B1 - General Topic 2022 #29 (July)

23 hours ago, Pete1960 said:

Hmmm our fearless leader Steve is not a subscriber

I'm not a subscriber to RLC but back in the day before all the technological advancements there was a way into RLC without even having to create an e-mail address or needing a password.  There was a backdoor entrance.  All one had to do was find the selected open port and was in where everything could be accessed at that time.  As time went along and advancements to software was made unfortunately the open ports become closed blocking further access. There are always open ports on any website also there are likely updated advanced port sniffers out there that could likely get the job done but I do not have the time to search them out at the present time. 

I have been on RLC's shit list since 2013 and to this very day they try to impede upon anything I post that contains an Image or Video. They do their DMCA Takedown thing to get the content removed and I just keep reuploading them back into place. It's just a vicious continuous circle.  They even went as far as to get my personal e-Mail address and it specifically named me by my given First and Last Name how they ever got the information it has me baffled but I sent a reply back to the sender telling them to go Fuck Themselves.  :biggrin:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StnCld316 said:

I'm not a subscriber to RLC but back in the day before all the technological advancements there was a way into RLC without even having to create an e-mail address or needing a password.  There was a backdoor entrance.  All one had to do was find the selected open port and was in where everything could be accessed at that time.  As time went along and advancements to software was made unfortunately the open ports become closed blocking further access. There are always open ports on any website also there are likely updated advanced port sniffers out there that could likely get the job done but I do not have the time to search them out at the present time. 

I have been on RLC's shit list since 2013 and to this very day they try to impede upon anything I post that contains an Image or Video. They do their DMCA Takedown thing to get the content removed and I just keep reuploading them back into place. It's just a vicious continuous circle.  They even went as far as to get my personal e-Mail address and it specifically named me by my given First and Last Name how they ever got the information it has me baffled but I sent a reply back to the sender telling them to go Fuck Themselves.  :biggrin:

A really personal story and incident shared here , well done mister 😊

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, thinga69 said:

I don't understand the logic of the light switch of the bathroom being outside. 

It may be a safety thing. In the UK it is forbidden to have light switches in bathrooms because if they get wet they are an electrocution hazard. Hence the switch is either outside or it is a pull string which is allowed.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, yadevol said:

It may be a safety thing. In the UK it is forbidden to have light switches in bathrooms because if they get wet they are an electrocution hazard. Hence the switch is either outside or it is a pull string which is allowed.

*laughs in resistance water heater shower*

1 minute ago, yadevol said:

Showers are properly Earthed. Also their water is heated by a gas boiler.

That's sure, if installed correctly.  but I never heard of light switches starting a fire.

In Europe and EUA guess all water are heated by a gas boiler but here about 70% are by electricity. 🤣

1 minute ago, thinga69 said:

That's sure, if installed correctly.  but I never heard of light switches starting a fire.

In Europe and EUA guess all water are heated by a gas boiler but here about 70% are by electricity. 🤣

The issue isn't fire, it is if you touch the switch with wet hands or the switch becomes wet because of steam from a shower condensing in the switch you might get a shock which at 220 V can kill you. It isn't an issue in the US because they only use 110 V which is unlikely to kill you.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, yadevol said:

The issue isn't fire, it is if you touch the switch with wet hands or the switch becomes wet because of steam from a shower condensing in the switch you might get a shock which at 220 V can kill you. It isn't an issue in the US because they only use 110 V which is unlikely to kill you.

I thought that what kill isn't the Voltage but amperage and at 220 you don't get stuck.

But again, that scenario is really rare.