Aussie Update

Aussie_oi_oi

Hi Guys,

l thought you would like an update on injuries.

Recap.

My bitch of a neighbour had been writing notes about my line of trees long my fence line being over her property. So to keep the peace l set out remove any branches causing issues. Not l had been a tree cutter for 10 years so it’s nothing new to me hard work. I had been approximately 4 hours when my accident happened, l made a basic mistake not having a head rope. Between the fence and the tree line only enough room for a ladder. The ladder slipped off the tree, l was standing on the top of a four metre/ 16 foot ladder. I fell straight down, just missing a fence post by not much which would have killed me. My right foot hit the ground first then bent back 90 degs. My wife in the house was working with her headphones on l kept yelling hoping she would hear me between songs. Thank she did after 5 very long minutes. The Ambulance women turned up omg they just had to be blonde 10’s. They couldn’t believe l was alive, or the trauma team at the hospital. I was in hospital mainly to keep an eye on me that was going to die. They sent me home Tuesday, back to hospital today to discuss what surgeries they need to do. Basically heel.needs a plate/screws, ankle rebuild, knee operation too. There’s a 40% chance l might lose the leg. If all goes ok 12 months before l can walk again. 18 to 24 months until full recovery. I’m in a wheelchair with my leg up. The swelling needs to come down before any surgeries.
You have no idea how much pain I’m in. I can do nothing for myself, god l miss being to go to the toilet on my own.

I was lucky to be still alive so l price l have to pay is being currently in a living hell. I chose life over death any day.

I was lucky to marry the most amazing woman whom is my soulmate. She is being amazing job looking after me.

l won’t be around much but if you see me online please say hello.

Please take care and remember to tie the bloody head rope!!!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 6

Glad you are starting to recover mate...You will be fine, think of the convalescing sitting all day watching Leora sleeping and going out.

As for the bloody Koala, forget it mate, but here's a little reminder about the noise of the mating call he does some nights from the cupboard when he knows she is performing.👍😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Aussie_oi_oi said:

Hi Guys,

l thought you would like an update on injuries.

Recap.

My bitch of a neighbour had been writing notes about my line of trees long my fence line being over her property. So to keep the peace l set out remove any branches causing issues. Not l had been a tree cutter for 10 years so it’s nothing new to me hard work. I had been approximately 4 hours when my accident happened, l made a basic mistake not having a head rope. Between the fence and the tree line only enough room for a ladder. The ladder slipped off the tree, l was standing on the top of a four metre/ 16 foot ladder. I fell straight down, just missing a fence post by not much which would have killed me. My right foot hit the ground first then bent back 90 degs. My wife in the house was working with her headphones on l kept yelling hoping she would hear me between songs. Thank she did after 5 very long minutes. The Ambulance women turned up omg they just had to be blonde 10’s. They couldn’t believe l was alive, or the trauma team at the hospital. I was in hospital mainly to keep an eye on me that was going to die. They sent me home Tuesday, back to hospital today to discuss what surgeries they need to do. Basically heel.needs a plate/screws, ankle rebuild, knee operation too. There’s a 40% chance l might lose the leg. If all goes ok 12 months before l can walk again. 18 to 24 months until full recovery. I’m in a wheelchair with my leg up. The swelling needs to come down before any surgeries.
You have no idea how much pain I’m in. I can do nothing for myself, god l miss being to go to the toilet on my own.

I was lucky to be still alive so l price l have to pay is being currently in a living hell. I chose life over death any day.

I was lucky to marry the most amazing woman whom is my soulmate. She is being amazing job looking after me.

l won’t be around much but if you see me online please say hello.

Please take care and remember to tie the bloody head rope!!!

Hi Aussie...that sounds like a nightmare 😬. But, as you said, it could've been worse. Here's hoping for as speedy a recovery as possible...It's sounds like you have a strong woman to get you through this...

Btw, how's your neighbour feeling now?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Best of luck with the surgery and stay strong and positive throughout your long recovery. Last year I had to help my brother after he broke both his hip socket and pelvis after a fall at work. Confined to bed and wheelchair and then a walker. In between he passed out from major blood clots in his lungs that almost killed him. I found him passed out within minutes when I heard a noise that wasn't normal and had a difficult time getting him conscious from falling to the floor. With his injuries and being limited with mobility he was on blood thinners for a month but the doctor didn't prescribe them for his full length of recovery. Ambulance/paramedics had difficulty getting him to the hospital. Was quite the ordeal. Had therapy to regain foot and body strength but he took the needed time to heal. He fully recovered and back doing his regular job for over a year now. This post is to give you hope and courage to work through everything and look ahead to better days and a good life. 

Strong words of advice and warning - ensure you are given blood thinners to prevent blood clots (can be fatal) and perhaps stay on them the rest of your life at a lower dose. Doctors were surprised and amazed that the blood clots didn't kill him plus I hear about others that had died from blood clots due to accidents (they were not given blood thinners). Yes, I saved my brothers life because if I didn't check up on him within minutes that I did he would have died. The "what if I didn't scenario" still bothers me mentally because I would have had to live with the guilt of him dying if I didn't check up on him. Thankfully your wife was there and you are getting good care. Ensure you are prescribed blood thinners. Inactivity and being bedridden can cause blood clots so talk with your doctors about this to reassure yourself. 

Good luck with the surgeries and wishing you a full recovery.     .....Doug

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

What a shame to read and all to please a neighbor. It will be a long rehabilitation but you and your wife are strong people and everything will be fine.
Leora get that damn Koala out of the closet so Aussi knows you feel for him.

Wat erg om te lezen en dat allemaal om een buur tevreden te stellen.Het zal een lange revalidatie zijn maar jij en jouw vrouw zijn sterke mensen en alles zal goed komen.
Leora haal die verdomde Koala uit de kast zodat Aussi weet dat je met hem meeleeft.

• Thanks 1