if I'm copying you here Moos...I'm just catching up on the forum, chronologically,  and am commenting before reading all your posts...I don't know how Ridge will follow on from here, I'll see in the next few minutes, but it not worth arguing with him when he's in this mood...which is 100% of the time 😏

Here's how I'll  follow from here?  Why would I want to waste my time commenting on your comments? :tongue: