Discussion:2019 Novel Corona Virus (Covid19) and its Political Ramifications #6

Seeing how the Omicron mutation is very contagious but however producing little or very mild symptoms or illness, it seems to me that governments are over-reacting to this strain and creating more un-necessary concern.  Seem that this variant might be even less severe than the flu and here we are again with more mandates and restrictions.  

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Ridgerunner said:

I think Covid testing should be reserved for only people who are showing symptoms of the virus. Testing healthy people is a waste of time and test kits. A person could test negative and five minutes later be exposed to the virus and be infected. In that event what did the test accomplish? What is our goal, to test everyone everyday? That sounds insane to me.:huh:

Many people carry the virus but are symptomless...hence they can still pass it on...🥱

How many times...🙄

• Like 1

17 hours ago, nagachilli2 said:

Many people carry the virus but are symptomless...hence they can still pass it on...🥱

How many times...🙄

But with Omicron-even if you are infected and pass it along to a vaccinated person---no big deal.  The problem is with the unvaccinated, but IMO that is their choice and governments should not be penalizing the rest of us with mandates, restrictions, and downright barring entry into venues.

If you are not vaccinated you have been warned plenty of times and getting sick is your problem.

39 minutes ago, happyone said:

But with Omicron-even if you are infected and pass it along to a vaccinated person---no big deal.  The problem is with the unvaccinated, but IMO that is their choice and governments should not be penalizing the rest of us with mandates, restrictions, and downright barring entry into venues.

If you are not vaccinated you have been warned plenty of times and getting sick is your problem.

DAILYPOLITICALNEWSWIRE.COM

Shared with permission from Daily Patriot Report The irony is too much sometimes... A former...

16 minutes ago, SPYING 1 said:
DAILYPOLITICALNEWSWIRE.COM

Shared with permission from Daily Patriot Report The irony is too much sometimes... A former...

I agree. To me it's similar to warning people of the dangers of smoking or being over weight. Once they have been warned it's their choice to protect or not protect themselves. 

18 hours ago, nagachilli2 said:

How many times...🙄

So the people who want protection from being infected should get vaccinated, or be willing to take a chance that the infection will not cause them to become severely ill.