Discussion:2019 Novel Corona Virus (Covid19) and It's Political Ramifications #5

Pepe

Why does no one on here talk about what is happening in Sweden right now with covid-19 compared to the rest of Europe and the rest of the world? Maybe because Sweden's new infections and hospitalization rates are much lower than those other places? What is happening in Sweden doesn't fit the prevailing agenda, so we must not talk about it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ridgerunner said:

Why does no one on here talk about what is happening in Sweden right now with covid-19 compared to the rest of Europe and the rest of the world? Maybe because Sweden's new infections and hospitalization rates are much lower than those other places? What is happening in Sweden doesn't fit the prevailing agenda, so we must not talk about it.

Depends on how you want to read statistics really. Sweden became the country with highest coronavirus death rate per capita during the peak times. UK infection rates now are getting higher but you could argue that is because we are doing far more testing now so you are obviously gonna find higher infections but our death rates and hospitalisation rates are still very low compared with earlier in the year. Swedens population of just over 10 million compared with say the UK of almost 68 million is also difficult to compare so any comparison is very difficult there too. Comparisons are very difficult to make between country's as there are so many factors to consider. Even in America some parts are very low but in others they are very high. However it is not a bloody competition you know.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Robwin said:

Depends on how you want to read statistics really. Sweden became the country with highest coronavirus death rate per capita during the peak times. UK infection rates now are getting higher but you could argue that is because we are doing far more testing now so you are obviously gonna find higher infections but our death rates and hospitalisation rates are still very low compared with earlier in the year. Swedens population of just over 10 million compared with say the UK of almost 68 million is also difficult to compare so any comparison is very difficult there too. Comparisons are very difficult to make between country's as there are so many factors to consider. Even in America some parts are very low but in others they are very high. However it is not a bloody competition you know.

But there is another important part to the equation. Sweden did not destroy its economy.

On 10/4/2020 at 11:22 AM, Ridgerunner said:

No way a true non-partisan could ever watch CNN and MSNBC and conclude that they are fair and objective news sources.

I don't even watch CNN or MSNBC, but from what I've seen on the Internet of all three, compared to videos of your dear psychopath speaking, CNN and MSNBC are a damn sight more fair, objective, accurate and truthful than FOX any day of the week.

So that just proves to me that you are not non-partisan.

As I've told you before, he who never listens, I don't give half a shit what party any politician belongs to. If they are an asshole and a detriment to this country and its people, they have to go. And your dear psychopath is the biggest derelict, irresponsible, reckless, negligent, untrustworthy, asshole liar there ever was. And Barr and McConnell are running 2nd and 3rd, in no particular order.

The prime time people on FOX do not claim to be non-partisan news people.

You might be right about that. From what I've seen, they are blatantly, irresponsibly, stuff-it-down-your-throat partisan, to the point of, "If you don't believe what I believe, you're not an American."

What you're saying is, it's perfectly OK for FOX to be biased, partisan, cheerleading little trumpets, but no one else is allowed to be the opposite. You have as much impudence, insolence and gall as FOX. If you call FOX fair-minded, you're as blind as they are.

They have their heads as far up IQ45's ass as you do. CNN, MSNBC and the like, are one hell of lot more fair-minded than FOX could ever pretend to be in this lifetime or any other.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, letsdothis said:

I don't even watch CNN or MSNBC, but from what I've seen on the Internet of all three, compared to videos of your dear psychopath speaking, CNN and MSNBC are a damn sight more fair, objective, accurate and truthful than FOX any day of the week.

As I've told you before, he who never listens, I don't give half a shit what party any politician belongs to. If they are an asshole and a detriment to this country and its people, they have to go. And your dear psychopath is the biggest derelict, irresponsible, reckless, negligent, untrustworthy, asshole liar there ever was. And Barr and McConnell are running 2nd and 3rd, in no particular order.

You might be right about that. From what I've seen, they are blatantly, irresponsibly, stuff-it-down-your-throat partisan, to the point of, "If you don't believe what I believe, you're not an American."

What you're saying is, it's perfectly OK for FOX to be biased, partisan, cheerleading little trumpets, but no one else is allowed to be the opposite. You have as much impudence, insolence and gall as FOX. If you call FOX fair-minded, you're as blind as they are.

They have their heads as far up IQ45's ass as you do. CNN, MSNBC and the like, are one hell of lot more fair-minded than FOX could ever pretend to be in this lifetime or any other.

CNN and MSNBC being more fair minded than FOX is one of the dumbest statements I have heard in my entire life. All they are 24/7 is "We Hate Donald Trump".