Discussion:2019 Novel Corona Virus (Covid19) and It's Political Ramifications #4

12 hours ago, Thestarider said:

I don’t know who wrote this but somebody FINALLY put into words what I’ve been thinking and I couldn't agree more!

I’m sick of Covid-19.
I’m sick of black vs. white.
I’m sick of Democrats vs. Republicans.
I’m sick of gay vs. straight.
I’m REALLY REALLY sick of the media.
I’m sick of the language being used and plastered all over the media and Facebook.
I’m sick of no one being allowed to think what they want & feel how they do without offending someone.
I am sick of blaming the world for the sins of a few.
We’re one race - the human race.
You want to support President Trump? You do it! It’s your choice.
You want to support Biden? Fine... also your choice!
You want to believe in God? Okay, believe in God.
You want to believe in magical creatures that fly around & sprinkle fairy dust to make life better? Awesome... you do it!!

BUT how about being mature enough to deal with the fact that everyone doesn’t have the same exact mindset you do. Having our own thoughts & opinions is what makes us all individuals and beautiful. If you can’t handle that fact, I’m sorry!! I don’t have to agree with everything you believe in and you don't have to agree with me either.
So let's just all be decent human beings without being hateful. 🤗

Sums this whole sick,self obsessed world up very well pal. couldn't put it better myself.👍

• Upvote 1

Over 23% of all the covid-19 deaths in the U.S. were in the state of New York, but the news media still portrays Gov. Andrew Coumo as a hero and example of extreme competence in the fight against the virus. How is that, maybe because he is a good little liberal progressive Democrat?:huh::confused:.

34 minutes ago, Ridgerunner said:

Over 23% of all the covid-19 deaths in the U.S. were in the state of New York, but the news media still portrays Gov. Andrew Coumo as a hero and example of extreme competence in the fight against the virus. How is that, maybe because he is a good little liberal progressive Democrat?:huh::confused:.

Again, you are wrong.

2 hours ago, Alladino said:

Again, you are wrong.

And yet again you do not have your facts-as far as COVID numbers are concerned

Here are the facts and yes, Ridgerunner is right "Over 23% of all the covid-19 deaths in the U.S. were in the state of New York, "

here is the math  32,446/140,888=23.03%

However this is one of the few times that one liberal media source CNN has challenged Cuomo on his Covid victory dances. 

Coronavirus (COVID-19) statistics

New York cases
Updated Jul 17 at 3:47 PM local

Confirmed 405,551
+1,545

Deaths 32,446
+7,443

United States cases

Confirmed 3,677,453
+143,548

I wonder if the Democrats and the news media can keep the Covid-19 hysteria going through the 2020 election, since that seems to be their primary political strategy in attacking President Trump.  But notice that the Democrats never say anything about China being responsible for inflicting this disease on the U.S. and the rest of the world. 

1 hour ago, Ridgerunner said:

I wonder if the Democrats and the news media can keep the Covid-19 hysteria going through the 2020 election, since that seems to be their primary political strategy in attacking President Trump.  But notice that the Democrats never say anything about China being responsible for inflicting this disease on the U.S. and the rest of the world. 

China's not responsible for the utter disaster your psychopath in chief
has made of this country. China's not responsible for the multitude of
lies he told the American people every time he opened his mouth about
everything being, "...in great shape," "...it's completely under control," etc.
China's not responsible for him sitting on his hands for six weeks until
the stock market tanked a 1000 points in one day before he did anything
to protect the citizens of this country from this pandemic. China's not
responsible for the tens of thousands of lives that could have been saved
if he had actually done what he claimed and got this virus under control
when he first found out about it back in Jan.

China's not responsible for any of that and much more, but as your
psychopath in chief always says, "I don't take responsibility, at all."

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, letsdothis said:

when he first found out about back in Jan.

Blah, blah,blah ,blah.  Andrew Cuomo and the Democrat governors in charge in other states are the ones most responsible for covid-19 deaths in the U.S.  The 7 states with the most deaths from covid-19 are all run by Democrat governors. The numbers don't lie like you do.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, letsdothis said:

when he first found out about back in Jan.

It is always amusing that the left and those that support the left do not themselves take responsibility but blame President Trump for everything. The Feds may suggest protocols and make recommendations but It is the State's responsibility under the framework of the Constitution, to implement procedures necessary for the pandemic and other matters as I have pointed out in previous posts, which you seem to have missed.  However, some Governors and Mayors have gone overboard in their mandates IMO.  But ultimately, it is the responsibility of the citizens to use common sense and follow guidelines such as wearing masks, social distancing, and sanitizing surfaces and washing hands.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, happyone said:

But ultimately, it is the responsibility of the citizens to use common sense and follow guidelines such as wearing masks, social distancing, and sanitizing surfaces and washing hands.  

That sums it up well, no one has anybody to blame but themselves. Buck passing just don't cut the mustard.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ridgerunner said:

Blah, blah,blah ,blah.  Andrew Cuomo and the Democrat governors in charge in other states are the ones most responsible for covid-19 deaths in the U.S.  The 7 states with the most deaths from covid-19 are all run by Democrat governors. The numbers don't lie like you do.

The complete inaction of your psychopath in chief is the sole reason
for the high and unnecessary number of deaths in this country. His
failure to do anything when he should have, when he said he was, is
what started it all and his continued, ineffectual decisions are what
has caused the tens of thousands of unnecessary deaths. He alone
is responsible, no matter what or who you and he continue to blame.

BTW, at least the state's governors did something, which is a hell of
a lot more than I can say about your psychopath in chief, who refused
to.

GOP Governors Losing Residents' Support on COVID-19

There have been clear declines in residents' ratings of their governor in Republican-led states as a whole. This includes an 11-point decrease, from 54% in early June to 43% most recently, in those agreeing their governor is communicating a clear plan of action for addressing the pandemic. There has also been an eight-point decline, from 61% to 53%, in those agreeing their governor cares about the safety and health of the community.

Meanwhile, there has been no meaningful change in the governor ratings of residents in Democratic-led states as a whole.

The decline in support for the way Republican governors are handling the coronavirus coincides with reports showing that the recent spike in new COVID-19 cases is mainly occurring among "red" states -- defined as those that backed Donald Trump in the 2016 election. Cases are declining, overall, in "blue" states (those that backed Hillary Clinton).

Republican governors are disproportionately the ones struggling right now to contain the virus.

Two patterns emerge from these changes:

• While Republicans and Democrats living in states led by their own party were equally satisfied with their governor at the start of June, a month later, Democrats were significantly more positive about Democratic governor's leadership on the coronavirus situation than Republicans were with Republican governors.
  • Additionally, whereas at the start of June, political independents in Republican states initially gave their governor higher ratings than those in Democratic states, the reverse was true four weeks later.

Bottom Line

Republican governors, as a whole, are rated less well today by residents of Republican-led states than they were at the start of June. This coincides with a sharp increase in COVID-19 infections across the country, but particularly in red states, including most of the nation's Sun Belt.

• Like 1