Juke Box Split #7

Guest Slipper Guyquad

Sad day for reggae fans. The last of The Wailers has gone. First Bob Marley, then Peter Tosh and now Bunny Livingstone.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, HarleyFatboy said:

How can anyone say that the Rolling Stones stage performances got overlooked is beyond me.  They are people that have never seen them in concert.  I've seen 3 of their concerts in my life and they were all fantastic!!

I can say that because they are overlooked. Michael Jackson, Lady Gaga, even Madonna get way too much press.

Few music groups can be said to have changed the methods and structure of pop music, and this group included the Stones.

Christmas? Line up for the new Beatles album at the record store. New Years? Line up for the new Stones album at the record store.

We older folks remember such things. Now, where's that old 4-track tape player I stored in the garage? And did you see them on Ed Sullivan when they needed up make a little change to the lyrics? Hum....I did.

http://let's spend the night together rolling stones ed sullivan

Guest Slipper Guyquad
3 minutes ago, Foamy T. Squirrel said:

I can say that because they are overlooked. Michael Jackson, Lady Gaga, even Madonna get way too much press.

Few music groups can be said to have changed the methods and structure of pop music, and this group included the Stones.

Christmas? Line up for the new Beatles album at the record store. New Years? Line up for the new Stones album at the record store.

We older folks remember such things. Now, where's that old 4-track tape player I stored in the garage?

Can any modern day artists, including ones from the last 20 years, be in a position where an album they made FIFTY years ago, will go to number one again in the charts? Of course not, but that's what happened with Abbey Road, #1 in 1969 and #1 in 2019. In fact i will say since the 90's there has been only 1 band who genuinely changed things, including affecting people's lives and how those around them make music by immediate influence. Nirvana.