Under Maintenance

By the way, if they could take down, really under maintenance, for some time Carla & Maria apartment as well that should be appreciated, because the lagging make it impossible to watch...  ;)

By the way, if they could take down, really under maintenance, for some time Carla & Maria apartment as well that should appreciated, because the lagging make it impossible to watch...  ;)

LOL, stash that can all be done without putting those apartments in maintenance mode!  The only time it should ever have to go into maintenance mode is if they need to move a camera and some wiring and that should only take about an hour, the rest can be done with tweaks to the system while it's live.  In my younger years that's all I did and we didn't have to take the equipment down to do it!!

What you are suggesting, that they went under maintenance so that they could either have sex or a fight, would mean that they have the ability to take the apartment off line and alter the apartment heading to Under Maintenance by themselves.

Now I really do not think that this is possible so then you will say that they contacted RLC admin to request the taking down of the apartment and I am sure that the admin would not go along with that.

I really do not think it has anything to do with the occupants's wishes but rather the admin of RLC needing to do some work on the system.

Maybe dealing with this kind of setup in that country from the country that the admin is in requires the taking down of the apartment more regularly.

Regardless of why they went to maintenance this time, the fact is that it was an incredibly stupid time to put up a maintenance screen. I mean really. Given all the recent complaints about the suspicious nature of the maintenance interruptions in the past, there is absolutely NO WAY they could have thought they could get away with doing it now after the build-up of the past couple days.

They KNEW that members were hoping to see something exciting and yet they did something this stupid that was GUARANTEED to cause an uproar. It's one of the worst examples of site management and customer relations I have ever seen.

Edited to add: Given the build-up of the last 2 days, they should have done everything possible to ensure that this did NOT happen. This occurrence literally screams to the paying members "We don't care about you". It is a disgrace and it is inexcusable.

Normally I am mostly in agreement with you but here I need to remind you of the logic used here. This would assume that RLC is the center of the world. It may be for some but to others it is just another form of entertainment or purely a job. The heads of RLC likely are not techs. They are management, marketing and bean counters. In most cases companies no longer handle their own IT, especially when the equipment may be spread out world wide. These companies receive work orders and are taken in order or in the case of an emergency, sooner. RLC is not simply plug and play. Believe it or not throughout the world, interrupting a bunch of voyeurs who pay to watch some women in their apartment is not a priority. Additionally many times non emergency requests on weekends wait until Monday. Even though tech companies attempt to schedule at a customers convenience customers rarely are given perfect service. Think of servicing your car. You usually have to wait, parts need to be ordered at times and it usually takes twice as long as promised and costs twice as much as quoted. In the meantime you are inconvenienced or need to get a rental. The mechanic really does not care. He is told to just do his job. One more thing, hackers love to piss people off. Anyone who doesn't believe this site hasn't been hit by hackers at times are as delusional as those who can see through walls, read people's minds and are filled with paranoia. I understand some people feel their priorities should be the center of the universe but it doesn't work that way. The little world you have created in your head has been imagined by you. Of course it could have been inserted anally by aliens but that is another story.

edit: It seems many of us were posting similar thoughts at the same time. It reinforces the notion that great minds DO think alike.(and I am trying to post while doing other things)

By the way, if they could take down, really under maintenance, for some time Carla & Maria apartment as well that should appreciated, because the lagging make it impossible to watch...  ;)

LOL, stash that can all be done without putting those apartments in maintenance mode!  The only time it should ever have to go into maintenance mode is if they need to move a camera and some wiring and that should only take about an hour, the rest can be done with tweaks to the system while it's live.  In my younger years that's all I did and we didn't have to take the equipment down to do it!!

When you have to reset a frozen feed or reroute it to a different server or receiver FIRST you have to shut that feed of, right?? Right!! Now go and tweak your own "system", because an upgrade is long overdue!

