fight between zoya and lev

I didn't see the beginning but did see the middle.  She was hitting him hard and ripped his shirt.  He was spitting at her hair and face and she was too.  Very weird that they laugh now.  I must not understand the Russian culture or relationships.

The way they are reacting was this a game?

that was not a game,they have just all a serious problem,i understand now why zoya want stay with lev,she have a problem too,

i change my opinion with her,very dissaponted with what i have see tonight here

DaMutt, You are 100% correct about him being taking away!

And to john123 and who else has the video? I would like to see it!

After all, it is what it is and this is why watch and share?

As I understand and saw the pictures she will not be disrespected!

I didn't see the beginning but did see the middle.  She was hitting him hard and ripped his shirt.  He was spitting at her hair and face and she was too.  Very weird that they laugh now.  I must not understand the Russian culture or relationships.

I think it's a little ignorant (pardon the word) to say this is Russian culture. We've seen plenty of Russian couples on this site and none of them have acted in this sort of immature way like them. Zoya and Lev are not indicative of the entire Russian culture. This is just the weird dynamic of their relationship. Plenty of U.S. couples act in a similar manner. Doesn't mean they're representative of the entire U.S. culture.

that was not a game,they have just all a serious problem,i understand now why zoya want stay with lev,she have a problem too,

i change my opinion with her,very dissaponted with what i have see tonight here

This has happened before in this apartment. Zoya put on dark glasses to hide the bruising and had her coat on to leave once, but Lev wouldn't let her. It seems very likely that she suffers from what is typically called the "battered wife syndrome" which is very, very common in these kinds of relationships. The woman (sometimes the man) that is battered by their partner will actually defend them and say they didn't mean it or they will actually take on the blame themselves saying that they "provoked" their partner and therefore deserved the abuse.

It is a sickness. It is not something to blame her for. It is also not a sign of weakness on her part. It's the illness and requires counseling to overcome.

I'm only a month visit the RLC and then irregularly. But I'm not surprised by this scene. Conversely I expected something like this. Because I'm Russian and I understand what they are saying.

I was shocked by interrelations of this couple from the very beginning. They almost do not call each other by name. They call each other "Chipik". I did not understand what it is. They constantly use swearing in his speech. It's hard to convey it in English. We call it "Russian mat". They just are talking using expletives. Zoya to a lesser extent, and Lev is constantly much.

Lev is constantly used in reference to Zoya the words, insulted and humiliated her. This all happens in the normal household conversations. Sometimes jokingly, sometimes quite seriously. But always. I have not heard of their conversation, where Lev is not used in its address swearing and insults. Zoya perceives this calmly and even with a smile. I believe that for them it is normal communication style.

Here is an example: Lev calls Zoya nonentity. He says that it is not held as a person. He says that it stinks of shit. He calls her a little crud. (I do not guarantee accuracy of the translation, because they do not speak English and use the Google translator. But I think you understand the meaning.) And all this happens in a normal conversation, without any reason on her part. It seems to be even jokingly.

Zoya perceives this calmly. Smile. Teased him. But the use of by an order less than the swearing. Their guest also perceives this all calmly and with a smile.

But sometimes Zoya does not like it. She reacts nervously to his words and insults him back. Tension grows and results in a similar scenes.

I do not know why she tolerates it. I do not understand. I think it already from area of medicine.

Add to this that Lev is constantly walking around the apartment in a T-shirt, underpants and socks (sometimes wrapped grandmother's shawl). He is downer, pompous, ambitious and unpleasant in communication. I refuse to understand that keeps Zoya near this bastard.

Expression in these relationships adds that they are all artists of the theater. Judging by their conversations and mentioned names they are working in the (EDITED) in St. Petersburg. Not the first troupe of course. This, of course, my assumption.

• Upvote 2

On ‎2016‎-‎02‎-‎15 at 4:43 AM, Yury said:

I'm only a month visit the RLC and then irregularly. But I'm not surprised by this scene. Conversely I expected something like this. Because I'm Russian and I understand what they are saying.

I was shocked by interrelations of this couple from the very beginning. They almost do not call each other by name. They call each other "Chipik". I did not understand what it is. They constantly use swearing in his speech. It's hard to convey it in English. We call it "Russian mat". They just are talking using expletives. Zoya to a lesser extent, and Lev is constantly much.

Lev is constantly used in reference to Zoya the words, insulted and humiliated her. This all happens in the normal household conversations. Sometimes jokingly, sometimes quite seriously. But always. I have not heard of their conversation, where Lev is not used in its address swearing and insults. Zoya perceives this calmly and even with a smile. I believe that for them it is normal communication style.

