#BLACK_LIVES_MATTER #1

Guest hacıvat

12 minutes ago, hacıvat said:

https://twitter.com/hashtag/BlackLivesMatter?src=hashtag_click

https://twitter.com/hashtag/icantbreathe?src=hashtag_click

https://twitter.com/hashtag/GeorgeFloyd?src=hashtag_click

https://twitter.com/hashtag/JusticeForGeorgeFloyd?src=hashtag_click

I didn't start anything bad. I think the question to be asked is why the people here at camcaps  remained silent when the whole world was discussing this issue. 

No one said you started anything bad.  The question that was asked is would you have started this thread if there were no rioting, looting, or violence happening during the protests???

If the answer is yes, then you wanted to concentrate on the message of "Black Lives Matter".

If the answer is no, then you started the thread because there was rioting, looting, and violence along with the protests as AntEater suggested. 

2 hours ago, happyone said:

Sounds to me that you are condoning the rioting , looting , and violence which has nothing to do with the message that the protesters are trying to convey.  They themselves do not condone the rioting, looting and violence as it detracts from their message. Martin Luther KIng advocated peaceful protests and did not condone the criminal activities either.  The rioters and looting criminals are taking advantage of the situation.. If you watch, they are from all races and some have come from out of state or from other locations apart from where the protests are being held.  It is my contention, the most of the white rioters are from domestic terrorist organizations, such as Antifa.  

As far as whether this thread would have been started if the criminal activity had not occurred and there was only peaceful protests, we will have to get that answer from hacıvat-who started this thread. 

You have no idea how the BLM protesters feel about the rioting and looting as a whole unless you’ve intereviewd or polled them all and forgot to share your results with the world. But you’re happy and confident to speak on their collective behalf? Wow. 

As for it having nothing to do with the protesters message, again you are coming to a conclusion on something without sufficient information. 

As a hard scientist I’m sure you wouldn’t come to conclusions this quickly and state your theory as fact without conducting a proper study. So why do so for matters of social sciences? 

As for all this looting etc. being organized by nefarious organizations to push forward their own self interest, I actually completely agree with that. From the very start I could tell that all of this was way too organized to just be innocent protesting by the way it kept on picking up momentum and spreading like wildfire. Also by the way non-black were outnumbering the black people at the protests. It just didn’t feel natural. It was a very organized professional approach. But it has helped spread the message all around the world so I’m not complaining. After all bad publicity is still better than no publicity at all. Would I prefer for change to come through peaceful protest? Of course! But all the peaceful protesting has fallen on deaf ears while this is being heard loud and clear. People have been left no choice if they want to see real change. The charges that the officers are facing only got real serious once it was time to enforce curfews. How disgusting that that is what it took for the authorities to give a damn. So don’t tell me it’s pointless and not on brand when the results speak for themselves. 

The question I keep asking myself is why does this never happen in the UK, France, or other similar places?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, AntEater said:

You have no idea how the BLM protesters feel about the rioting and looting as a whole unless you’ve intereviewd or polled them all and forgot to share your results with the world. But you’re happy and confident to speak on their collective behalf? Wow. 

As for it having nothing to do with the protesters message, again you are coming to a conclusion on something without sufficient information. 

As a hard scientist I’m sure you wouldn’t come to conclusions this quickly and state your theory as fact without conducting a proper study. So why do so for matters of social sciences? 

As for all this looting etc. being organized by nefarious organizations to push forward their own self interest, I actually completely agree with that. From the very start I could tell that all of this was way too organized to just be innocent protesting by the way it kept on picking up momentum and spreading like wildfire. Also by the way non-black were outnumbering the black people at the protests. It just didn’t feel natural. It was a very organized professional approach. But it has helped spread the message all around the world so I’m not complaining. After all bad publicity is still better than no publicity at all. Would I prefer for change to come through peaceful protest? Of course! But all the peaceful protesting has fallen on deaf ears while this is being heard loud and clear. People have been left no choice if they want to see real change. The charges that the officers are facing only got real serious once it was time to enforce curfews. How disgusting that that is what it took for the authorities to give a damn. So don’t tell me it’s pointless and not on brand when the results speak for themselves. 

The question I keep asking myself is why does this never happen in the UK, France, or other similar places?

And the authorities in Minneapolis who didn't give a damn are all liberal progressive Democrats who claim to be so concerned about the welfare of Black people.  

16 minutes ago, Ridgerunner said:

And the authorities in Minneapolis who didn't give a damn are all liberal progressive Democrats who claim to be so concerned about the welfare of Black people.  

Ok.

4 hours ago, happyone said:

Sounds to me that you are condoning the rioting , looting , and violence which has nothing to do with the message that the protesters are trying to convey.  They themselves do not condone the rioting, looting and violence as it detracts from their message. Martin Luther KIng advocated peaceful protests and did not condone the criminal activities either.  The rioters and looting criminals are taking advantage of the situation.. If you watch, they are from all races and some have come from out of state or from other locations apart from where the protests are being held.  It is my contention, the most of the white rioters are from domestic terrorist organizations, such as Antifa.  

As far as whether this thread would have been started if the criminal activity had not occurred and there was only peaceful protests, we will have to get that answer from hacıvat-who started this thread. 

