Barcelona Apt. #1 - General Chat Comments, Quotes & Thanks for Pictures & Videos (2016)

3 minutes ago, Frankster said:

It's correct that in some setups there can be motion detectors done in software, and from the few cameras that can be seen (one of the bathrooms, I think it's in Desirees apt), it looks like a type of camera that they do it in software at the server side. Other cameras do have motion detection build in, but it's then a sensor of it's own, and I can't recall it's been on those type of cameras. (Yes, I have worked with these types of cameras).

The annoying click that is heard is most likely the relè for the IR light for the night camera mode. It's a seperate light, not build in. They should have adjusted the light threshold for the nightmode, so it either trigger with more or less light, so we could get have less of the switching moments.

The most likely reaseon there isn't a night mode in bathrooms, is because it's cheaper to have a camera without it. So in stead of RLC paying for a new setup in Barca 1 and 2, they have inforced that if they turn those lights off, they must have a different light sours there. Which again is why they never turn those lights off.

I was recently discussing the cameras with someone on here, and it seems that the cameras which we can see (in the bathrooms at Maya and Zoyas) are waterproof, as these cameras are different to the cameras in the rest of the apartments. There was a moment a couple of weeks ago where Kristy left her laptop on her bed facing the camera, and on the black screen you could see perfectly the reflection of the camera - it looked more like a CCTV camera, much larger than those in the bathrooms

• Replies 63.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Noldus

• Dreamer24

• legrandrobert

• euromike69

10 minutes ago, Benfold said:

I was recently discussing the cameras with someone on here, and it seems that the cameras which we can see (in the bathrooms at Maya and Zoyas) are waterproof, as these cameras are different to the cameras in the rest of the apartments. There was a moment a couple of weeks ago where Kristy left her laptop on her bed facing the camera, and on the black screen you could see perfectly the reflection of the camera - it looked more like a CCTV camera, much larger than those in the bathrooms

Yes we can see the bathroom cameras at Nina's or at Zoya"s.

They are differents than the standard cams in the appartment

13 minutes ago, Frankster said:

The most likely reaseon there isn't a night mode in bathrooms, is because it's cheaper to have a camera without it. So in stead of RLC paying for a new setup in Barca 1 and 2, they have inforced that if they turn those lights off, they must have a different light sours there. Which again is why they never turn those lights off.

Interesting point. but  It seems that only all girls appartment and maybe Leora's never switch off the bathroom light. All others tenants switch the light off when they leave the bathroom.

My theory is when the camera does not support night vision, the video is very very noisy and the broadcast stream has a huge bitrate. RLC has statistics and knows that some members have the bathrooms cams all day long on their screen (probably for recording and catching something when they are out). So RLC ask the girls to keep the bathrooms with light on

1 hour ago, Benfold said:

I think what winn was saying is that the motion detection green dot is displaying on Barca 1 even though the apt is under maintenance, specifically it is displaying in Anna's room. I think it is most likely a glitch

Fan is on.

39 minutes ago, Benfold said:

They normaly has the same thing on the inside.

22 minutes ago, DES7469 said:

Fan is on.

Yes of course, but when it went under M there were other people in the house, and they were not triggering the motion detector green dots in the rooms they were in. Usually if an apt is UM, whether there are people in the apt or not the motion detector notifications do not show.

But this is a very unimportant subject :biggrin:

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, phantomcapsnet said:

Interesting point. but  It seems that only all girls appartment and maybe Leora's never switch off the bathroom light. All others tenants switch the light off when they leave the bathroom.

My theory is when the camera does not support night vision, the video is very very noisy and the broadcast stream has a huge bitrate. RLC has statistics and knows that some members have the bathrooms cams all day long on their screen (probably for recording and catching something when they are out). So RLC ask the girls to keep the bathrooms with light on

K&K bathroom cameras have an IR mode . When the Angel Julia took a shower the night of Kristy's birthday party they turned off the lights and lit candles. The image was black and white (IR mode). I don't know if there is an IR light bulb though, the image was pretty bright but maybe the candles were enough.