Nina & Kira (2020) Part #8

10 hours ago, Robwin said:

Perhaps they shouldn't read it then if they are that sensitive. They always say you shouldn't listen in to others conversations for exactly that reason. Just a thought.

I don't think it's a matter of them being sensitive. Some users have said they don't give a rip what we think. I think it's more a matter of us being courteous, thoughtful and considerate. JMHO.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Chipper said:

'ach yapbe'law' ghu'vam, 'ach yablaHbe'chugh.  mo' tlhIngan SuvwI' muHlu'DI', chonnaQ 'oH.  ngoDvam vIghajbogh vIvuvHa'moHta' 'e' vIchID.  vIpIHchugh, vaj qaSpa' Hoch jI'oy'moH.

Sorry, but Google doesn't understand, neither me. Can you speak with normal language, Swahili or Maltese, something easy?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, jouandomy said:

one of my ancestors was British, he even escaped from the Tower of London after having fought in Culloden alongside Bonnie Prince Charlie and before taking refuge in France.

Have you ever watched the TV show, Outlander? Actually, it tells the story mostly from the Scottish point of view. Do you know the Bonnie Prince's full name? Charles Edward Louis John Casimir Sylvester Severino Maria Stuart, a name for every day of the week and then some.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Chipper said:

'ach yapbe'law' ghu'vam, 'ach yablaHbe'chugh.  mo' tlhIngan SuvwI' muHlu'DI', chonnaQ 'oH.  ngoDvam vIghajbogh vIvuvHa'moHta' 'e' vIchID.  vIpIHchugh, vaj qaSpa' Hoch jI'oy'moH.

Chipper, do you mind me asking what language that is? I couldn't come close to translating it. Thanks.

Il y a 3 heures, sturmchaser a dit :

Hey lets, I think it's complete gibberish, and intentional.

Google translate reckons it's Scottish Gaelic but cannot translate, now I could wake the missus up and ask her to translate for me, but as it's 04:30 am, I think I might get another tirade from her in another unacceptable language...   Oh She is a Scot by the way, but I don't hold it against her, it was not her fault to be born up near Edinburgh...  😁 😁😁

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, jouandomy said:

Sorry, but Google doesn't understand, neither me. Can you speak with normal language, Swahili or Maltese, something easy?

4 hours ago, letsdothis said:

Chipper, do you mind me asking what language that is? I couldn't come close to translating it. Thanks.

14 minutes ago, Le5b0 said:

Google translate reckons it's Scottish Gaelic but cannot translate, now I could wake the missus up and ask her to translate for me, but as it's 04:30 am, I think I might get another tirade from her in another unacceptable language...   Oh She is a Scot by the way, but I don't hold it against her, it was not her fault to be born up near Edinburgh...  😁 😁😁

It looks more likely that he fell asleep on his keyboard. 😁

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, Chipper said:

Obviously it's the Klingon language.

Translates to:

yet there is no power of this ground: but infinite as it is not inappropriate. When a Klingon warrior dies, the Klingon warriors specify, and the Klingon warriors are hunt. I have regretted my coordinates. If I had done so, my lord, I am hurt.

In Scot Gaelic that would be:

gidheadh chan eil cumhachd aig an talamh seo: ach neo-chrìochnach leis nach eil e neo-iomchaidh. Nuair a bhàsaicheas gaisgeach Klingon, bidh gaisgich Klingon a ’sònrachadh, agus tha gaisgich Klingon a’ sealg. Tha mi air aithreachas a dhèanamh airson na co-chomharran agam. Nam biodh mi air sin a dhèanamh, a thighearna, tha mi air mo ghoirteachadh.

• Like 2