Leora & Malia - Home Activities #19

5 minutes ago, Aussie_oi_oi said:

In the early 70's / 80's Australia had an awesome Pub band culture. I lived 5 minutes from the Doncaster Hotel in Melbourne Australia. I was very lucky to have seen just about every great band. 

With Leora and Maila away google Doncaster Hotel and check out google maps and you'll get see where I grew up. My parents lived in Doncaster East for 65 years. 

A city boy eh....and here some of us had been thinking that you may have actually been Mick Dundee. 😂

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Nicholas said:

A city boy eh....and here some of us had been thinking that you were really Mick Dundee. 😂

It was when I was a boy, it's very different now. I now live as you in Mick Dundee area. 😁

• Like 1

Just now, Aussie_oi_oi said:

It was when I was a boy, it's very different now. I now live as you in Mick Dundee area. 😁

Check out the movie "The Dry" this is very close to who I am in real life as a person.

Doncaster was in my younger years was as Aussie country as you can get.

WWW.IMDB.COM

The Dry: Directed by Robert Connolly. With Eric Bana, Genevieve O'Reilly, Keir O'Donnell, John Polson. Aaron Falk returns to his drought-stricken hometown to attend a tragic...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Aussie_oi_oi said:

In the early 70's / 80's Australia had an awesome Pub band culture. I lived 5 minutes from the Doncaster Hotel in Melbourne Australia. I was very lucky to have seen just about every great band. 

With Leora and Maila away google Doncaster Hotel and check out google maps and you'll get see where I grew up. My parents lived in Doncaster East for 65 years. 

Yes sir, you were very lucky to have grown up where you did...that's for sure!  I'm sure that Melbourne was a very popular avenue for concerts.  I mean who wouldn't want to go to Australia and put on a show!!  By the pictures of the Doncaster Hotel, it's looks like a good place to have gig.  How were the acoustics?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Brokk! said:

E un altro giorno è iniziato con l'appartamento vuoto... 

Don’t worry , in the evening , the apartment will be full by both of them , prime time will be checking the mobile if anything else goes on elsewhere and both girls will be ready for action , it is many days that nothing happened , I expect some new positions perhaps or a bit more penetration .. It is also weekend coming and maybe one or both will be overnighting 🤨🤨😇 We will see ☺️

• Confused 2

3 minutes ago, HarleyFatboy said:

Yes sir, you were very lucky to have grown up where you did...that's for sure!  I'm sure that Melbourne was a very popular avenue for concerts.  I mean who wouldn't want to go to Australia and put on a show!!  By the pictures of the Doncaster Hotel, it's looks like a good place to have gig.  How were the acoustics?

Not great but the Marshall speakers turned up and it was awesome. I remember watching my sister passed out being overhanded passed back to the back of the pub. Wild times 

• Like 1

Just now, Aussie_oi_oi said:

Not great but the Marshall speakers turned up and it was awesome. I remember watching my sister passed out being overhanded passed back to the back of the pub. Wild times 

Yeah, just about any avid concert goer has seen that happen at one time or another.  My son had to have his cousin passed back to the outside because he passed out from the heat and lack of proper hydration.  I told them both if they were going to drink and being how hot it was at the time, to drink a couple of beers and then drink a bottle of water but you now them young'ens they didn't listen and his cousin passed smooth out.

Now, I really need to get out of this thread before I piss some people off with all this OT stuff

1 minute ago, HarleyFatboy said:

Yeah, just about any avid concert goer has seen that happen at one time or another.  My son had to have his cousin passed back to the outside because he passed out from the heat and lack of proper hydration.  I told them both if they were going to drink and being how hot it was at the time, to drink a couple of beers and then drink a bottle of water but you now them young'ens they didn't listen and his cousin passed smooth out.

Now, I really need to get out of this thread before I piss some people off with all this OT stuff

I do think off topic is ok when our girls have gone "walkabout".

What does going walkabout mean?
1 : to go on a walkabout (a long walking journey on land that is far from towns and cities) an Aborigine who has gone walkabout. 2 British, informal + humorous —used to say that something or someone cannot be found My keys have gone walkabout.
  • Haha 1

il y a une heure, Aussie_oi_oi a dit :

I was born at the right time in Australia to see them live before they were the biggest rock & roll band. I think I've seen them 20+ times approx.

As was I, I saw them at Forestville Community Centre in 1975, it was Bon Scott's first gig with them, the Northern Beaches of Sydney was a haven for pub rock, I was a regular at Bryants / Millers Manly Vale Hotel, & Narrabeen Antler, as well as many other locations, grew up with the likes of INXS, Midnight Oil, Cold Chisel, The Angels & many more, also went to school with Tim Farris & Kirk Pengilly (INXS)