Discussion:2019 Novel Corona Virus (Covid19) and its Political Ramifications #6

2 hours ago, Ridgerunner said:

I agree. To me it's similar to warning people of the dangers of smoking or being over weight. Once they have been warned it's their choice to protect or not protect themselves. 

It's not just a case of protecting themselves...but protecting others, including those more vulnerable to more severe infections...

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, nagachilli2 said:

It's not just a case of protecting themselves...but protecting others, including those more vulnerable to more severe infections...

But it is a fact that vaccinated people spread the virus just as easily as do unvaccinated people.  So unvaccinated people are not more of a threat to spread the virus than are vaccinated people.

1 minute ago, Ridgerunner said:

But it is a fact that vaccinated people spread the virus just as easily as do unvaccinated people.  So unvaccinated people are not more of a threat to spread the virus than are vaccinated people.

They are, because they're a lot more likely to have it in the 1st place...

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, nagachilli2 said:

They are, because they're a lot more likely to have it in the 1st place...

Not true. The virus is spread through airborne transmission. So if you have the virus molecules in your nostrils regardless of whether you are vaccinated or not you can spread the virus. In fact, vaccinated people may be more likely to spread the virus because they are asymptomatic; and therefore, not know that they have been infected. 

9 minutes ago, Ridgerunner said:

Not true. The virus is spread through airborne transmission. So if you have the virus molecules in your nostrils regardless of whether you are vaccinated or not you can spread the virus. In fact, vaccinated people may be more likely to spread the virus because they are asymptomatic; and therefore, not know that they have been infected. 

Don't tell your granny how to suck eggs!! I was a Microbiologist in a top hospital for over 40 years!

You totally missed my point! 90% of new positive cases are not vaccinated...so they are much more likely to have it in the 1st place and therefore much more likely to spread it...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nagachilli2 said:

Don't tell your granny to suck eggs!! I was a Microbiologist in a top hospital for over 40 years!

You totally missed my point! 90% of new positive cases are not vaccinated...so they are much more likely to have it in the 1st place and therefore much more likely to spread it...

Do you really believe that thin blue mask 😷 will prevent a microscopic virus from entering your nose or mouth better yet you can get covid-19 thur your eyes 👀 yet nobody is wearing a mask over their eyes 👀 😉 

7 minutes ago, SPYING 1 said:

Do you really believe that thin blue mask 😷 will prevent a microscopic virus from entering your nose or mouth better yet you can get covid-19 thur your eyes 👀 yet nobody is wearing a mask over their eyes 👀 😉 

Ok I've had 2 years of listening to this bullshit from brainwashed guys...I'm done with talking about Covid...We just go round and round in circles and I'm sick to death of it...Have a good day and stay safe...

• Like 1

The world governments and those in power are using the word Covid-as is the news media as though the now prevalent Omicron variant is just as dangerous as the Delta variant.  According to current available statistics it is not--just more contagious -but with much less hospiitalizations and severe illness for those who choose to be vaccinated.  But lessening the restrictions, mandates, and bans would mean they would lose power over their constituents.  Enough is enough.