17 hours ago, letsdothis said:

Comments from a few pages back, got me thinking and this is the result. This is not
directed at anyone in particular and it's not an accusation hurled at anyone, at all. I'm
just saying. So, please keep your hate mail to yourselves.

Having a high IQ doesn't necessarily make you an intelligent person. It could mean
you just have a higher propensity at learning how to be an idiot, or maybe even a
bigger idiot, little by little.

Intelligence, or smartness, if you like, comes not from a number, but from living,
and gaining life experience along the way. Hopefully, you can turn some of that
experience into knowledge. And, if you're truly lucky, you learn how to change
that knowledge and experience into wisdom. That's when you no longer have a
need or desire to brag about how smart you are or how high your IQ is.

Take Einstein, for example. He had an IQ of only 160, but he was predisposed to
using his knowledge and experience to become a very wise man, helping people
the world over, in many ways.

I say, "only 160," because there have been many people since, who have, or had,
much higher IQs than Einstein's. Some so high they couldn't be measured (around
300, or so). They were off the charts, literally.

Does that higher number give them the proclivity to become wiser people, or just bigger
idiots? I would say 'yes' on both counts, but I'm certainly not the one to judge.

On the other side of that Einstein coin, take a look at Trump. I don't know his IQ. He
would probably say it's very high, and maybe it is. But, after the kakistocracy he's
created, I think most of the country would rather he not be President, IMO. He hasn't
used his experience and knowledge to become a very wise person, IMO.

You really can't have it both ways let's do this.  By that I mean you can't imply myself or anyone else was "bragging" about how smart they were or how having a high a IQ can make you a bigger idiot by engaging in machinations relative to your meanings and thoughts.  In other words, you felt the need to step in the shit:  Now own it and take the pushback!  I would have to believe your comment was directed to me in that I responded to a person who told me to get back at him when my IQ was above 90.  I merely stated mine was recently measured at 151.  

I never stated I was full of wisdom or even very smart.  Hell, if I was full or wisdom and super smart I would not waste my money or my time perusing voyeur cam sites and/responding to some of the people here  I let get under my skin.  Moreover, if I was really smart I would not post some of the stupid inconsiderate missives I do.  (Apologies to those who were offended by some of my previous posts.)

In response to my statement about being a Trump Supporter.  I do believe voting for Trump was a less than intelligent thing to do but I understand why some people did.  What I cannot understand is why those same people continue to support him.  After what him and his minions have done to my country in less than 6-months; not to mention the disrespect he has shown and brought upon the office he holds I cannot understand how anyone with even a even semi-normal bit of intelligence can still support him.  Conversely, this is not the place to argue politics so I will not respond to any arguments in this forum about political matters.

However, I digress.  In short, you felt you could speak out with your cute little musings and that's ok.  I believe that what forums like this are for.  But please, don't start off a post that literally cries out in the night for a response by asking to keep the hate mail to ourselves.  You post, you take what comes back at you.  If you can't handle the responses, be like a church house mouse, "verdi verdi quiet".:biggrin:

And with this I'm off to bed.  I need my beauty rest and if you saw me you'd probably advise I get 16-hours a night.  ::)

• Upvote 2

16 hours ago, Unsichtbarer said:

It means Too Long Didn't Read.

It's often used when someone wrote a wall of text and give you a brief summary of the written text.

Since you answered my question to Hector, I take it you didn't like my, "wall of text".
What 's the matter, Hidden, you don't like to read? That's how you learn stuff. :biggrin::angel:

I'm just yanking your chain. Don't turn the dogs loose on me. Thanks a lot for the
translation. Much appreciated.

15 hours ago, mic351 said:

You really can't have it both ways let's do this.  By that I mean you can't imply myself or anyone else was "bragging" about how smart they were or how having a high a IQ can make you a bigger idiot by engaging in machinations relative to your meanings and thoughts.  In other words, you felt the need to step in the shit:  Now own it and take the pushback!  I would have to believe your comment was directed to me in that I responded to a person who told me to get back at him when my IQ was above 90.  I merely stated mine was recently measured at 151.  

I never stated I was full of wisdom or even very smart.  Hell, if I was full or wisdom and super smart I would not waste my money or my time perusing voyeur cam sites and/responding to some of the people here  I let get under my skin.  Moreover, if I was really smart I would not post some of the stupid inconsiderate missives I do.  (Apologies to those who were offended by some of my previous posts.)

