Voyeur-House.TV - Part 1

Ugh, very sorry guys this happened today. We didn't expect it to take this much time and we weren't prepared properly too. So our data center guys decided to move some of equipment to other locations, that's why we were cut off for some time. Yes, there won't be recordings in Timeline for what happened during the time the streams were offline. That's not like NVR/DVR kind of things.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Voyeur House TV said:

Ugh, very sorry guys this happened today. We didn't expect it to take this much time and we weren't prepared properly too. So our data center guys decided to move some of equipment to other locations, that's why we were cut off for some time. Yes, there won't be recordings in Timeline for what happened during the time the streams were offline. That's not like NVR/DVR kind of things.

Why couldn't they do this midweek instead of a Saturday?  The overnights from Friday and Saturday are generally party nights and their aftermaths. 

4 minutes ago, Voyeur House TV said:

As I said before its impossible to prevent this. Sometime everybody running a web service will suffer from it. Its Murphys law. Be positive and smile. For you that time happened and it will be okay now :biggrin:

5 minutes ago, Kkru394 said:

Why couldn't they do this midweek instead of a Saturday?  The overnights from Friday and Saturday are generally party nights and their aftermaths. 

Because normally could be other companies/projects at the same equipment... Regular schedule for companies are monday-friday... So Hosting companies normally do this kind of stuff during the night and at weekend

But don't worry, nothing special was lost... it was one of the 'worst' friday night i ever assist 

I stop viewing more or less at 7 am (local time) and only Lisa was doing something (Only can talk by free cams) and normally in the morning all house are sleeping till 13-14 (local time)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jabbath1987 said:

Well I dont know any big company who did not have a complete downtime yet. Its just inevitable. Sometime every website will suffer from it. Its just a matter of time. You can think you have done all possible to prevent it and it will happen anyways. Thats Murphys law. Important is after getting the servers up again to implement methods to stop happening it in the future again. 

It was not directly questioning the validity of the technical question but rather stating that almost 80% of the apartments here were in DEFCON condition. (2, maybe).

One thing we'll admit, really rare.

Well now the servers are ok, the files taken back and the amount of time available to make it happen.

The question for this weekend is:

AND????!:huh:

19hs now there and excluding Nina & Alan, we can bet with eyes closed that will not stay in "white".:biggrin:.Not even an "argument" between them.

The others can hear the wind through the cams,::)

11 hours ago, Chip2020 said:

I guess, for me, the timing is probably as good as any for VH to run maintenance on their servers . I live in Southwest Florida, USA and it looks like Hurricane Irma is tracking straight for my house. If I survive this, I'm sure I won't have any electricity or internet for quite a while, so you probably won't be seeing my posts on here for a little while.

I'll see you guys on the other side of this storm. :cry: 

at201711_ensmodel.gif  0   19.75 kB

Just want to thank everyone who wished us luck here in Florida. Hopefully your prayers and mine will be answered and no lives will be lost during Hurricane Irmas's encounter with the state of Florida.

We are starting to experience wind gusts already, but the brunt of the storm is expected to effect where I live on Sunday and into Monday morning. We'll see what happens then. Thanks again for all your kind thoughts and words.   :heart:

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Chip2020 said:

Just want to thank everyone who wished us luck here in Florida. Hopefully your prayers and mine will be answered and no lives will be lost during Hurricane Irmas's encounter with the state of Florida.

We are starting to experience wind gusts already, but the brunt of the storm is expected to effect where I live on Sunday and into Monday morning. We'll see what happens then. Thanks again for all your kind thoughts and words.   :heart:

I hope the best for you. Stay safe my friend. Last I heard is it won't be as bad as expected. :heart:

• Like 1