Clubs

Amy3

1 hour ago, AmyAmyAmy said:

almost there @Admin when are you going to take action? maybe success isn't what you care about. 

This site ranks:
#99,058
in global internet engagement

It's not the Clubs that have sunken the numbers.  It's all this daily negative bullshit that goes on each and everyday. No one is going to participate in Forums if others are only going to be constantly negative. Members don't want to read that shit everyday.

I have nothing against negativity but one only has to say it once and get it off their chests and be done with it and then move on to happier times.  Repeating the same thing on a daily basis is not going to solve anything or bring participation into the forums. All constant negativity does is drive people away from participating.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 4

52 minutes ago, StnCld316 said:

It's not the Clubs that have sunken the numbers.  It's all this daily negative bullshit that goes on each and everyday. No one is going to participate in Forums if others are only going to be constantly negative. Members don't want to read that shit everyday.

I have nothing against negativity but one only has to say it once and get it off their chests and be done with it and then move on to happier times.  Repeating the same thing on a daily basis is not going to solve anything or bring participation into the forums. All constant negativity does is drive people away from participating.

i don't belive that's true, but if is true and people expect there to be only cheerleaders in a forum about a voyuer sex site, then my goodness how weak can one be? surely there has to be room for craxy, negative, even insulting comments in a forum that involves people living on cam. why can't people grow up and learn to just skip over comments they don't like? that's what i do or i try to explain why they are wrong. it's just words!

the problem with the clubs is that it gave these people a means to take their ball and escape. they blame people like me and others who post negative comments and they set up camp behind a wall. if i ran a forum, i would much rather have intolerant people leave then give them a tool to steal my forum and my members and hide them in a secret hole, and using access to content and information as a whip to keep their members on the straight and narrow. 

you guys allowed a team of like minded members to use the creation of a club and tools of reports and ultimatums to pressure you into scalping the posters they don't like. they set up an unspoken agreement to ignore and shun people as a team in order to silence or to make the bad posters lose interest and leave. those are the people who left. these guys in the clubs are still here except they are purposely holding back from participating in the public forums to prove a point and now they are locked into mindset they demands the forums be made to suit them or else! 

the reason i don't believe it is becuae of the negative posts is because look at twitter for example. twitter is awash in negative comments and yet people still post in droves. i'll give you an even closer example. look at the political topics on this board. they are filled with constant negative comments, even people insulting each other and yet they are perhaps the most active topics on this site. if what you think is true, that negative comments run people awat, then wouldn't those topics be empty? 

• Like 1

I see it on a daily basis others may see it differently.  Everyone has their own view.

Many Members come on the Forum daily, a lot of them used to participate quite often but now they just sign in and read the posts and never say anything at all and there are many of them.  Why they stopped participating I do not know but I am going to find out why.

As far as the numbers for Cam Caps there are other reasons the numbers are down as well I had the numbers up at one point and then some became defiant and went against the will of what we were trying to achieve on the forum.  Rather than argue with some on a daily basis I just let it go temporarily to let things cool off but by no means is it the last they'll be hearing from me.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, StnCld316 said:

I see it on a daily basis others may see it differently.  Everyone has their own view.

Many Members come on the Forum daily, a lot of them used to participate quite often but now they just sign in and read the posts and never say anything at all and there are many of them.  Why they stopped participating I do not know but I am going to find out why.

As far as the numbers for Cam Caps there are other reasons the numbers are down as well I had the numbers up at one point and then some became defiant and went against the will of what we were trying to achieve on the forum.  Rather than argue with some on a daily basis I just let it go temporarily to let things cool off but by no means is it the last they'll be hearing from me.

When the same people go on go about the same thing every post they make this in my view discourages members posting. Also when there is only negative posts in a thread you feel what is the point in making comments. Those who believe negative posts doesn't drive members away from commenting is kidding themselves. A better balance is needed of those whom only write negative comments and posts worth reading as they have something to say. We all could name whom writes negative only posts non stop. 

