B4 - General Topic 2022 #26 (February / March)

2 hours ago, moules said:

Having been in the Ukraine, particularly Kharkiv and the Seversky Donets area, I would not characterize the population's views of  Russia that way.  By ethnicity, over 75 percent of the population is Ukrainian, less than 20 percent is Russian.  And the majority did not appreciate being under the Soviet yoke then, or the Russian yoke now.  The only republic that prospered  in the CCCP was Estonia, and it did so well that Russians or residents of any of the other republics could only enter Estonia with a special internal passport, which was rarely granted, even to members of the KGB.  Millions of Ukrainians died in the Great Famine in the 1930s, and there are allegations that the famine was a deliberate genocide undertaken by the Kremlin.

I always felt that the Russians were traumatized by the Great Patriotic War.  In talking with them, they didn't fear the U.S., as much as they feared the Germans. 

In fact they betrayed by the Germans with the invasion of Russia in 1941 even though they have signed a mutual non-attack contract. Russia had lost 4 milion men in that war. Therefore Russia doesn't accept NATO enlargement to the east. Especially since they have their Black Sea fleet in the Crimea. Imagine if the Russians went to Cuba again, and then Puerto Rico, Mexico, Hawaii and / or Canada and they would install missiles. As United States has done and is doing, for example in Poland, the Czech Republic and Romania. Here I believe that diplomacy has failed in every sense. Those who lose out are always the poor citizens. 😔

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I know this posting might be off topic.  It is sad that Russia started invading Ukraine for no good and legitimate reason.

Millions of people will suffer and I really hope the madness of Putin in Ukraine will end very soon.  I hope the families and friends of the current participants from Ukraine are safe and well. 

From the current participants that I know of is Tweety and Holly and maybe one or two new girls in B1 & B2 who I am not aware of.

I don't know if I can call it bad luck that Daniela went back to Ukraine and the twins went back to Odyssa. I hope all will be safe and this madness will end soon.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Noodle said:

In fact they betrayed by the Germans with the invasion of Russia in 1941 even though they have signed a mutual non-attack contract. Russia had lost 4 milion men in that war. Therefore Russia doesn't accept NATO enlargement to the east. Especially since they have their Black Sea fleet in the Crimea. Imagine if the Russians went to Cuba again, and then Puerto Rico, Mexico, Hawaii and / or Canada and they would install missiles. As United States has done and is doing, for example in Poland, the Czech Republic and Romania. Here I believe that diplomacy has failed in every sense. Those who lose out are always the poor citizens. 😔

Wars are profitable. That's why they have them.  

15 minutes ago, StnCld316 said:

Wars are profitable. That's why they have them.  

In fact I believe so too, even if it is very sad. Only George W. Bush made it through a huge hole in the U.S. treasury after the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq. Meanwhile, despite all sectors having lost during the Covid period, only the militaristic sector has gained considerably. How strange this world is. 😔

I think NATO will attack Russia sooner or later. There are significant movements of NATO soldiers and arsenal towards the Russian-Bielorusian and Ukranian border, then the Baltic countries, Poland and Romania. Here there is a really big risk. Perhaps it is also a war for raw materials and energy that are in Russia. Between the Latvian border and Moscow there are not even 700 km. 800 American soldiers join the NATO contingent. To me it doesn't seem like an act of defense by NATO but more of an imminent attack against Russia. Agreements are being made with Japan and Australia. And then there is the case of Hunter Biden, son of Joe Biden, a consultant for Burisma, a gas company in Ukraine, and Poroshenko during the Obama presidency. Perhaps therefore Germany should not have put Gas Stream 2 into operation. Bush and Biden understand each other. One for oil and the other for gas? Here I think the air stinks a lot more than we could have imagined. 🤨

2 hours ago, Noodle said:

In fact I believe so too, even if it is very sad. Only George W. Bush made it through a huge hole in the U.S. treasury after the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq. Meanwhile, despite all sectors having lost during the Covid period, only the militaristic sector has gained considerably. How strange this world is. 😔

I agree with you it is a strange world that has costly wars from time to time.  Also, a strange thing is that the five permanent members of the U.N. security council (Who are supposedly responsible for the world peace) are the largest arm dealers in the world.

18 minutes ago, badboylovesgirls said:

I agree with you it is a strange world that has costly wars from time to time.  Also, a strange thing is that the five permanent members of the U.N. security council (Who are supposedly responsible for the world peace) are the largest arm dealers in the world.

I agree with you 😔

4 hours ago, badboylovesgirls said:

I know this posting might be off topic.  It is sad that Russia started invading Ukraine for no good and legitimate reason.

Millions of people will suffer and I really hope the madness of Putin in Ukraine will end very soon.  I hope the families and friends of the current participants from Ukraine are safe and well. 

From the current participants that I know of is Tweety and Holly and maybe one or two new girls in B1 & B2 who I am not aware of.

I don't know if I can call it bad luck that Daniela went back to Ukraine and the twins went back to Odyssa. I hope all will be safe and this madness will end soon.

I agree with you i only hope not only the girls who recently went back home but also those past participants like Megan for one are safe and well with there families or have escaped the conflict. Who knows the apartments maybe bulging at the seams with girls returning. Wars maybe profitable but at the cost of human lives, cities can be rebuilt.

• Like 1