By the way, if they could take down, really under maintenance, for some time Carla & Maria apartment as well that should be appreciated, because the lagging make it impossible to watch...  ;)

I think they were forced to put an apartment online before it was planned, because they lost Taya & Madalena apartments. It is easy to get 100/10 (DL / UL) connection, but much time is required if you want 10/100.

one reason why it should go under maintenance is if someone moves in or cams problems or connection problems with rlc anything like that

The only thing it should go down for out of what you just mentioned is for connection problems, and even then if they were running redundant systems that wouldn't even have to happen!  Cam problems can be isolated to that cam that has the problem.  Someone moving in or out on a site that is live 24/7, the cams should not be taken down.  In the case of Taya&Yarik, that was RLC's fault for not taking that apartment down during the physical abuse Taya was under.  RLC should monitor every feed that is being fed to the GP with a 2 minute delay so shit like that doesn't happen!  Could you imagine the law suits RLC would have been under if by chance he had killed her?

one reason why it should go under maintenance is if someone moves in or cams problems or connection problems with rlc anything like that

The only thing it should go down for out of what you just mentioned is for connection problems, and even then if they were running redundant systems that wouldn't even have to happen!  Cam problems can be isolated to that cam that has the problem.  Someone moving in or out on a site that is live 24/7, the cams should not be taken down.  In the case of Taya&Yarik, that was RLC's fault for not taking that apartment down during the physical abuse Taya was under.  RLC should monitor every feed that is being fed to the GP with a 2 minute delay so shit like that doesn't happen!  Could you imagine the law suits RLC would have been under if by chance he had killed her?

Are you going to say that they have to obtain, for example, IBM z-series servers? Bring two internet connections to the apartment buildings from different sides of the house, so that the connection works even if the excavator would break a single line, or to organize a second connection fast enough wireless link? Double up on all the components of a system does not mean a doubling of the price, but its multiplication. Before you ask, yes I've been working with IBM z-series and truly 24/7 high-availability systems.

Everything is technically possible, but either you choose maintenance breaks or price of at least € 500 / month? My choice between those is very clear.

This post is for euromike because he wanted some information on the latest under maintenance issue.

Nora got up and left the apartment before the apartment went under maintenance.

10:04:59 The apartment went under maintenance with both girls in their rooms. Kamila had already been up and I THINK was just waiting for the word that the cams were under maintenance. Kirsty was basically awake is what I was told, nervously fumbling around in bed.

11:25:00 And I might be off on that time by a few seconds the cams came back on.  Kamila only put on a pair of shorts from what she was sleeping in and Kristy was still in her catch me lick me sleep outfit and both on Kamila's bed with big smiles on their faces and acting like nothing had happened. This information was conveyed to me by a good friend of mine that witnessed the cams going down and coming back up.

Voy a hacer una suposición. El contrato de la segunda estancia de Kamila en el apartamento ha sufrido un sustancial incremento de dinero hacia ella por la petición popular nuestra a su regreso, obvio...quizás en ese nuevo contrato, RLC haya puesto unas condiciones y Kamila sus propias condiciones que han sido aceptadas por ambas partes. RLC habrá puesto las condiciones de horarios dentro del apartamento, desnudos en la ducha, algun topless y puede que alguna masturbación siempre bajo las sábanas y Kamila ha aceptado ésto, pero sus condiciones pueden ser de dinero, por supuesto, y si por alguna casualidad quiere tener sexo dentro del apartamento, las cámaras tienen que ir bajo mantenimiento. Esto mismo nunca lo sabremos aunque es otra posibilidad...Aviso, simplemente es una suposición, lo que yo personalmente tengo claro es que quizás pueda haber algún beso ya que es obvio que Kristy y Kamila se atraen pero estoy convencido que en ningún caso vamos a ver ningún atismo de sexo entre ellas dos.

Voy a hacer una suposición. El contrato de la segunda estancia de Kamila en el apartamento ha sufrido un sustancial incremento de dinero hacia ella por la petición popular nuestra a su regreso, obvio...quizás en ese nuevo contrato, RLC haya puesto unas condiciones y Kamila sus propias condiciones que han sido aceptadas por ambas partes. RLC habrá puesto las condiciones de horarios dentro del apartamento, desnudos en la ducha, algun topless y puede que alguna masturbación siempre bajo las sábanas y Kamila ha aceptado ésto, pero sus condiciones pueden ser de dinero, por supuesto, y si por alguna casualidad quiere tener sexo dentro del apartamento, las cámaras tienen que ir bajo mantenimiento. Esto mismo nunca lo sabremos aunque es otra posibilidad...Aviso, simplemente es una suposición, lo que yo personalmente tengo claro es que quizás pueda haber algún beso ya que es obvio que Kristy y Kamila se atraen pero estoy convencido que en ningún caso vamos a ver ningún atismo de sexo entre ellas dos.

LOL. Good one! Somehow, I'd be very surprised if Kamila would accept those terms.  ;D