Nina & Kira (2020) Part #4

5 hours ago, sturmchaser said:

Indeed, and also the lack of clothes dryers and the prevalence of the "drying racks" that nearly everyone has in their apts was what struck me the most odd at first.  In America we have a washer and a dryer.  Some here use drying racks for wool sweaters or shrink-prone clothing, and even I use the traditional outside clothes line from time to time for large linens like bed spreads and such, but for the most part, the clothes dryer is an essential component.  But in Euro it doesn't seem so - N&K dry everything - shirts, pants, socks, underwear - on those racks, unless they have a dryer somewhere I haven't seen.  Energy efficient of course, but tedious.  The only dryer I have ever seen was at Eva & Sam's apt back at RLC, they had one of those stackables, washer on top, dryer on the bottom, of course, in their cramped bathroom.  If I had to rely on drying racks to dry my heavy duty Carhartt work clothes, I'd  have to drive nekkid some days.  Nobody wants that.  

Energy is generally more expensive in most of Europe.  This is old data but I would expect the lower Russian incomes mire than offset the lower raw energy costs.  That could explain the scarcity of clothes dryers.

spacer.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Le5b0 said:

Well!  Everything falls into place now.  I think this was a planned visit by DE.  Kira new she was going away for a night, and Nina asked her permission to have DE over for the evening.  In my humble opinion THAT is why Kira has been so sad the last couple of days.  She was upset and concerned about this visit, which is why N&K have been so "off" with each other.  Also why they had the heart-to-heart discussion in the bathtub.

So why was she concerned, I hear nobody ask?

1.  Is it because she has little faith or trust in Nina to be able to keep her hands off DE?

2.  Is it because she has no faith or trust that DE is not going to keep her hands off NIna?

3.  Is it because she is going away and missing an opportunity to have some real fun for a change.  Bearing in mind she has not been getting a lot lately???

Well maybe we will never know.  The thing is they are all much older and wiser, they are much more mature and therefore should be more secure in their relationships by now.

As I was once told, everyone deserves a second chance.  So maybe this is it.

I for once am staying strictly neutral on this.  It has nothing to do with me.  it's their business not ours.

Nuff said!

Will said I agree Plus Nina Has got to much to loose if she was tempted by DE 

and no there will never be a another 3 some 

I hope Kira will be alright when she return from her trip which I think was to her parents in Moscow

Let’s hope it’s happy family’s again.

• Like 1

Kira arrived home at 07:25 I think, Nina had to get out of bed to let her in.

She had a quick change of clothes and dressed for work it seems.  Gone by 07:40.

All smiles and lightness between them, but little chance of conversation.  it will be nice to see them together when she gets back home.  🙂

• Like 2

1 hour ago, hs6127 said:

Energy is generally more expensive in most of Europe.  This is old data but I would expect the lower Russian incomes mire than offset the lower raw energy costs.  That could explain the scarcity of clothes dryers.

spacer.png

An update

Russia electricity prices

Russia electricity prices
Household, kWh Business, kWh
 Russian Rouble 4.430 5.880
 U.S. Dollar 0.059 0.079
Russia, September 2019: The price of electricity is 0.059 U.S. Dollar per kWh for households and 0.079 U.S. Dollar for businesses which includes all components of the electricity bill such as the cost of power, distribution and taxes. For comparison, the average price of electricity in the world for that period is 0.14 U.S. Dollar per kWh for households and 0.12 U.S. Dollar for businesses.

USA electricity prices

USA electricity prices
 U.S. Dollar 0.146 0.114
 U.S. Dollar 0.146

Denmark electricity prices

Denmark electricity prices
 Danish Krone 2.116 1.837
 U.S. Dollar 0.309 0.269

7 hours ago, hs6127 said:

Wow - the pizza was delivered at 20:06.  Opened box at 22:14.  First bite 22:26.  Nina finished first piece at 22:26.0000001.  LOL

looks like someone was hungry and was watching a box of pizza for 2 hrs 20 mins lol