Juke Box Split #6

woodworker

I've been faulted before for my habit of posting sad blues songs.

OK. Fine.

Time for some fun Doo-Wop stuff that's more in line with the spirit of CamCaps. Don't forget to sing along. Newer version. Bunch of us old guys. Sounds terrific.

• Like 2

I may have posted this before because I love it. It may be the greatest cover of all time. The song is of course epic, the music, the lyrics added to the production and just the right voice. I think it's unbeatable. Emotional as well and for some reason I always associated B4's Avi with this song

• Like 1

Last night The King of British Comedy, Sir Ken Dodd died aged 90. He died in the house he was born in. Unbelievably he had 18 hit records including 2 of the biggest singles of all time but this was his signature tune. I went to one of his shows. The people next to me had brought a thermos. They knew what we didn't ... it was a lock-in! He finished way past midnight. Famously at his trial for tax evasion he told the court "Well it was the Inland Revenue and i live by the sea". It didn't matter what evidence was against him because as far as the people of Liverpool he could do no wrong. I make no claims for this musically but he was a legend, still packing out every theatre at 90.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...