Grand Poo-bah is on to it, unleash the gates of hell.... 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, StnCld316 said:

i know. the answer is simple, Amy. they hate me, they think i am nothing but a troll and they have an agreement, spoken or otherwise, that dictates their rules of handling me. their minions follow suit so as to appease them and keep their place in line at the trough of information that is accessible via their connections. basically don't post caps, don't rep or quote Amy or really anyone who dares speak to Amy, avoid interacting with anyone who has been critical of them or their club. they are effectively on strike until you ban me for good. this club has born into a mob. that is why. 

the numbers are down because RLC are assholes and too many people are active in clubs and PMs. there is plenty of content on vhtv to keep a forum active. your 2 most prominent members of this forum, of the vhtv forums, have stolen many of your other prominet members and they are on strike until you find a way to get rid of me. 

how's that for some honesty? 

19 minutes ago, Aussie_oi_oi said:

When the same people go on go about the same thing every post they make this in my view discourages members posting. Also when there is only negative posts in a thread you feel what is the point in making comments. Those who believe negative posts doesn't drive members away from commenting is kidding themselves. A better balance is needed of those whom only write negative comments and posts worth reading as they have something to say. We all could name whom writes negative only posts non stop. 

Grand Poo-bah is on to it, unleash the gates of hell.... 

look at the political threads and tell me negative post drive people away. those are probably the hottest topics on this board. people complain about repetitive negative posters, what about repetitve complainers of negative posters? to me those are worse then the negative posters. 

18 hours ago, StnCld316 said:

This is the most insightful comment in this whole thread!

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, jjkopite said:

This is the most insightful comment in this whole thread!

you expect too much then. you seem to expect everyone to be the same and think the same and when the comments dissent, they are cast as negative and bad and trollish, etc... the public forum is the real life forum where people have varying styles and opinions. the clubs, particularly jabs club created a loyal team of like minded members who stopped being themselves in public. friendship, loyalty and true expression are reserved for the club. 

On 12/5/2020 at 6:19 PM, AmyAmyAmy said:

look at the political threads and tell me negative post drive people away. those are probably the hottest topics on this board. people complain about repetitive negative posters, what about repetitve complainers of negative posters? to me those are worse then the negative posters. 

Yes, look at the political threads.  There used to be when it first started several who participated.  Now for the most part, only 3 posters remain-and all 3 are so negative that everyone else just gave up because you could not have an intelligent conversation without all the negativity and name calling. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

On 12/5/2020 at 4:32 PM, StnCld316 said:

This is exactly why a lot of members just quit posting and formed PM or clubs where they could converse without all the negative bullshit and can disagree in a civil manner.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, happyone said:

Yes, look at the political threads.  There used to be when it first started several who participated.  Now for the most part, only 3 posters remain-and all 3 are so negative that everyone else just gave up because you could not have an intelligent conversation without all the negativity and name calling. 

:biggrin: Yeah never saw hide or hair of Golfer for about a year now all you get on there is mostly Golfer and Ridge slagging each other off it's just bloody pathetic, ain't looked on that topic for weeks now just got pissed off with those two hogging it all the bloody time. 👎

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, happyone said:

perhaps! but, isn't that where moderation comes in. the political threads were much more diverse even with rather negative posts. it wasn't until the post just became shit slinging that people left. so, yes i will grant you that there is a point where negativity can deter people from posting, but i think that's where moderators need to do their job. 

as for the site threads i think there has to be a mucn longer leash for negative comments about the tenants and the site then there is for fellow members. if a person leaves because some other people post negative comments about the tenants and the site then i think that's petty. the clubs and professional PMs, with many people are a copout to one's own inability to handle other people's ideas. these people need a safe zone they use these tools to create a cacoon of brotherhood. that would be fine, where it not for the downside, which is the ruining of the public forums. 

so, let's agree that posters who are too negative can and do push people into creating clubs and existing in PMs, but let us also accept that the crestion of those clubs and PMs also pushes people completly off the forum all together becuase the public foru! becomes so boring and stripped of content. 

what's the best approach to solve this problem? allowing mobs to vote the bad posters off the island? banning the clubs? limiting PMs to just 2 people? requiring a paid membership to join a club or PM? 

what would you do?