B4 Girls On Vacation - General Topic 2021 #81 (July)

This is OT I know but the constant bickering here is so maddening.  I can get bickering here at home by 6 year olds.  So maybe I can steer the conversation to something else besides all-things-Harley.

Anyway ... I was just curious, it seems like all these apartments leave their TV's on 24x7.  What is driving that?  My two thoughts are (1) the dogs/pets like that as I know my dad does that when he leaves the dog at home; and (2) maybe the TV causes motion sensing and this somehow helps them with their cam scores, i.e. being present in the apartment must score more RLC points than never being in the apartment so the TV causes the cams to trigger ...

Any other thoughts?  Leaving the TV's is so wasteful of electricity, which is something I don't worry about.  But given there are people here who obsess over COVID-19, smoking, drinking, drugs, etc. ... no one cares about wasting electricity?

37 minutes ago, JenniferMom said:

This is OT I know but the constant bickering here is so maddening.  I can get bickering here at home by 6 year olds.  So maybe I can steer the conversation to something else besides all-things-Harley.

Anyway ... I was just curious, it seems like all these apartments leave their TV's on 24x7.  What is driving that?  My two thoughts are (1) the dogs/pets like that as I know my dad does that when he leaves the dog at home; and (2) maybe the TV causes motion sensing and this somehow helps them with their cam scores, i.e. being present in the apartment must score more RLC points than never being in the apartment so the TV causes the cams to trigger ...

Any other thoughts?  Leaving the TV's is so wasteful of electricity, which is something I don't worry about.  But given there are people here who obsess over COVID-19, smoking, drinking, drugs, etc. ... no one cares about wasting electricity?

I mean, I've answered you this once before
This is to activate the motion detectors  so that they appear on the list of active cams. Both TV, fans and animals trigger the movement

37 minutes ago, JenniferMom said:

the constant bickering here is so maddening.  I ignore it and move on to other comments.😴