I've often thought that many of these lowlife are opportunist rioters and looters...feeding on any opportunity to reign terror on anywhere events like this arise. Imo you'll get hard core yobs, but then you get others jumping on the bandwagon...some might not even understand what they're really rioting about...It's sad that a minority drag the many decent folk down who are trying to make a statement and protest in a calm and peaceful manner...☹️

• Like 3

There is to be a million person protest march in Washington, D.C. this weekend. President Trump wants the National Guard there to provide security, but the Democrat mayor of the city has ordered the National Guard and other Federal troops to leave the city. So if there is uncontrolled, looting, burning, destruction, and violence in Washington D.C. this weekend the mayor has no one to blame but herself. :sad:

4 hours ago, AntEater said:

Good God Man (as Biden would say)---here is some of the proof you want---

WWW.13NEWSNOW.COM

"Let’s honor [George Floyd's] family. Nobody is hurting as much as them and let’s do this for the lives that have been lost and not ourselves."
WWW.PALOALTOONLINE.COM

As of recently, every single one of the 50 states has participated in some ...

It is important to note that those who participate in looting during the night rarely overlap with those who march peacefully as protestors during the day. Reporters on scene have made this clear. Looting cannot be tolerated; it is simply bad people riding on this wave of protests who seek to steal, damage, and wreck property with an excuse.

WWW.ABC.NET.AU

Looting and violence has erupted in the United States in the wake of the custody death of African-American man George Floyd. But the form it is taking in some states is different to disturbances seen in the past. Here's...

Some people have begun to speak out in recent days to ask for an end to the looting and violence.

Among them is Terrence Floyd, who told a gathering of those paying their respects to his brother that he wanted people to get educated and vote rather than resort to violence and destruction.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, happyone said:

WWW.13NEWSNOW.COM

"Let’s honor [George Floyd's] family. Nobody is hurting as much as them and let’s do this for the lives that have been lost and not ourselves."
WWW.PALOALTOONLINE.COM

It is important to note that those who participate in looting during the night rarely overlap with those who march peacefully as protestors during the day. Reporters on scene have made this clear. Looting cannot be tolerated; it is simply bad people riding on this wave of protests who seek to steal, damage, and wreck property with an excuse.

WWW.ABC.NET.AU

Looting and violence has erupted in the United States in the wake of the custody death of African-American man George Floyd. But the form it is taking in some states is different to disturbances seen in the past. Here's...

Some people have begun to speak out in recent days to ask for an end to the looting and violence.

Among them is Terrence Floyd, who told a gathering of those paying their respects to his brother that he wanted people to get educated and vote rather than resort to violence and destruction.

They have voted numerous times in Minneapolis. That's why liberal progressive Democrats control every political office in the city. How has that worked out?

7 minutes ago, Ridgerunner said:

They have voted numerous times in Minneapolis. That's why liberal progressive Democrats control every political office in the city. How has that worked out?

Terrance Floyd did not say vote for the same idiots that are in power now--I think he was advocating a change--get educated and quit voting for the same Democrats who by the very nature of

their Social Programs are holding back the black people---give free handouts, keeping them in poverty, and not paying attention to their struggles.  The Democrats have fooled the black community for far too long

and Terrance wants them to get smart--and vote smarter--elect those who really can help make a difference and provide them with decent jobs and social mobility--Trump helped to accomplish that--just like what was happening in the US economy before COVID.  

9 minutes ago, happyone said:

Terrance Floyd did not say vote for the same idiots that are in power now--I think he was advocating a change--get educated and quit voting for the same Democrats who by the very nature of

their Social Programs are holding back the black people---give free handouts, keeping them in poverty, and not paying attention to their struggles.  The Democrats have fooled the black community for far too long

and Terrance wants them to get smart--and vote smarter--elect those who really can help make a difference and provide them with decent jobs and social mobility--Trump helped to accomplish that--just like what was happening in the US economy before COVID.  

Makes sense to me, but I bet they vote for the same people. They've done it for 50+ years in all the major American cities. :confused:

1 hour ago, happyone said:

WWW.13NEWSNOW.COM

WWW.PALOALTOONLINE.COM

WWW.ABC.NET.AU

Anecdotal evidence gathered from some random articles by ABC, Palao Alto Online, 123newsnow and a couple people speaking out is what you use to support your conclusions for speaking on behalf of other people? Unbelievable. I too can find articles from random source stating the very opposite, but what would be the point? To prove that we can both navigate a search engine? Random media articles are not statistics and they are not fact.

"It is important to note that those who participate in looting during the night rarely overlap with those who march peacefully as protestors during the day. Reporters on scene have made this clear."  ----- How do you know this? And you know it very clearly too? How do you expect the reporters to have gathered this information exactly? Are they out there taking names and checking IDs to see who's protesting when? Did they make people take off their masks one by one so they could get a clear account of the night protesters and the day protesters? Do you have any statistics for this or just word of mouth? I'm not surprised you decided to take their word for it though.

The French are known to throw a good hissy fit and peaceful protesting is not their thing. Yet when the French riot they are applauded. Their pain and actions are received with compassion and understanding. People respect them for having the balls to speak up. BLM protesters on the other hand are savages. Don't believe me? Go pull up articles on both and compare and contrast the top 20 comments, you'll find completely different sentiments to the same actions, the only difference is the people involved.