Nina & Kira (2020) Part #8

2 hours ago, sturmchaser said:

I looked at the timeline, and indeed, Nina was quite upset at whatever it was about, but Kira was clearly mildly amused and not at all concerned.  Yet she stayed by Nina's side comforting her (of course).  But I assume the issue was trivial, except for Nina.  We know how Nina's emotions are easily triggered - she cries at the end of sad movies, for example.  We'll never know, of course, but it apparently wasn't anything major.  

Maybe DE moved to Vladivostok.

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, ed2 said:

Maybe DE moved to Vladivostok.

Actually, I was going to mention something to that effect, but I know how even the mention of Doe gets everyone here in a tizzy, and I don't want to start that.  But your speculation makes sense - Nina and Doe were carefully repairing their fractured relationship (without Kira), and it looked promising, and then Doe decides to move far away.  That would explain Nina's breakdown and Kira's bemused and unconcerned response.  

However, I can assure you, Doe is not leaving SPB anytime soon.  Trust me on that.  😉 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Sturm:  A very good "two pennerth" it is too.  A slightly different perspective.  Which is what good discussion is all about, especially between different people from different cultures, different Countries, different languages, and with thousands of miles between them.  Isn't modern technology wonderful?

Whatever the final outcome of this pandemic is.  The world will no longer be the same.  Whether that is going to be for better or worse, we will have to leave that to the history books to work out.  One thing is certain though, there will have been more losers than winners when the dust finally settles. That is the very nature of a worldwide crisis.

As for the girls growing up?  Totally correct!  They are oh so different from the sweet young things we first saw.  Older, much wiser and less naive than the early days.  Kira knows only too well how much of a Drama Queen Nina can be nowadays, and takes it more in her stride.  Despite what some think, Kira is not manipulated by Nina as much as they suspect.  It is more from Love and devotion to her missus that she continues to bear the brunt of the housework and cooking.  Besides she knows she is better at it than Nina, and it's better to just get it done, rather than make a song and dance of it.  That she leaves (literally) to Nina.  😁

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1