State of the World

On 6/1/2016 at 7:23 AM, kalevipoeg said:

First I thought Donald Trump has joined CC, but then I noticed it´s TBG 150.

I have been in the U.S. perhaps 20 times but do not see much attraction there any more. 20 years ago, the border formalities for anybody, Europeans as well, were extremely impolite and horrible in every way, worse than in Russia or East-Berlin. We had to stand one hour in line and then the officers asked us, among other things, if we really had a good reason for coming to the U:S: I was many times about to say that I would not want to come here but I´m forced because my job requires the visit, it´s not voluntary. Since that, the immigration officers and the procedure as a whole has become much more friendly, as if the country now understood that the visitors are important for the economy. But lately, the tunes have become different - some of you want to close the borders and throw all poor people away - of course not us more wealthy.

Of course there are big difficulties in the global world nowadays, but the sad thing is we have to solve them, not close our borders in front of these difficulties and think the problems belong to somebody else, not to the Americans. Ever heard of solidarity? I guess that is a Leftist word to you, and you won´t change your mind anyway. Your jeremiad represents the new style in politics that has become popular in the U.S. lately - ...get this country back in shape...I feel both frustrated and sad when I follow your politics, but it´s of course up to you, which direction you take. The Chinese were able to build the Great Wall thousands of years ago, so why couldn´t the Americans do the same, though the country is so huge? A modern wall, guarded on land, at sea, in air. Guards with a gun standing by the wall at 50 meter intervals - I´m sure you have enough guns in the U.S. for managing this, and if you haven´t got enough "pure Americans" (does that mean Indians?), I am sure many of your hardworking immigrants can join.

TBG 150, I´m sure you have a gun and will volunteer. Which position would you want to take? Mexican border? JFK Airport? Washington D.C. main street?

I don't know how old you are but TBG and I have been around long enough to see many changes. I have visited most European countries, both for work and for play, and I had fun, but I also had problems with bigotry; except in England (UK). As a rule the older generation were friendly and helpful while many of the young were rude and in some cases inconsiderate. I found them to be politically driven towards that. Many young Germans have forgotten about the horrible imperialistic invasions of WWI and II and that after WWII we helped rebuild their infrastructure; Japan's too. The US spends a hell of a lot more in caring for the downtrodden of the world than ANY other country in the world; that includes the Vatican . Our country is comprised of immigrant folks from every European, African, and Asian country. They are included as Americans too, though some think they should be given special consideration. Our problems are with the ones who snuck over and are living on the government dole, and want us to change for them. It isn't just Mexico and the middle east, it is also China that sneaks people in; though we don't say as much because the media doesn't make it an issue and it stays quiet. We need to close our borders because things have gotten out of hand and it is time to slow down and re-assess how we are going correct our homeland problems before we fail. Don't ever forget that if the US fails so will EVERY other country in the world...even the one where you live. You may not think so but it is so. You know the immigration problems in Europe are terrible and yet you are yelling at us and calling us racists and bigots for wanting to stem the tide before it is to late . You can't even defend yourselves because you gave up your rights to self-protection or just aren't motivated to make it stop. We Americans, are getting ready to step up to the plate and put a stop to the issues in our county, as we think you should do before you start telling us how we should act. When, or if, your country becomes as deep and broad a cultural melting pot as ours maybe you'll understand, until then keep in mind European countries have a bigger problem than we do and hopefully we won't let ours get bigger.

• Upvote 1

Yes, I do remember the Solidarity movement. I also remember our fight for independance from England. Both were for good reasons. I also haven't forgotten that, while the solidarity movement helped, in it's way, bring down communism in Russia, it has since become mostly a labor union with about the same membership as our AFL-CIO (labor union). Our movement to freedom, on the other hand, became the most powerful country in the world that was instrumental in stopping the German invasion of Europe and Russia (and Japanese imperialism). Something that your country (or continent) was not going to be able to do.

Yes, we have our problems but then we are a fairly large country with lots of folks. 

• Upvote 1

The news outlets are now issuing warnings to all travelers who might be intending on visiting Europe and France, that there is a high degree of a terrorist threat now looming over there.

