#BLACK_LIVES_MATTER #1

Guest hacıvat

2 minutes ago, AntEater said:

. . .

Also "I know and work with many black men and women." Hahahahahaha. No. Just no. It's 2020 man. 

Time to start listening more and talking on behalf of other people less.

WWW.NYTIMES.COM

It’s a myth that proximity to blackness immunizes white people from doing racist things.

You are wrong. Mine are family. I would kill to protect them. We do not do race; we are humans and respect and deal with one another as such. They would also consider you to be an asshole if you accused me of a white racist. The cop involved was a psychopath, and so was the 14-year-old who killed the woman in the park. To politicize psychopathic behavior and think it is systemic racism, therefore justifying a destruction of law and order, is to work in service of those who seek the destruction of your very own liberties.

• Like 1

Just to keep from being fired from my job and having my attic trashed, I will acquiesce with political correctness by not saying that ALL lives matter. They don't. Only certain lives matter. Only black lives killed by police matter. Everyone else who gets murdered by a jackass is just chopped liver. That sadly includes the huge number of black males that are killed in our inner cities by other blacks: the quantities of such murders are huge. Black Lives Matter doesn't care about them, either.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Foamy T. Squirrel said:

You are wrong. Mine are family. I would kill to protect them. We do not do race; we are humans and respect and deal with one another as such. They would also consider you to be an asshole if you accused me of a white racist. The cop involved was a psychopath, and so was the 14-year-old who killed the woman in the park. To politicize psychopathic behavior and think it is systemic racism, therefore justifying a destruction of law and order, is to work in service of those who seek the destruction of your very own liberties.

There is also a possibility that the killing of George Floyd was personal and not racist. Chauvin and Floyd knew each other, they both worked at as security guards at the same night club. Why not wait for all the facts to come out before we jump to conclusions?

1 minute ago, Ridgerunner said:

There is also a possibility that the killing of George Floyd was personal and not racist. Chauvin and Floyd knew each other, they both worked at as security guards at the same night club. Why not wait for all the facts to come out before we jump to conclusions?

Because if you can get people to jump to conclusions, you are holding political gold in your hands.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Foamy T. Squirrel said:

Since you didn't mention "I know and work with many black men and women" I don't see why you think my reply to TBG is applicable to you. You have a completely different relationship to them than TBG and you did not use them as a means to justify why you are qualified to speak on behalf of "non-savage" black people. Even if you had, it would have been an equally laughable facepalm moment. Why? Read the NYT article. 

The fact that you think this is just one or two psychopathic behaviors by a couple of psychopaths tells me that you need to have a long hard talk with those black members of your family and their black history. Here just one or two more that died at the hands of "psychopaths". 

EZcYgnzXgAMJlwn?format=jpg&name=large

"...therefore justifying a destruction of law and order, is to work in service of those who seek the destruction of your very own liberties." Wake up! People are fighting for the justice and liberties they DONT have. You think they have it because you have it. They don't. That's what this is all about.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Foamy T. Squirrel said:

Just to keep from being fired from my job and having my attic trashed, I will acquiesce with political correctness by not saying that ALL lives matter. They don't. Only certain lives matter. Only black lives killed by police matter. Everyone else who gets murdered by a jackass is just chopped liver. That sadly includes the huge number of black males that are killed in our inner cities by other blacks: the quantities of such murders are huge. Black Lives Matter doesn't care about them, either.

No you're missing the point. The point is all lives matter so don't forget black lives matter TOO. Society is making black people feel like they don't matter just as much as everybody else. You can refuse to justify their feelings as much as you want but they're letting you know that they won't take it sitting down no more. They feel how they feel and they're trying to make a change for the better. Instead of acknowledging that and listening to find out what you can do to help, you want to cry that you're not getting the same attention as well? Like a jealous sibling?

Also why do you assume that these same advocates that are fighting for BLM don't also spend their time fighting for less black on black crime? They can do both you know. Or maybe because they're not out rioting and looting you can't hear their voices? Guess BLM should go tear up Chicago so you can hear them properly.

