B7 - General Topic 2022 #4 (May / June)

23 minutes ago, thinga69 said:

I Think that a good indication that the user is Italian is that the gender is always masculine due to the translation and they don't care to correct it before posting. 

oh thank god we have a grammar teacher here

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Machevh said:

oh thank god we have a grammar teacher here

I'm the worst at grammar, but it is a little hard to understand at first glance when the genders don't match with what is written. 

I always try to write correctly so whoever's reading can understand what I'm saying.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, thinga69 said:

I'm the worst at grammar, but it is a little hard to understand at first glance when the genders don't match with what is written. 

I always try to write correctly so whoever's reading can understand what I'm saying.

maybe you could change your avatar ... here a suggestion spacer.png

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

29 minutes ago, thinga69 said:

I have the greatest respect for how well many of you manage to communicate in English when it is not your first language.  But unfortunately the last couple of posts from Sergio about Amira and her boyfriend have been impossible to understand because of the he/she, him/her etc. confusion.  I wonder if there is a better online translator for Italian - English that might handle it better.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

We have for several years tried to get him to address she or her, but he will / can not.
The best thing then would have been to use the name and not she / her

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

51 minutes ago, Noldus said:

We have for several years tried to get him to address she or her, but he will / can not.
The best thing then would have been to use the name and not she / her

So I guess he enjoy see the confusion.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, thinga69 said:

So I guess he enjoy see the confusion.

That’s why it is a bit frustrating and unfair for any of us who try to contribute in the forum with the English language  not being our native so as to help with the forum chats flow and not delay with translations and so on ..Of course , there are people who don’t speak English at all and I understand completely posting in their own language , but many times I want to say things with better understanding and emphasize and this could happen If I was using Greek and I am sure the same goes for you speaking Portuguese for example ..Anyway , it is what it is ,I think after a while , the repeated posters you learn to identify by their way of writing what they are trying to communicate .

Sorry for this repeat post but my first one disappeared. Anyway, does anyone know  when Martina's trip starts? The reason I ask is that I noticed a suitcase on Nelly's bed then Bogdan covered it with a bed linen. Probably just a coincidence.

So , Bogdan brought the new girl in B4 and now spending time with Nelly and Molly .. Samson in one more blue balls or simply friendly night with Loraine ..