In the meantime, those same European leaders are currently thinking,.. 'Hey, why don't we increase the number of Syrian refugees to our countries.'   'Then those terrorist will see how welcoming and loving we are towards them, and they won't feel a need to want to attack or kill us.'

Hillary Clinton also wants to open up the flood gates and let as many of them in as possible.    It's not that she likes them, or even cares about them, as much as it is that she has taken in large sums of money from the Muslim community, and also wants to increase the Anti-American, Democrat party voting base.    

Europe use to bring in huge revenues from tourism, but now that is down dramatically.   And that is all due to the derange liberal mindset of the current European leaders, and the fools who voted them into power.    

• Upvote 1

If Hillary Clinton gets elected, it will be the end of America.    The land of hopes and dreams will be dead forever.

The biggest threat to America will come from within, and not from those of foreign adversaries,.. Benjamin Franklin

Without a robust economy, with thriving, innovating, industries, you can not remain a world power.

If you noticed, China doesn't intend to make the same mistakes as this country has.

They don't allow MTV, or any of the other liberal nonsense that only promotes stupidity among the young.    And there isn't any of that political correctness nonsense there either.

Political correctness is really nothing more than a political contrivance, as I had mentioned once before.   And something that you never even heard of back in the fifties, or sixties.    

It has nothing to do with being correct, or of that of being polite, or of common decency.     Three things that are all foreign to that of a liberal.   But is merely a device meant to bully opposing people into being too afraid to even voice their own opinion of what they know in their minds to be true.    And in my opinion, to succumb to this form of intimidation, is an act of sheer cowardice on that of many peoples part. 

• Upvote 3

I should have quoted the reference to this reply, but since I didn't it is in regards to you reply concerning the European consortium.

Don't forget, Woody, we are doing the same thing. Through self inflicted ignorance and passivity we are slowly succombing to that which we detest. The mindset of the general populace is going have to change dramatically before that will happen. Why is it that our millenials always seem emulate the lowest of our society such as mediocre work ethic, making others pay for our stuff (especially taught in business schools), and never taking responsibilty for our mistakes and fixing them. Have you seen the way they dress, hear the way they speak, their lack of respect toward authority right or wrong, etc. It's because we parents, as a whole, have allowed them to grow unchecked and undisciplined since the 60's. We brought this on ourselves and it is going to be a fight to fix it.

Remember the video, you posted, of a girl's speech to Hillary? Though I agreed with her mostly, I couldn't listen to the whole thing because she couldn't stop adding unnecessary adjectives and other pointless insults (a benefit only for her own ego), and stick to the point. These are things I learned when I was in Junior High grammer and writing classes. As I do here when I write. I agree with her, but undisciplined rants rarely achieve their goals. 

• Upvote 1

Your quite right Watcher.  

I recently read something that Lee Iacocca had said, where he asked,.. "Where is the outrage?" 

Even at age 94, it was a scathing attack upon us as a society, in allowing such dishonest and corrupt leaders to destroy this once great country.   

However, You and I both know, that it is the Democrats that have been actively seeking ways to undermine the Constitution, and many of our God given rights, in order to wield a more totalitarian, dictator type control over the people in this country. 

They are the enemy that Benjamin Franklin first alluded to.

• Upvote 4

7 minutes ago, woodworker said:

Your quite right Watcher.  

I recently read something that Lee Iacocca had said, where he asked,.. "Where is the outrage?" 

Even at age 94, it was a scathing attack upon us as a society, in allowing such dishonest and corrupt leaders to destroy this once great country.   

However, You and I both know, that it is the Democrats that have been actively seeking ways to undermine the Constitution, and many of our God given rights, in order to wield a more totalitarian, dictator type control over the people in this country. 

They are the enemy that Benjamin Franklin first alluded to.

You are absofreakinglutely correct 100%!!!!!

• Upvote 2

J.F.K., a Democrat, wasn't assassinated because he was a Democrat, but because he went against the uprising of the Globalists. He didn't want to carry out the agenda set forth. The Bushes and Clintons stepped right up.