• Like 1

1. Black Lives Matter protests:

sub-buzz-394-1591203436-3.jpg?downsize=7

2. Reopen protests:

sub-buzz-363-1591203221-8.jpg?downsize=7

3. Black Lives Matter protests:

sub-buzz-385-1591203367-1.jpg?downsize=7

4. Reopen protests:

sub-buzz-390-1591203344-1.jpg

5. Black Lives Matter protests:

sub-buzz-388-1591203433-9.jpg

6. Reopen protests:

sub-buzz-577-1591208873-4.jpg

7. Black Lives Matter protests:

sub-buzz-1104-1591222257-11.jpg

8. Reopen protests:

sub-buzz-346-1591203347-10.jpg

9. Black Lives Matter protests:

sub-buzz-371-1591203217-7.jpg

10. Reopen protests:

sub-buzz-376-1591203351-3.jpg

11. Black Lives Matter protests:

sub-buzz-355-1591203206-9.jpg

12. Reopen protests:

sub-buzz-562-1591209260-4.png

13. Black Lives Matter protests:

sub-buzz-411-1591204683-3.jpg

14. Reopen protests:

sub-buzz-382-1591203349-1.jpg

15. Black Lives Matter protests:

sub-buzz-396-1591203430-3.jpg

16. Reopen protests:

sub-buzz-367-1591203214-6.jpg

17. Black Lives Matter protests:

sub-buzz-421-1591204440-2.png

18. Reopen protests:

sub-buzz-393-1591203338-2.jpg

19. Black Lives Matter protests:

sub-buzz-404-1591204529-20.png

20. Reopen protests:

sub-buzz-378-1591203238-4.jpg

21. Black Lives Matter protests:

l

22. Reopen protests:

sub-buzz-382-1591203213-2.jpg

23. Black Lives Matter protests:

sub-buzz-533-1591207495-8.jpg

24. Reopen protests:

sub-buzz-522-1591206975-1.jpg

25. Black Lives Matter protests:

sub-buzz-415-1591204568-30.png

26. Reopen protests:

sub-buzz-399-1591203350-1.jpg

27. Black Lives Matter protests:

sub-buzz-399-1591203432-3.jpg

28. Reopen protests:

sub-buzz-357-1591203348-7.jpg

29. Black Lives Matter protests:

sub-buzz-399-1591203360-1.jpg

30. Reopen protests:

sub-buzz-357-1591203201-4.jpg

31. Black Lives Matter protests:

sub-buzz-503-1591206853-8.jpg

32. Reopen protests:

sub-buzz-511-1591206855-7.jpg

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, AntEater said:

Do people really truly believe that this discussion thread would have been started and this conversation would have been had had people peacefully protested and not created chaos and disruption? Do people really think this conversation would be happening all around the world by people of all races had there been no chaos to force them to pay attention? 

"We know through painful experience that freedom is never voluntarily given by the oppressor; it must be demanded by the oppressed." - MLK

This is what demanding looks like and has always looked like throughout history.

Sounds to me that you are condoning the rioting , looting , and violence which has nothing to do with the message that the protesters are trying to convey.  They themselves do not condone the rioting, looting and violence as it detracts from their message. Martin Luther KIng advocated peaceful protests and did not condone the criminal activities either.  The rioters and looting criminals are taking advantage of the situation.. If you watch, they are from all races and some have come from out of state or from other locations apart from where the protests are being held.  It is my contention, the most of the white rioters are from domestic terrorist organizations, such as Antifa.  

As far as whether this thread would have been started if the criminal activity had not occurred and there was only peaceful protests, we will have to get that answer from hacıvat-who started this thread. 

• Like 1

Guest hacıvat
11 minutes ago, happyone said:

Sounds to me that you are condoning the rioting , looting , and violence which has nothing to do with the message that the protesters are trying to convey.  They themselves do not condone the rioting, looting and violence as it detracts from their message. Martin Luther KIng advocated peaceful protests and did not condone the criminal activities either.  The rioters and looting criminals are taking advantage of the situation.. If you watch, they are from all races and some have come from out of state or from other locations apart from where the protests are being held.  It is my contention, the most of the white rioters are from domestic terrorist organizations, such as Antifa.  

As far as whether this thread would have been started if the criminal activity had not occurred and there was only peaceful protests, we will have to get that answer from hacıvat-who started this thread. 

https://twitter.com/hashtag/BlackLivesMatter?src=hashtag_click

https://twitter.com/hashtag/icantbreathe?src=hashtag_click

https://twitter.com/hashtag/GeorgeFloyd?src=hashtag_click

https://twitter.com/hashtag/JusticeForGeorgeFloyd?src=hashtag_click

I didn't start anything bad. I think the question to be asked is why the people here at camcaps  remained silent when the whole world was discussing this issue.