Discussion:2019 Novel Corona Virus (Covid19) and It's Political Ramifications #5

Pepe

41 minutes ago, Ridgerunner said:

But according to the American news media and Democrats, Dr. Fauci is the final word on everything about covid-19.:biggrin:

He's backtracked on what he said tonight. Just watched him on BBC News. He has every respect for the way UK has gone about the vaccine control and just said it's handled differently in the US....treading carefully because the situation's more delicate. 

To me, saving lives is a pretty delicate matter and they should bite the bullet and sort it out...

• Like 2

8 hours ago, nagachilli2 said:

He's backtracked on what he said tonight. Just watched him on BBC News. He has every respect for the way UK has gone about the vaccine control and just said it's handled differently in the US....treading carefully because the situation's more delicate. 

To me, saving lives is a pretty delicate matter and they should bite the bullet and sort it out...

That's how Fauci does. He plays to his audience. He'll go on CNN and say one thing and then say close to the exact opposite when he goes on Fox News.  

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Ridgerunner said:

They were able to get vaccine to the public sooner because of a U.S. (Trump) policy that paid for large quantities of vaccines to be produced before the vaccines had even been tested. Normally, drug companies do not produce large quantities of a vaccine until it has been tested and approved.

Trump tried to make sure that the U.S. get priority to the Covid-19 vaccines (even exclusive rights), he did not care about the rest of the world - America first. Luckily he failed in this case also.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Calle said:

Trump tried to make sure that the U.S. get priority to the Covid-19 vaccines (even exclusive rights), he did not care about the rest of the world - America first. Luckily he failed in this case also.

If he didn't dare about the rest of the world why has he been shipping ventilators to countries all around the world. Trump is President of the United States; therefore, it is his job to look out for Americans first and then the rest of the world. Too bad the wimpy ass leaders of European nations don't do the same for their people. and Trump didn't fail. The government swamp dwelling bureaucrats in the FDA failed the American people. Trump is the reason the vaccines were developed in such a short period of time. I believe the normal time frame for a new vaccine being ready for distribution to the public is eight years.

17 hours ago, nagachilli2 said:

That's what Dr. Fauci does. He plays to his audience. He'll go on CNN and say one thing and the next day go on Fox News and say almost the exact opposite. 

4 minutes ago, Ridgerunner said:

If he didn't dare about the rest of the world why has he been shipping ventilators to countries all around the world. Trump is President of the United States; therefore, it is his job to look out for Americans first and then the rest of the world. Too bad the wimpy ass leaders of European nations don't do the same for their people. and Trump didn't fail. The government swamp dwelling bureaucrats in the FDA failed the American people. Trump is the reason the vaccines were developed in such a short period of time. I believe the normal time frame for a new vaccine being ready for distribution to the public is eight years.

Ah, is that what he's being doing during the pandemic...:dodgy:

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Ridgerunner said:

That's what Dr. Fauci does. He plays to his audience. He'll go on CNN and say one thing and the next day go on Fox News and say almost the exact opposite. 

You already said that...

I thought you've have a logical reason for it...😏

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Ridgerunner said:

Yep!

You've had a shitload of deaths...sadly 😔
I'm pretty sure he could've handled it better...set a better example...and reduced that number. That's just how I see it. I don't follow US politics, so I'm unfamiliar with his other policies, but it was pretty difficult not to take an interest in this...

• Like 1