Mail from VH informing/Forcing us to changeour password.!!!!

Here is a good method for making a strong password:

1. Take a sentence you can easily and always remember: Let's take this as an example. Candy never goes to the kitchen.
  2. Now we take the first two letters of every word: CaNeGoToThKi
  3. We also need a number. Candy realm number is 60 so we get CaNeGoToThKi60
  4. Last we replace some letters with similar looking special characters. So our final passwort will be: Ca#eG0T0ThK!6o
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Robwin said:

You are preaching to the converted Jabs and most would be of the same opinion no doubt. Your very safe one is good yes but one would never remember the bloody thing 😁😁😁

Most high security sites would have a 2 stage system anyway.

I just posted a method to make passwords you an remember...

4 minutes ago, jabbath1987 said:

Here is a good method for making a strong password:

1. Take a sentence you can easily and always remember: Let's take this as an example. Candy never goes to the kitchen.
  2. Now we take the first two letters of every word: CaNeGoToThKi
  3. We also need a number. Candy realm number is 60 so we get CaNeGoToThKi60
  4. Last we replace some letters with similar looking special characters. So our final passwort will be: Ca#eG0T0ThK!6o

Lol most people would never remember that anyway without writing it down lol.

I bet you wouldn't  either smartass 🤣

7 minutes ago, Robwin said:

I agree with you but you are still not appreciating my point but nevermind.👍

They know your current passwords are likely safe.  It's the Security Settings Encryption process that require the changes.

It would be the same on Cam Caps if the Administrator ever wants to update the Websites Security Settings to a stronger encryption the system would send each and every member an e-Mail message advising them to change their passwords by a certain date when these Security Settings would be changed. If one works with a website or has a website knows this is straight forward stuff.  For ones that just visit websites it may seem more out of place than normal for some.

29 minutes ago, jabbath1987 said:

I use this method for most sites. It is not hard at all to do...

Yeah well you are a clever fucker most of us are ordinary mortals 🤣

You may like to try this site to see how crackable some passwords are......

WWW.BETTERBUYS.COM

Estimating how long it takes to crack any password in a brute force attack

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Robwin said:

Yeah well you are a clever fucker most of us are ordinary mortals 🤣

You may like to try this site to see how crackable some passwords are......

WWW.BETTERBUYS.COM

Estimating how long it takes to crack any password in a brute force attack

That's what Security Settings are for is to prevent Brute Forcing and other measures from happening.  The higher the security the less chance of being compromised.

• Like 2

Just some stuff I use for passwords. First letter of each of your family members or friends then add the address number of somewhere you've lived in the past or a work place then add a special character or 2 like ? Also throw in a capitol letter on someone you'll remember. So it will look some thing like this  abcD2222? that's how I do it. Also if you forget a password and you use chrome you can find them all under settings, manage passwords, unless that's changed recently.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, me0369 said:

Just some stuff I use for passwords. First letter of each of your family members or friends then add the address number of somewhere you've lived in the past or a work place then add a special character or 2 like ? Also throw in a capitol letter on someone you'll remember. So it will look some thing like this  abcD2222? that's how I do it. Also if you forget a password and you use chrome you can find them all under settings, manage passwords, unless that's changed recently.

Whatever passwords you use now,easy or difficult ones, the browsers always remember them now but i always note them down in a little notebook anyway as a backup out of harms way. Makes me laugh all these so called password manager software's out there as if you are so worried about hackers etc etc you then go and trust them all to another piece of software that could get hacked as well :biggrin:

• Upvote 1