In response to my statement about being a Trump Supporter.  I do believe voting for Trump was a less than intelligent thing to do but I understand why some people did.  What I cannot understand is why those same people continue to support him.  After what him and his minions have done to my country in less than 6-months; not to mention the disrespect he has shown and brought upon the office he holds I cannot understand how anyone with even a even semi-normal bit of intelligence can still support him.  Conversely, this is not the place to argue politics so I will not respond to any arguments in this forum about political matters.

However, I digress.  In short, you felt you could speak out with your cute little musings and that's ok.  I believe that what forums like this are for.  But please, don't start off a post that literally cries out in the night for a response by asking to keep the hate mail to ourselves.  You post, you take what comes back at you.  If you can't handle the responses, be like a church house mouse, "verdi verdi quiet".:biggrin:

And with this I'm off to bed.  I need my beauty rest and if you saw me you'd probably advise I get 16-hours a night.  ::)

mic, let me say right up front, I never lie...ever. Not knowingly, at least. It's just too
much damn trouble and gets too complicated. The only exception to that is if I'm
joking with someone. Now, you don't know me, so you didn't know that about me.
But, I wanted to make sure you know it now, so you never have cause to ever again,
question anything I say.

So, let me reiterate once more: My comments were not directed at you or anyone
else. I read some stuff, it started me thinking, in a different direction from what I read,
actually and I started writing. I didn't even know who wrote what I was reading and I
didn't care.

And what's really funny, certainly to me, is I had not read a single word that anyone
had said about Trump, anywhere. Until you told me in this reply, I didn't know you
had said anything at all, about Trump. My comment about Trump, was simply an
opposite comparison to Einstein. It was not about politics.

14 minutes ago, letsdothis said:

mic, let me say right up front, I never lie...ever. Not knowingly, at least. It's just too
much damn trouble and gets too complicated. The only exception to that is if I'm
joking with someone. Now, you don't know me, so you didn't know that about me.
But, I wanted to make sure you know it now, so you never have cause to ever again,
question anything I say.

So, let me reiterate once more: My comments were not directed at you or anyone
else. I read some stuff, it started me thinking, in a different direction from what I read,
actually and I started writing. I didn't even know who wrote what I was reading and I
didn't care.

And what's really funny, certainly to me, is I had not read a single word that anyone
had said about Trump, anywhere. Until you told me in this reply, I didn't know you
had said anything at all, about Trump. My comment about Trump, was simply an
opposite comparison to Einstein. It was not about politics.

For the record I never, never called you a liar or even implicated you were.  You're right, I don't know you and so I can only see you from what you have written.  Moreover, my comment to you about Trump was not directed towards you, I have no idea if you are even an american Citizen.  I was once again, stating how I felt about Trump supporters in general.  I was the one that commented on the original poster possibly being a Trump supporter. However, it's all good.  I'm not upset with you and was not upset with you.  Not that you would have given a rat's ass if I was.  I was simply to clear the air and mostly commenting on your statement re' hate mail.  Now the olive branch has been extended.  Take it.  Or not......:biggrin:

6 minutes ago, mic351 said:

For the record I never, never called you a liar or even implicated you were.  You're right, I don't know you and so I can only see you from what you have written.  Moreover, I comment to you about Trump was not directed towards you, I have no idea if you are even an american Citizen.  I was once again, stating how I felt about Trump supporters in general.  I was the one that commented on the original poster possibly being a Trump supporter.  However, it's all good.  I'm not upset with you and was not upset with you.  Not that you would have given a rat's ass if I was.  I was simply to clear the air and mostly commenting on your statement re' hate mail.  Now the olive branch has been extended.  take it.  Or not......:biggrin:

mic, you didn't outright say, "You are a liar," but when you said my comments
were directed at you, after I had explicitly said they were directed at no one,
that's calling me a liar.

I'll accept your olive branch, mic, as long as you try and understand there are
many different ways to say someone is lying.

Just now, letsdothis said:

mic, you didn't outright say, "You are a liar," but when you said my comments
were directed at you, after I had explicitly said they were directed at no one,
that's calling me a liar.

I'll accept your olive branch, mic, as long as you try and understand there are
many different ways to say someone is lying.

Often there are many different ways to take what someone is saying the wrong way also.