B2 Girls on Vacation - General Topic 2021 #6 (February / March)

Noldus

5 minutes ago, scoutouyoufe said:

Chez nous en France un livre c'est un objet qui s'ouvre en deux et qui se compose d'une couverture en carton ou d'une autre matière avec des pages en papier imprimé cousus ou coller ensemble.

With us in France a book is an object that opens in two and consists of a cardboard cover or another material with printed paper pages sewn or glued together.

bertrand piccard aviation GIF by Solar Impulse

Livre = book 😂🤣 , I know 😎

• Confused 1

17 hours ago, maxfactor said:

Just wow...what kind of shelter is it that you live in?... because if you don't know what a kilogram is or at least that it is another form of weight measurement as part of the metric system...you should be embarrassed to admit it. 

I am a proud American that doesn't deal with anything that's not American. I could care less about any form of foreign measure. It's bad enough I have to have metric tools now to do my job.😏

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2
  • Upvote 1

I'm an American, got an American flag hanging outside my house for the past 40 years. Worked on European equipment for 40 years. Switched to the metric system for measurements 40 years ago. There is a simplicity to metric.  If the 10mm wrench is too small, grab the 11 mm.  For doing math, adding measurements, couldn't be easier. Based on 10ths.  12.3 cm +14.5cm = 26.8cm. No mental gymnastics!.  1/4" + 5/16"+ 7/8"+ 3/32" = what a freekn nightmare.  Too much room for error.   We should have switched back in the 70s. 

You are of course entitled to your opinion and your choice. 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, corvette84 said:

I am a proud American that doesn't deal with anything that's not American. I could care less about any form of foreign measure. It's bad enough I have to have metric tools now to do my job.😏

The US military and industry has been using "foreign" measurement" for years.  What's really scary is that you are a proud American who votes for the so called "leader of the free world"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Ce fut un gros problème pendant la 2e guerre mondiale pour les alliés chacun avait son propre calibre pour les fusils ce qui complique la réutilisation de matériel récupéré de même que dans l'industrie je crois que les pas de vis sont inversés chez les anglais je crois.

It was a big problem during the 2nd world war for the allies each had its own caliber for the rifles which complicates the reuse of recovered material as well as in the industry I believe that the screw threads are reversed in the English I believe .

1 hour ago, maxfactor said:

The US military and industry has been using "foreign" measurement" for years.  What's really scary is that you are a proud American who votes for the so called "leader of the free world"

Ok, I got to tell you something. I knew what a kilo was. I just love fucking with people and getting them going, so I say stupid shit. It seems to work very well with you. 😁

• Sad 1

34 minutes ago, corvette84 said:

Ok, I got to tell you something. I knew what a kilo was. I just love fucking with people and getting them going, so I say stupid shit. It seems to work very well with you. 😁

You say stupid shit alright, but the only thing you are fucking with is people's perception of your IQ.  You should stop trying so hard, because you don't really need to.  They already think you're an 80.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, maxfactor said:

You say stupid shit alright, but the only thing you are fucking with is people's perception of your IQ.  You should stop trying so hard, because you don't really need to.  They already think you're an 80.

80?