A Mockery of Sex

Lipstick

4 minutes ago, Dave 27 said:

Amy 3 is a him.

It's generally considered insulting to call someone who you know is trans and has made it clear to that point to then call that person by the opposite pronoun. You are free to say what you want to and yes, i guess techincally Amy3 is a him, but just know that when you do that to Amy3 it sounds like you are saying it intentionally to hurt her. If your child were a transsexual would you make it a point to call them by opposite gender? I mean techincally you'd be right to say it, but would you do it?

3 minutes ago, Lipstick said:

It's generally considered insulting to call someone who you know is trans and has made it clear to that point to then call that person by the opposite pronoun. You are free to say what you want to and yes, i guess techincally Amy3 is a him, but just know that when you do that to Amy3 it sounds like you are saying it intentionally to hurt her. If your child were a transsexual would you make it a point to call them by opposite gender? I mean techincally you'd be right to say it, but would you do it?

I don't think it is appropriate either 😏

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lipstick said:

I chatted to Amy many times and I considered myself to be shall we say one of the more understanding members on here of her /his obsessions.As far as gender reference is concerned Amy never complained to me about it.

42 minutes ago, Dave 27 said:

I've been to both Shields many times,I'm going to bore you now pal

When my kids were young(a hell of a long time ago)we holidayed at a camp at Whitley Bay(Whole lotta Rosie was in the bars juke box👍👍) so one day we decided to head out as the boys wanted to go through the Tyne Tunnel so there we were in a Morris Minor Reg.XLC 93 emerging from the south end and we somehow ended up on the beach there and we had a great day.I've been down your way many times,Cresswell,Blyth,WB,we were at a wedding in Shotley Bridge,Beamish Museum park(brilliant place)and about two years ago my grandson's football team were down at North Shields for a tournament.

As for working anything out Naga it was just guesswork or to quote Ozzie"a shot in the dark"👍.You once told me you are a Geordie👍

Wanted to take this chat to PM but there's an issue. Can't!...Could chat here but wouldn't want to piss anyone off Dave. 

8 minutes ago, Dave 27 said:

I chatted to Amy many times and I considered myself to be shall we say one of the more understanding members on here of her /his obsessions.As far as gender reference is concerned Amy never complained to me about it.

I suppose it's always a matter of intent. I would think correcting someone who called a transsexual by their preferred pronoun by saying, you're wrong "Amy3 is a him" might lead that person to feel that you are trying slight them. Would they be right to think that and be defensive of it? Even now, there is a running joke about trangendered people here in this very topic. ha ha ha! I guess they just need to get deeper skin, huh? Unfortunately, this is what they have to live with all the time.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, nagachilli2 said:

Wanted to take this chat to PM but there's an issue. Can't!...Could chat here but wouldn't want to piss anyone off Dave. 

It's not pissing me off, it's just off topic. I didn't intend to go off topic about Amy3 either. See, i did it too. Not a big deal, just saying.  💋

3 minutes ago, Lipstick said:

It's not pissing me off, it's just off topic. I didn't intend to go off topic about Amy3 either. See, i did it too. Not a big deal, just saying.  💋

Look...I know we were way OT...but you know how these threads go sometimes...CC has an issue regarding PM. 

We're cool...

• Like 1