US General Domestic Politics #10 Begin 10/29/20

12 minutes ago, Alladino said:

As long as Trump interferes in the world, I will write my opinion about Trump. It is that simple.

Nevertheless I fear that Trump will win the election. In some of the swing states his lead is rather high. Anyway, there is still a chance for Biden. Now we have to keep our fingers crossed. Biden 2020. 😀👍

The election is now in the hands of the establishment and not the American people. Therefore, the probability of Biden winning is about 90%.   

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TBG 150 said:

He said he wanted the voting to stop. He probably misspoke. That was at 2:15 EST, 2 1/4 hours after Election Day was officially over

No, the news media misspoke. Trump said the voting should stop. It was the news media who lied and said that he wanted counting to stop. With Pennsylvania accepting mail-in votes thru Friday and mail-in ballots being counted that have no post mark what's to stop people from mailing ballots thru Friday?

1 hour ago, Ridgerunner said:

Legal voting has been stopped. But in Pennsylvania they are allowed to accept mail-in ballots through Friday if they are postmarked by Nov.3. But if the postmark is not legible those ballots will be counted. Also, if the signature on the certification envelope of a mail-in ballot does not match the signature on the voter's registration records that ballot must also be counted.  

In countries that are able to organise the election well and democratically, the advance polling will happen at polling stations (there will be plenty of them) where polling will end one week before the election day, polling officials will collect the ballots, put each of them in a sealed envelope and send them to the counting center. All votes shall be counted before the polling stations close on the election day, and the results of advance polling shall be published the minute the election has been closed. Voters cannot mail their ballots directly, without the polling officials. The U.S. election system with all those electors having to vote against their own candidate in the end is really out of the modern democratic world.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, maxfactor said:

I know...but you voted labour...

I didn't...I voted for 1 of the minor parties, and also against Brexit...I know, probably a wasted vote. But I've never voted Tory and they've made a real dogs dinner handling Covid.  I'll vote Labour next election though as they've struck off Corbin and I support their ideas in handling the pandemic...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, nagachilli2 said:

I didn't...I voted for 1 of the minor parties, and also against Brexit...I know, probably a wasted vote. But I've never voted Tory and they've made a real dogs dinner handling Covid.  I'll vote Labour next election though as they've struck off Corbin and I support their ideas in handling the pandemic...

Mr Hindsight has never had any idea's really just gone the way whichever the wind was blowing at the time.

Yeah mistakes may have been made re the pandemc but whichever way they went others would have contradicted it, too early? to late etc etc. Pity we don't all have this magical hindsight quality :biggrin: no country has come out with roses on really.

2 minutes ago, Ridgerunner said:

No, the news media misspoke. Trump said the voting should stop. It was the news media who lied and said that he wanted counting to stop. With Pennsylvania accepting mail-in votes thru Friday and mail-in ballots being counted that have no post mark what's to stop people from mailing ballots thru Friday?

Of course the rules have to be 100 % clear. If mail-in votes are accepted (a strange and unsecure system), the postmark is of course the crucial evidence of the mail sent in time and if it is not clear the ballots that come after the election day have to be refused. But that refusal applies to votes given to both candidates, not just Biden.

14 minutes ago, Robwin said:

Mr Hindsight has never had any idea's really just gone the way whichever the wind was blowing at the time.

Yeah mistakes may have been made re the pandemc but whichever way they went others would have contradicted it, too early? to late etc etc. Pity we don't all have this magical hindsight quality :biggrin: no country has come out with roses on really.

The truth is that a pandemic does what it is going to do regardless of who is in charge. 

Just now, Ridgerunner said:

Sadly, that's what will happen to the U.S. if the Democrats takeover the Presidency, House and Senate.

No one is the winner till all the votes postmarked by November 3rd are counted. It's going to be very close right to the end.

• Like 1