Re: Paid Memberships Split 2

Howard

I have PM'd your credentials for DirtyBin. You can change your password at anytime. Thanks for letting me know about the e-mail issue, I will get that resolved ASAP.

First of all thanks - I am not having a good day as my mail server is down now (but not before) and no Leora  :(

Did you mean you PM'd me or DirtyBin? I assume the latter since I have not got a PM.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The e-mail issue has been fixed and the server has been upgraded.

Thank You,

Admin

Thanks. In case you're wondering where i am in my effort to subscribe, Kaspersky went bonkers when I tried to go to the payment page so who knows I might gave Giftrocket another ago despite the fee and not knowing which state to claim I'm in.

In the meantime I hope my Leora pictures are some contribution? No, I know i need to pay the sub.

Also on dirtybin when you join it asks your name which I put in with reservations. Surely that page could have been https?

Updtate

Specifically "Sorry, there was a problem loading Checkout.

If this persists, please try a different browser." in more than 1 pop=up window.

Something on the site makes an attempt to access Speedbit Updater whichever browser I use. Yesterday I uninstalled anything related to Speedbit bu there must be something dodgy on the site.

Thanks. In case you're wondering where i am in my effort to subscribe, Kaspersky went bonkers when I tried to go to the payment page so who knows I might gave Giftrocket another ago despite the fee and not knowing which state to claim I'm in.

In the meantime I hope my Leora pictures are some contribution? No, I know i need to pay the sub.

Also on dirtybin when you join it asks your name which I put in with reservations. Surely that page could have been https?

Updtate

Specifically "Sorry, there was a problem loading Checkout.

If this persists, please try a different browser." in more than 1 pop=up window.

Something on the site makes an attempt to access Speedbit Updater whichever browser I use. Yesterday I uninstalled anything related to Speedbit bu there must be something dodgy on the site.

Which payment option did you try to use? Thanks to your suggestion the site is now full HTTPS. We don't get any of your payment details, all payments are handled by a third party payment processor. You can use whatever name/info you want to create the DirtyBin account, when you make a payment all the system does is associate the paid subscription with your DirtyBin user account. As far as the "SpeedBit" issue, I have never seen nor heard of it. There are a total of 3 ads on the site, none of which try to install software. It sounds like a malware/spyware issue on your computer.

As I suspected: "Go.Speedbit.com got on your computer after you have installed a freeware software (video recording/streaming, download-managers or PDF creators) that had bundled into their installation this browser hijacker."

Removal: http://malwaretips.com/blogs/go-speedbit-com-virus-removal/

Which payment option did you try to use? Thanks to your suggestion the site is now full HTTPS. We don't get any of your payment details, all payments are handled by a third party payment processor. You can use whatever name/info you want to create the DirtyBin account, when you make a payment all the system does is associate the paid subscription with your DirtyBin user account. As far as the "SpeedBit" issue, I have never seen nor heard of it. There are a total of 3 ads on the site, none of which try to install software. It sounds like a malware/spyware issue on your computer.

As I suspected: "Go.Speedbit.com got on your computer after you have installed a freeware software (video recording/streaming, download-managers or PDF creators) that had bundled into their installation this browser hijacker."

Removal: http://malwaretips.com/blogs/go-speedbit-com-virus-removal/

Wow, but it's never affected any other site. I am not sure I want to install those other programs but will seek a solution with Kaspersky. they must know about this. Thanks for your help.

Something has seriously gone wrong, now Kaspersky is suspicious of Task manager.

UPDATE

I don't think it's to do with dirty per se but with every trace of speedbit gone and the system rebooted twice after a virus check. it is when I press on sprite (the payment method) every goes wrong after that. No you could be right about it being the Speedbit problem, but I have used speedbit for years and no problem until I tried to pay. So just reiterate. as soon as I try to pay that's when something goes

off. My last hope is to try to pay through Gift Rocket on another machine, because I am certainly not putting my credit card details into this one.

:( Several hours of trying on 2 PCs and still no luck. Managed to circumvent Kaspersky on the other PC but swipe or whatever its called seemed pretty insecure. Giftrocket is OK only if your American - I presume you match a real state with a real zipcode but then it raises big questions about their level of security. 

This is all PayPal's fault.

One question is how would you avoid renewal of the 3 month subscription to dirtybin?

:( Several hours of trying on 2 PCs and still no luck. Managed to circumvent Kaspersky on the other PC but swipe or whatever its called seemed pretty insecure. Giftrocket is OK only if your American - I presume you match a real state with a real zipcode but then it raises big questions about their level of security. 

This is all PayPal's fault.

One question is how would you avoid renewal of the 3 month subscription to dirtybin?

We have successfully and without complaint received payments via Bitcoin, Payza, and Stripe. If you are still having issues I would suggest speaking with an IT professional to resolve them. Our payment systems are working for 99.9% of users, and they are regularly tested. Additionally, our payment processors follow industry best practices and abide by the requirements put forward by the major credit card companies.

- Admin

We have successfully and without complaint received payments via Bitcoin, Payza, and Stripe. If you are still having issues I would suggest speaking with an IT professional to resolve them. Our payment systems are working for 99.9% of users, and they are regularly tested. Additionally, our payment processors follow industry best practices and abide by the requirements put forward by the major credit card companies.

- Admin

My apologies, I have a had a tough night. BTW I am an IT professional and designed systems for many major banks, so I guess my problems are what you might call ironic.