Mira & Henry (2020) Part #3

jabbath1987

9 hours ago, Dave 27 said:

It's a well worn and often repeated subject but watching paint drying can be invigorating to some and if that's their thing then who are we to preach.Part of the problem in the CC forum is that it is not all about VH and there is plenty other threads to use however it's up to the individual what they want to do.Since you started you contribute something different,Joey's videos(miles better than some VH content),Harley's quizzes,Let's and his expert analysis's see's😀(what's the f****** pleural for analysis)Rob and his??well fuck knows what he contributes👍and last but not least ME,with my all round knowledge on everything and anything.It's a strain being a know-all smartass.😀😀😀👍

Something surely doesn't make sense with these 2 statements,oh wait a minute it was Dave that posted never mind, moving on.😁😁😁

tumblr_muul1iii8s1s02vreo1_250.gif

• Haha 4

13 hours ago, Robwin said:

Silly thing to do most people breathe oxygen :biggrin:

I read something not too long ago. I don't know if it was on the forum
or somewhere else on the net. It said: What if it's really the oxygen
that's killing us very slowly and we just haven't figured it out, yet.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Robwin said:

Silly thing to do most people breathe oxygen :biggrin:

I worked around asbestos and being around chemicals for 20 years and breathed in a lot of that asbestos & chemical shit from 1975 - 1995. Back in those days they never supplied you with nothing to cover your face from breathing it in.  25 Yeas later I am still alive and kicking.  8 Others have done my job after I left and 5 of them are dead and gone.

6 hours ago, letsdothis said:

Oh, Dave, I'm sorry, man. That doesn't sound very good, at all. I hope
Wthere's a way to treat it.

Good morning Let's,I'm actually one of the lucky ones as the nodules I have are growing so slowly that the effect they have on my breathing is comfortably controlled with a couple of inhalers.The irony is that it was only spotted when I was hospitalised in Florida with pneumonia in 2009 so good on the Yankee docs👍.So I'm ok but on my medical history it says I have asbestosis.As I said I'm lucky and i know of at least one of my ex workmates who worked in similar conditions and he developed pneumoconioses and died.It hasn't affected my gob or brain yet(although I know a couple of wannabe smartasses on here who would disagree😀)so your stuck with me I'm afraid👍

Edited by Dave 27
Mistype
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, StnCld316 said:

I worked around asbestos and being around chemicals for 20 years and breathed in a lot of that asbestos & chemical shit from 1975 - 1995. Back in those days they never supplied you with nothing to cover your face from breathing it in.  25 Yeas later I am still alive and kicking.  8 Others have done my job after I left and 5 of them are dead and gone.

Glad to hear the"shit" didn't get you Stone.Because I actually contracted asbestosis I was able to claim compensation and got a few grand out of it.The lawyers who handled my claim told me that the company that I did most of my asbestos related work with didn't have the necessary insurance so no claim could be made which substantially reduced my payout.

P.S.I would just like to add that I would much rather NOT have the condition or the money but it is what it is.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Dave 27 said:

Glad to hear the"shit" didn't get you Stone.Because I actually contracted asbestosis I was able to claim compensation and got a few grand out of it.The lawyers who handled my claim told me that the company that I did most of my asbestos related work with didn't have the necessary insurance so no claim could be made which substantially reduced my payout.

P.S.I would just like to add that I would much rather NOT have the condition or the money but it is what it is.

I was quite lucky to not have suffered any effects from it. Over the years and other jobs took its toll on my back and knees from standing on cement surfaces. After that I have been on a disability pension since 2007 got some health issues but they are not life threatening for the time being.  I have paid my dues now it's time to sit back and relax.

15 minutes ago, StnCld316 said:

I was quite lucky to not have suffered any effects from it. Over the years and other jobs took its toll on my back and knees from standing on cement surfaces. After that I have been on a disability pension since 2007 got some health issues but they are not life threatening for the time being.  I have paid my dues now it's time to sit back and relax.

That's a bummer Stone,at least I don't suffer any pain.The one consolation of being retired is that we CAN sit back and relax but I must admit I wouldn't mind going back for another kick of the ball so to speak.When I think about it your not really sitting back and relaxing are you,you're having to deal with all of our moans and groans day in day out.I'vd said it before but you've got the patience of a saint👍

• Like 2