Here is an example: Lev calls Zoya nonentity. He says that it is not held as a person. He says that it stinks of shit. He calls her a little crud. (I do not guarantee accuracy of the translation, because they do not speak English and use the Google translator. But I think you understand the meaning.) And all this happens in a normal conversation, without any reason on her part. It seems to be even jokingly.

Zoya perceives this calmly. Smile. Teased him. But the use of by an order less than the swearing. Their guest also perceives this all calmly and with a smile.

But sometimes Zoya does not like it. She reacts nervously to his words and insults him back. Tension grows and results in a similar scenes.

I do not know why she tolerates it. I do not understand. I think it already from area of medicine.

Add to this that Lev is constantly walking around the apartment in a T-shirt, underpants and socks (sometimes wrapped grandmother's shawl). He is downer, pompous, ambitious and unpleasant in communication. I refuse to understand that keeps Zoya near this bastard.

Expression in these relationships adds that they are all artists of the theater. Judging by their conversations and mentioned names they are working in the (EDITED) in St. Petersburg. Not the first troupe of course. This, of course, my assumption.

yuri merci beaucoup pour tes explications!!! cela me stupéfie, parce que je ne pensais pas que lev était aussi con!!! je n'aurai jamais pensé qu'il rabaissait zoya dans toutes leurs discutions, surtout qu'ils ont souvent l'air de rigoler!!! lev n'est qu'un raté, fainéant et sans talent, alors que zoya est surprenante dans son métier!!! zoya est une actrice douée, qui tient le premier rôle, dans une pièce de théâtre à succès, alors que la guest et lev, n'ont que des seconds rôles!!! lev doit se sentir rabaisser face à zoya, et il tente de la rabaisser tous les jours, pour faire croire qu'il est supérieur à elle!!! ce que je ne comprends pas, c'est pourquoi zoya lui pardonne si facilement!!!!

yuri thank you very much for your explanations !!! it amazes me, because I did not think lev was also con !!! I never thought it demeaned zoya in all their discussing, especially since they often seem to laugh !!! Lev is a misfire, lazy and untalented, while zoya is surprising in his craft !!! zoya is a talented actress, which the stars in a successful play, while the guest and lev, have only supporting roles !!! lev should feel belittle zoya face, and he tries to belittle every day, to make believe that it is over !!! I do not understand is why zoya forgive him so easily !!!! :-\ :-\ :-\ ;)

yuri merci beaucoup pour tes explications!!! cela me stupéfie, parce que je ne pensais pas que lev était aussi con!!! je n'aurai jamais pensé qu'il rabaissait zoya dans toutes leurs discutions, surtout qu'ils ont souvent l'air de rigoler!!! lev n'est qu'un raté, fainéant et sans talent, alors que zoya est surprenante dans son métier!!! zoya est une actrice douée, qui tient le premier rôle, dans une pièce de théâtre à succès, alors que la guest et lev, n'ont que des seconds rôles!!! lev doit se sentir rabaisser face à zoya, et il tente de la rabaisser tous les jours, pour faire croire qu'il est supérieur à elle!!! ce que je ne comprends pas, c'est pourquoi zoya lui pardonne si facilement!!!!

yuri thank you very much for your explanations !!! it amazes me, because I did not think lev was also con !!! I never thought it demeaned zoya in all their discussing, especially since they often seem to laugh !!! Lev is a misfire, lazy and untalented, while zoya is surprising in his craft !!! zoya is a talented actress, which the stars in a successful play, while the guest and lev, have only supporting roles !!! lev should feel belittle zoya face, and he tries to belittle every day, to make believe that it is over !!! I do not understand is why zoya forgive him so easily !!!! :-\ :-\ :-\ ;)

l'amour rend aveugle, je crois que pas mal de monde connait cette expression

Et malheureusement de temps en temps ça clash

Merci yuri, pour ton commentaire et certaines explications

Mais ça ne choc personne de voir que lev est encore plus inutile qu'avant en espérant qu'un jour elle ouvre réellement les yeux

car on ne fait pas sa vie avec une personne qui te rabaisse et te jalouse constamment même en étant russe avec une autre culture

Thanks for giving your impression of what is going on, Yuri. It's appreciated. I saw the part where the policeman was knocking at the door and ringing the bell over and over and was not surprised at all that Lev acted like such a coward and wouldn't answer the door. He kept trying to get Zoya to open it. He seemed terrified.

l'amour rend aveugle, je crois que pas mal de monde connait cette expression

Oui, et ça dépend aussi de la personnalité - certaines femmes sont plus soumises que d'autres - et du vécu. Si dans ton enfance  tu as été rabaissée par tes parents ou tes proches, ben malheureusement à l'âge adulte ça ne te choque pas :idk:

And it also depends on one's personality - some women are more submissive than others - and how you were brought up. If your parents or close relations have always disrespected you, as an adult you end up not being shocked by a partner that treats you like that :idk: unfortunately