Nina & Kira (2020) Part #8

Il y a 2 heures, disneykid a dit :

What’s happened the girls aren’t same anymore,they don’t seam as happy now!

I don't think ANYONE in the world is particularly happy now.  Covid has a peculier effect on most people, the lack of routine and not being able to do exacly what you want, plus being cooped up at home most of the time can be very depressing and debilitating.

Lot's of people finding it very difficult to cope right now.  In the UK, France and Spain especially, the infection rates are rising faster than they should be.  It is not going to get better anytime soon.😔

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Le5b0 said:

Nina gets a phone call which makes her cry.  Must have been really bad news to affect her so much???

I looked at the timeline, and indeed, Nina was quite upset at whatever it was about, but Kira was clearly mildly amused and not at all concerned.  Yet she stayed by Nina's side comforting her (of course).  But I assume the issue was trivial, except for Nina.  We know how Nina's emotions are easily triggered - she cries at the end of sad movies, for example.  We'll never know, of course, but it apparently wasn't anything major.  

amused1.JPG

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Le5b0 said:

I don't think ANYONE in the world is particularly happy now.  Covid has a peculier effect on most people, the lack of routine and not being able to do exacly what you want, plus being cooped up at home most of the time can be very depressing and debilitating.

Ehhh, 2020 hasn't affected me negatively in the least, in fact it has generated more work for me (and mo' money!), but then again I remind myself I'm not the center of the world.  Sadly millions of others have lost jobs and are in debt because of 2020.  So I agree partially how it might be affecting N&K emotionally.  But they've been able to go out shopping, visit with people, even have a concert, among many other things.  So they are not hurting THAT much.  

I think an answer to the Kid's legitimate observance is that the "girls" we knew so many years ago are no longer "girls" now - they are grown adult women, and Life is definitely different for them now than when they started RLC.  I feel as a person transitions from their early 20s to their late 20s, changes happen, "growing up" so to speak.  Things that weren't a concern to them 8+ years ago are a concern now.  As we say here in America, "adulting is hard" and 2020 has certainly made it harder for everyone.  

Just my two kopiyoks  😉 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1